On this page:
Definition of the noun agapornis
What does agapornis mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a genus of Psittacidae
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Agapornis: genus Agapornis
- more generic term: bird genus = a genus of birds
- member of: family Psittacidae / Psittacidae = coextensive with the order Psittaciformes
- member: lovebird = small African parrot noted for showing affection for their mates
Agapornis is a musical group.
- also known as AGP
- Martín Bourdin (Vocals) since
- Belén María Condomi Alcorta (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Gonzalo Mendes (Guitar) between and (2 years)
- Marco Agliano (Guitar) since
- Juan Martin Garriga Lacaze (Vocals)
- Melina Lezcano (Vocals) since
- Leandro Zingale (Bass guitar)
- Santiago Etchart (Drums)
- Juan Cruz Costabel (Keyboard)
- Juan Persico (Percussion)
- Agustin Cairo (Percussion)
- Joaquín Irigoyen (Electric guitar)
- albums: "Volando con ritmo", "Sigue y sigue", "Persiana americana", "Te voy a amar", "Tú", "Someone Like You", "Torn"
Phrases with Agapornis
Phrases starting with the word Agapornis:
- Agapornis cana
- Agapornis canus
- Agapornis taranta
- Agapornis fischeri
- Agapornis lilianae
- Agapornis pullaria
- Agapornis personata
- Agapornis pullarius
- Agapornis nigrigenis
- Agapornis personatus
- Agapornis canus canus
- Agapornis nigrigensis
- Agapornis roseicollis
- Agapornis swinderniana
- Agapornis swindernianus
Phrase ending with the word Agapornis:
Other phrases containing the word Agapornis:
View more phrases with the word Agapornis in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agapornis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Avicultural Magazine (1896)
The genus Agapornis is a very large one, and is distributed over South Eastern Asia and the adjacent Islands, East and West Africa, and Madagascar, and one species, at least, ...
by James A. Jobling
Agapornis Gr. agape# love; ornis bird.•(syn. Forpus). Agapornis is the current valid genus for the ...
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro, Timothy Johns
Agapornis fischeri. General colour green with forehead, cheeks and throat orange, merging to dark yellow on crown and nape; a yellowish collar between hind neck and mantle; chest yellowish; underside of wings ...
by Shatrughna Prasad Sinha
The two Ethiopia group endemics (Poicephalus flavifrons and Agapornis taranta) both have immediate relatives in species groups within Africa. Poicephalus is a purely Afrotropical genus, but although Agapornis is too ( occurring ...
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1907)
Everybody's Book of Reference ...
The true lovebirds (genus Agapornis), are inhabitants of Africa, while the #. love-birds of the genus sittacula inhabit South and Central America.
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
lovebird Any of nine species of small PARROTs (genus Agapornis, subfamily Psittacinae) of Africa and Madagascar. Popular as pets for ...
by Bo Beolens, Michael Watkins, Michael Grayson
in the common names of at least six birds, including Fischer's Whydah Vidua fischeri and Fischer's Lovebird Agapornis fischeri. The shrew is found in Kenya and Tanzania. Fischer, S. Fischer's Little Fruit Bat Rhinophylla fischerae Carter, 1966 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agapornis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agapornis
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Denis789
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1G2A1P3O1R1N1I1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGAPORNIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- GRAIN SOAP
- PIANO RAGS
See also the blanagrams of Agapornis!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agapornis to find many related words and phrases!