On this page:
Definition of the noun agaricaceae
What does agaricaceae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- large family including many familiar mushrooms
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Agaricaceae: family Agaricaceae
- more generic term: fungus family = includes lichen families
- member of: Agaricales / order Agaricales = typical gilled mushrooms belonging to the subdivision Basidiomycota
- genus Agaricus / Agaricus = type genus of Agaricaceae
- genus Amanita / Amanita = genus of widely distributed agarics that have white spores and are poisonous with few exceptions
- genus Cantharellus / Cantharellus = a well-known genus of fungus; has funnel-shaped fruiting body
- genus Coprinus / Coprinus = genus of black-spotted agarics in which the cap breaks down at maturity into an inky fluid
- genus Lactarius / Lactarius = large genus of agarics that have white spore and contain a white or milky juice when cut or broken
- genus Marasmius / Marasmius = chiefly small mushrooms with white spores
- genus Pleurotus / Pleurotus = agarics with white spores and caps having an eccentric stem
- genus Russula / Russula = large genus of fungi with stout stems and white spores and neither annulus nor volva; brittle caps of red or purple or yellow or green or blue
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agaricaceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro, Timothy Johns
Obuoch-ohumo, Termitomyces robustus (Agaricaceae). An edible mushroom with conical and sharply pointed perforatorium. Stipe very long. Obuoch-olando, Tcnnitomyces letestui (Agaricaceae). An edible mushroom, with the largest ...
by Michael Allaby
Any fungus belonging to the order *Agaricales or, more specifically, to the family * Agaricaceae.
by Kirti Sharma
Agaricaceae Aldosterone Agaricaceae: They are a family ...
by Thomas Nordegren
Agaricaceae A family of fungi of the order Agaricales, subclass Holobasidiomycetidae, including the genus Agaricus. Agaricales Fungis of the subclass Holobasidiomycetidae, series Hymenomycetes, consisting of the mushrooms including the ...
by Carl A. Batt
Table 1 Orders, families, and genera of basidiomycetes in which edible species have been reported Order Family Genera Auriculariales Auriculariaceae Auricularia Agaricales Agaricaceae Agaricus, Chamaemyces, Leucoagaricus, ...
by Saligrama Krishna Ramachandra Rao
Agaricaceae. Habitat: Common in many parts of India, chiefly in cattle-fields of central Punjab after the rains, barren desert tracts of central and southern Punjab and also Baluchistan. Medicinal Action: Rasa. - Sweet Guna. - Heavy and slimy ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (2 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Agaricomycetes, Agaricomycetidae, Agaricales, Agaricaceae) on this dwarf palm.
Mongolian English Dictionary (2013)
Gill Fungi, Agarics, Agaricaceae, Уйланхай ~Slime moulds, Myxomycetes, Ур~ (Урын~)Bracket Fungus, Shelf Fungus, Уутат ~SacFungi, Ascomycetes, xap~ Toadstool, Харга ~ (seeXapra), ...
Ethnopharmacology and Its Applications by Christian Rätsch
Panther Cap Family Agaricaceae;
Psychoactive Substances for Use in Sexual Practices by Christian Rätsch, Claudia Müller-Ebeling
ex Hooker, Agaricaceae (Amanita) Amanitaceae (Mushroom Family) [syn. Agaricus muscarius L., Agaricus muscarius Pers., Amanita formosa Gom. et. Rab., Amanita mexicana Reko nom. nud.] ...
by Jeffrey B. Harborne, Herbert Baxter
Fly agaric 645 Amanita muscaria (Agaricaceae). Hallucinogen. The main constituent is the oxazole alkaloid, ibotenic acid, which is the precursor of muscimol. the active agent. Once one of the most widespread sources of hallucinogen in ...
A Pocket Botanical Dictionary, comprising the names, history, and culture of all plants known in Britain, with a full explanation of technical terms. By J. Paxton, assisted by Professor Lindley (1868)
by Sir Joseph Paxton
Agaricaceae. Curious and minute species of Fungi, found usually upon dead and partially rotten wood, in the early part of the season—moriformis, stellatus, violaceus. DACTYLANTHEs. See Euphorbia. DACTYLICAPNos, Wallich.
A Dictionary of Ecology (2010)
by Michael Allaby
Any fungus belonging to the order Agaricales or, more specifically, to the family Agaricaceae. agaricide A natural or synthetic chemical substance that is toxic to * agarics. agarophyte A seaweed from which *agar can be obtained. Agassiz, Jean ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agaricaceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agaricaceae
Click on an item to view that photo:
Agaricaceae - Agaricus sylvicola.
Agaricaceae - Agaricus sylvicola
Photo credit: Ettore Balocchi
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1G2A1R1I1C3A1C3E1A1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agaricaceae to find many related words and phrases!