On this page:
Definition of the noun agaricales
What does agaricales mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- typical gilled mushrooms belonging to the subdivision Basidiomycota
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Agaricales: order Agaricales
- more generic term: fungus order = the order of fungi
- member of: Basidiomycota / Basidiomycotina / subdivision Basidiomycota / subdivision Basidiomycotina = comprises fungi bearing the spores on a basidium; includes Gasteromycetes (puffballs) and Tiliomycetes comprising the orders Ustilaginales (smuts) and Uredinales (rusts) and Hymenomycetes
- family Clavariaceae / Clavariaceae = fleshy fungi: coral fungi
- family Hydnaceae / Hydnaceae = tooth fungi
- agaric = a saprophytic fungus of the order Agaricales having an umbrellalike cap with gills on the underside
- family Agaricaceae / Agaricaceae = large family including many familiar mushrooms
- family Coprinaceae / Coprinaceae = used in some classifications for the genus Coprinus
- family Russulaceae / Russulaceae = used in some classification systems for the genus Russula
- family Strophariaceae / Strophariaceae = sometimes included in family Agaricaceae
- family Entolomataceae / Entolomataceae = a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- family Lepiotaceae / Lepiotaceae = a family of fungi having free gills and a cap that is cleanly separable from the stalk
- family Thelephoraceae / Thelephoraceae = fungi having leathery or membranous sporophores
- family Tricholomataceae / Tricholomataceae = a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- family Volvariaceae / Volvariaceae = a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- family Pluteaceae / Pluteaceae = a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- family Boletaceae / Boletaceae = family of fleshy fungi having the germ pores easily separating from the cup and often from each other
- family Hygrophoraceae / Hygrophoraceae = a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- family Cortinariaceae / Cortinariaceae = a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agaricales
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Allaby
Any fungus belonging to the order *Agaricales or, more specifically, to the family * Agaricaceae.
by Carl A. Batt
Several orders, Agaricales, Boletales, Cantharellales, Cortinariales, Fistulinales, Gomphales, Hericiales, Lycoperdales, Poriales, Russulales, Thelephorales, containing edible species, some commercially produced (Table 1).
by Jill Bailey
Agaricales (agarics) An order of basid- iomycetes that contains the mushrooms and toadstools. The cap of the fleshy fruiting body – the mushroom or toadstool – bears a series of parallel gills on its lower surface that greatly increase its surface ...
by Linda D. Stetzenbach, Marylynn V. Yates
Agaricales fungal order, includes basidiomycetes. agarose a polymer purified ...
Encyclopedia of Biology (2009)
by Don Rittner, Timothy Lee McCabe
Includes the orders Agaricales (mushrooms) and Aphyllophorales. See also FUNGI. basidium (plural, basidia) A specialized club- shaped sexual reproductive cell found in the fertile area of the hymenium, the fertile sexual spore -bearing ...
by Denis J Murphy, Brian G Murray
Agaricales and Russulales.
by Paul M. Coates, M. Coates Paul, Marc Blackman, Marc R. Blackman, Gordon M. Cragg, Mark Levine, Jeffrey D. White, Joel Moss, Mark A. Levine
Table 1 Mycological data for shiitake Basidiomycotina Homobasidiomycetes Agaricomycetiae Agaricales. 654 Shiitake (Lentinus edodes)...
Psychedelics Encyclopedia (2013)
by Peter Stafford
BOTANY Mushrooms containing psilocybin and/ or psilocin belong to a broad botanical order, the Agaricales (gill-bearing fungi), and are found mainly in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agaricales
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agaricales
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1G2A1R1I1C3A1L1E1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGARICALES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agaricales!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agaricales to find many related words and phrases!