On this page:
- Agata a.k.a. Ichirou Agata, often known simply as Agata, is the guitarist for the Japanese noise rock band Melt-Banana. Agata is known particularly for his furious stage antics, jumping and constantly moving around, and exceedingly unique approach to playing the guitar which involves extended technique heavy use of effects pedals and guitar slides resulting in sounds not easily attributed to the guitar. He is also known for consistently wearing a surgical mask on stage during performances.
- read more about Ichirou Agata
- Agata a.k.a. Marry Queen is an adult film actress.
- read more about Marry Queen
Agata is a female yellow Labrador Retriever drug detection dog who works at Leticia, Columbia. In 2004, Columbian drug barons placed a $10,000 USD bounty on her head, making her one of the only dogs to ever have a bounty on its head. This resulted in the dog and her handler being given a body guard. The bounty was the result of her abnormal skills at drug detection, having stopped more than three hundred kilos of cocaine, worth more than seven million dollars, and twenty kilos of heroin. She was decorated for her work.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1919 historical novel The Visoko Chronicle by Ivan Tavčar.
- Agata is a fictional character from Buffet Titanic.
- Agata a.k.a. Agáta is a fictional character from the 2000 film Tomas and the Falcon King.
- read more about Agáta
- Agata a.k.a. Agáta is a fictional character from the 2011 film Flower Buds.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 2006 comedy film Just Love Me.
- Agata is a fictional character from 1980 film The Moth.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 2004 film Agata and the Storm.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1952 film La Colpa di una madre.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 2006 film Polish Kitsch Project 2.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1993 film Hijacking of Agata.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 2009 drama film Piggies.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1978 film Without Anesthesia.
- Agata a.k.a. Ágata is a fictional character from the 2002 film Nobody's Life.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 2008 film Spring 1941.
- Agata is a fictional character from the film Twists of Fate.
- Agata is a fictional character from the novel Chłopi by a Polish author Władysław Reymont.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1971 film That's How We Women Are.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1976 film La figliastra.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1992 film A Bachelor's Life Abroad.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 2014 film Amori elementari.
- Agata is a fictional character from the 1993 Polish TV movie Dwa ksiezyce.
"Agata" a.k.a. "Agatha" is a 1998 film from the Czech Republic, written and directed by Dan Krames; with writing credits by Anton Chekhov.
- also known as Agáta
- country: Czech Republic
- director: Dan Krameš
- genre: Drama
- released in (17 years ago)
"Agata" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- AGATA is an Aviation waypoint, Geocode.
- also known as AGATA waypoint, waipoint AGATA, fix AGATA, AGATA fix
- AGATA is an Aviation waypoint.
There are other places with in their name, like Sant'agata Feltria, Sant'agata Fossili, Tovo di Sant'Agata, Sant'Agata de' Goti, Sant'Agata di Esaro, Sant'Agata Bolognese, Sant'Agata di Puglia, Sant'Agata del Bianco, Sant'Agata li Battiati, Sant'Agata di Militello and Sant'Agata sul Santerno.
- The Agata is a potato variety. It comes from a crossing between the BM 52-72 and Sirco varieties.
- also known as Agata potato
- AGATA: Advanced GAmma Tracking Array is a highly developed detector system to track gamma rays. It is a European collaboration project funded by twelve countries in Europe. The project was proposed in 2001 and in 2002 it was signed by the participant countries; in 2005 the first detector showed its result. It is expected that the complete AGATA array will be ready within 2018. The spectrometer is 4π gamma-ray detector which is a combination of several Germanium detectors. It is a major instrument to study nuclear structure ray tracking by measuring the γ-radiation. AGATA will have very good full energy peak efficiency with high peak-to-total ratio and angular resolution. The system will be capable of high event rates with ancillary detectors to measure light charged particles or neutron.
Phrases with Agata
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agata
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Approach Toward Autonomous Systems by Yang Gao
AGATA is an autonomous architecture focused on the issues of maintaining a high-level autonomy while attempting to incorporate genericity and modularity, with applications to avionics and spacecraft systems. Its modules are based on a ...
by Callie Copeman-Bryant
Situated just outside Ravello, Mamma Agata is a real foodies' heaven run by a native of the town who has cooked for many of the past Hollywood greats (a list that includes Humphry Bogart, Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor and Fred Astaire, ...
Third Part, Southern Italy and Sicily, with Excursions to the Lipari Islands, Malta, Sardinia, Tunis, and Corfu
Agata is a small town with a tolerable inn (Strada dei Medici, No. 45). The road crosses the beds of numerous torrents, in the first of which , the Rosamarina , bordered by oleanders, are the fragments of a Roman bridge. To the right ...
Ethically Educating Tomorrow's Business Leaders by Charles Wankel, Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch
Agata is a member of Polish Academy of Sciences, and the Committee on Organizational and Management Sciences Department Katowice and PRME Working Group on AntiCorruption.
Agata is a mosaic of paved roads, cloisters and noblemen's palaces12. The Rainone palace, where the agri-tourism establishment is situated is a fitting refuge for those who would like to visit the ancient Sannite city. The rooms of the palace ...
Italy: Southern Italy and Sicily, with excursions to the Lipari islands, Malta, Sardinia, Tunis and Corfu. 12th rev. ed. 1896 (1890)
Agata is a small town with a tolerable inn (Strada dei Medici, No. 45). The road crosses the beds of numerous torrents, in the first of which, the Rosamarina, bordered by oleanders, are the fragments of a Roman bridge. To the right lies ...
Handbook for Travellers
Agata is a small town with a tolerable inn (Strada dei Medici, No. 45). The road crosses the beds of numerous torrents, in the first of which, the Rosamarina , bordered by oleanders, are the fragments of a Roman bridge. To the right lies ...
by Reinhard Stock
The AGATA collaboration includes more than 40 institutes in 13 countries in Europe, with the aim of developing and constructing a 4ft tracking spectrometer. The first phase of the project consists of 15 detector capsules, with all the electronics ...
Japan Encyclopedia (2002)
by Louis Fr?d?ric, Louis-Frédéric, Käthe Roth
Agata. Until 645...
court, the emperor's personal properties, and properties governed by a Kuni no Miyatsuko (then called Agata no Miya- tsuko).
For the Use of Counting-houses: Containing, the History, Places of Growth, Culture, Use, and Marks of Excellency, of Such Natural Productions, as Form Articles of Commerce; with Their Names in All European Languages by C. H. Kauffman
Agata; S. Agata; P. A agata. DA. A gat; SW. Agat; POL. Agat. R. Agat. L. Agates. This is a precious stone, differently denominated, according to its different colors ; some being transparent, some opaque ...
The Dictionary of Merchandize, and Nomenclature in All European Languages, for the Use of Counting-Houses. 4. Ed (1815)
by C ..... H ..... Kauffmann
Agata; S. Agata; P. Aagata; D.A. Agat; Sw. Agat; Pol. Agat; R. Agat; L. Achates.) This is a precious stone, differently denominated, according to its different colours; some being transparent, some opaque; ...
by James Stevens Curl, Susan Wilson
derived from Carlo * Rainaldi's Santa Maria in Monte Santo, Piazza del Pòpolo, Rome, while Sant' Agata ...
ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA; Or, A DICTIONARY of Arts and Sciences, Compiled Upon a New Plan. In Wich the Different Science and Arts are Digested Into Distinct Treatises Or Systems; and The Various Technical Terms, ... are Explained as They Occur in the Order of the Alphabet. Illustrated with One Hundred and Sixty Copperplates, by a Society of Gentlemen in Scotland. IN THREE VOLUMES. Edinburgh: Printed for A. Bell and C. Macfarquhar; and Fold by Colin Macfarquhar, at this Printing-office, Nicolson Street. M.D.CC.LXXI. (1771)
AGATA, or St AGATA di Gati, a city and bishop's see of Naples, and province os' Principato, situated almost in the middle between Capua and Beneventum. AGATONSI, a small island os the Archipelago, situated between that of Lesbos and ...
A Dictionary of First Names (2006)
by Patrick Hanks, Kate Hardcastle, Flavia Hodges
Agata From Greek. See Agatha in main dictionary. ALSO: Agda (Swedish); Ågot (Norwegian). Agnes From Greek: 'pure, holy'. See main dictionary. Agnethe Vernacular form of Agnes.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agata
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agata
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Otwarte Klatki
Photo credit: tomislavmedak
Photo credit: gabriel.hilohi
Photo credit: heyexit
at the reception
Photo credit: jonbro
Photo credit: cosmo_71
in front of the sunset
Photo credit: jonbro
- Sant'Agata Statue, Italy
Photo credit: Transport Pixels
Scrabble value of A1G2A1T1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agata to see it in context!