On this page:
Agathocles is a Belgian political grindcore band that began in 1985. They are mainly known for producing a large quantity of split seven-inch EPs. They play a style of grindcore that they have dubbed "mincecore".
- also known as Agathocles (band)
- Jan Frederickx (Bass guitar) since
- Erwin Vandenbergh (Percussion) between and (6 years)
- Ronny (Bass guitar) between and (2 years)
- Jakke (Guitar) between and (3 years)
- Guy (Guitar) between and
- Domingo Smets (Guitar) between and
- Burt Beyens (Vocals) between and (12 years)
- Chris (Guitar) between and
- Dirk (Bass guitar) between and
- Dirk Cuyks (Guitar) between and (9 years)
- Steve Houtmeyers (Guitar) between and (3 years)
- Matty Dupont (Guitar) between and (3 years)
- Vince Morre (Bass guitar) between and
- Roel Tulleneers (Percussion) since
- Nils Laureys (Vocals) between and
- Koen De Neve (Guitar) since
- Tony Schepkens (Bass guitar) between and
- Bram Criekemans (Bass guitar) between and (4 years)
- genres: Grindcore, D-beat, Mincecore
- albums: "To Serve... To Protect", "Black Clouds Determinate", "Humarrogance", "Mincemania in Bulgaria", "Razor Sharp Daggers", "Superiority Overdose", "Thanks for Your Hostility", "Mincer", "Grind Is Protest", "Theatric Symbolisation of Life", "The LP's: 1989-1991", "Agarchy - Use Your Anger", "Bomb Brussels", "Reds at the Mountains of Death", "Trail of Despair / Untitled", "Good Lord! Look What They've Done to Our Government", "Agathocles / Armatura", "Sodan Sankareita / Cruelty for Popularity", "Raised by Hatred / Hunt Hunters", "Do Not Give Nazis a Helping Hand", "Crust'n' Grind Protest", "Back to 1987", "Kicked and Whipped / Keep on Selling Cocaine to Angels", "Who Shares the Guilt? / Blind World", "Abstract", "Bastard Breed, We Don't Need! / The Mirror of Our Society", "Get Off Your Ass / In Noise We Noise", "Kanpai!!", "Kolik Krve Ještě Potřebujete!?! How Much Blood Do You Need, Yet!?!"
- official website: www.agathocles.com
- Agathocles was a Greek Prince who was of Macedonian and Thessalian descent. He was the son born to the diadochus Lysimachus from his first wife the Queen consort, Nicaea a daughter of the powerful regent Antipater. His full blooded siblings were his younger sisters:Eurydice and Arsinoe I.
- Agathocles was an Egyptian Greek nobleman and through his mother was related to the Ptolemaic dynasty.
- Agathocles a.k.a. Agathocles of Syracuse: Agathocles was a Greek tyrant of Syracuse and king of Sicily.
- read more about Agathocles of Syracuse
Phrases with Agathocles
Phrases ending with the word Agathocles:
Other phrases containing the word Agathocles:
- Dalla Agathocles Lanna
- Dalla Agathocles Lonia
- Dalla Agathocles Polydesma
- Subspecies Dalla Agathocles Lonia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agathocles
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Edinburgh Encyclopaedia (1832)
Agathocles, (Justin, lib. xxii, c. 1. Diod. Sic, lib. xix. sub init.) by an almost singular union of courage, artifice, and good fortune, had raised himself from the lowest condition to the sovereignty of Syracuse. But this unhoped for advancement failed ...
by Simon Hornblower, Antony Spawforth, Esther Eidinow
JTV Agathocles (1), tyrant, later king of *Syracuse, ...
by Edinburgh encyclopaedia
Agathocles advanced to Tunis, and ravaged the whole neighbourhood of Carthage. In this conjuncture, Hanno and Bomilcar were appointed to command the forces, which had been hastily brought together; and eager to check the tyrant's ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agathocles
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1G2A1T1H4O1C3L1E1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agathocles to find many related words and phrases!