On this page:
- Definition of the noun Agathon
- Phrases with Agathon
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Agathon
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agathon
- Video language resources about Agathon
- Quotes about Agathon
- Scrabble value of A1G2A1T1H4O1N1
- Anagrams of AGATHON
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Agathon
What does Agathon mean as a name of something?
Agathon is a genus of Blephariceridae, described by Rodor in 1890.
- synonym: genus Agathon
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Diptera
- family: Blephariceridae
- species Agathon arizonica
- species Agathon aylmeri
- species Agathon bilobatoides
- species Agathon bispinus
- species Agathon comstocki
- species Agathon decorilarva
- species Agathon dismalea
- species Agathon doanei
- species Agathon elegantulus
- species Agathon eoasiaticus
- species Agathon ezoensis
- species Agathon iyaensis
- species Agathon japonicus
- species Agathon kawamurai
- species Agathon longispinus
- species Agathon markii
- species Agathon montanus
- species Agathon sequoiarum
- species Agathon setosus
Agathon is a genus of Blephariceridae.
- Agathon was the son of the Macedonian Philotas and the brother of Parmenion and Asander. He was given as a hostage to Antigonus in 313 BC, by his brother Asander, who was satrap of Caria, but was taken back again by Asander in a few days. Agathon had a son, named Asander, who is mentioned in a Greek inscription.
- Agathon son of Tyrimmas was the Macedonian commander of Thracian cavalry during Alexander's campaign. He played a role in the elimination of Parmenion but later he was executed by Alexander.
Agathon: The representation in fiction of the Athenian tragic poet whose works have been lost.
Agathon: The name Agathon (Gr.
Phrases with Agathon
Phrases starting with the word Agathon:
- Agathon doanei
- Agathon markii
- Agathon aylmeri
- Agathon Setosus
- Agathon Bispinus
- Agathon dismalea
- Agathon Ezoensis
- Agathon Iyaensis
- Agathon Montanus
- Agathon arizonica
- Agathon comstocki
- Agathon Japonicus
- Agathon Kawamurai
- Agathon sequoiarum
Phrases ending with the word Agathon:
View more phrases with the word Agathon in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Agathon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Plato's Dialectic at Play (2010)
Argument, Structure, and Myth in the Symposium by Kevin Corrigan, Elena Glazov-Corrigan
Indeed, Agathon is the first person within the narrative of the Symposium to employ the word "true." Maybe we are not wise, Socrates says at 194c, but "if you met others who are wise, you'd perhaps feel shame before them, if you thought you ...
... Circulars (1885)
Nay, whatever gentle mockery Sokrates may indulge in, Agathon is a necessary precursor to him, as necessary as any of the sophists. Into the speech of Sokrates we cannot go at ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
Agathon promoted primarily by John Rich at Lincoln's Inn Fields in order to compete with the Drury Lane. The addition of afterpieces to the regular program may also have been an attempt to attract working citizens, who often missed the early ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agathon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Agathon
Click on an item to play that video:
- Koza Mostra feat. Agathon Iakovidis - Alcohol Is Free (Greece) - LIVE - 2013 Grand Final
- AGATHON CNC COMBI-350 Overhaul,Retrofit / System change
Maker : AGATHON Model : CNC COMBI-350 SYSTEM : SENTROL-III.
- Koza Mostra & Agathon Iakovidis - Alcohol Is Free (Greece) 2013 Eurovision Song Contest
- Koza Mostra feat. Agathon Iakovidis - Alcohol Is Free (Greece) - LIVE - 2013 Semi-Final (2)
- Bernstein - Serenade, IV. Agathon
Serenade for Violin, String Orchestra, Harp and Percussion after Plato's Symposium IV. Agathon, adagio g. kremer, violin l. bernstein, conductor london ...
- AGATHON RWASA YITAVYE MUNAMA NSHINGAMATEKA.
Quotes about Agathon
Scrabble value of A1G2A1T1H4O1N1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGATHON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agathon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agathon to see it in context!