Age Ain't Nothing but a Number
On this page:
- "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number": Age Ain't Nothing but a Number is the debut studio album by American R&B recording artist Aaliyah, released under Jive and Blackground Records on May 24, 1994, in the United States. After being signed by her uncle Barry Hankerson, Aaliyah was introduced to recording artist and producer R. Kelly. He became her mentor, as well as the lead songwriter and producer of the album. The duo recorded the album at the Chicago Recording Company in Chicago, Illinois. The album featured two hit singles, including the top ten-charting "Back & Forth" and "At Your Best"; both singles were certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. One additional single followed in the U.S.: "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number". Two more singles were released internationally after "Age Ain't Nothing But a Number": "Down with the Clique" and "The Thing I Like".
- "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number": "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number" is a song by American singer Aaliyah, written and produced by R. Kelly for her debut album of the same name. Its lyrics tell the story of a girl wanting to date an older man, saying that their age difference is irrelevant if the feelings are strong enough. The song begins with a short piano introduction in quintuple meter and Aaliyah looking up a page in her diary dated May 5th, 1993. Once she discovers it, the beat switches to the chorus. The line "I got a thing for you and I can't let go" is lifted directly from Bobby Caldwell's "What You Won't Do For Love".
- music and lyrics by R. Kelly
- "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number" is a musical single of Aaliyah.
- released on (21 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Age Ain't Nothing but a Number
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: