Age of Consent
On this page:
Definition of the noun age of consent
What does age of consent mean as a name of something?
- the minimum age for marrying without parental consent or the minimum age for consensual sexual relations; intercourse at an earlier age can result in a charge of assault or statutory rape; the age differs in different states of the Union
Alternative definition of the noun age of consent
- [legal] The age at which a person is legally considered to be mature enough to engage willingly in sexual intercourse.
- "Age of Consent" is a 1969 Australian film which was the penultimate feature film directed by British director Michael Powell. The romantic comedy-drama stars James Mason, Helen Mirren in her first major film role, and veteran Irish character actor Jack MacGowran. The screenplay by Peter Yeldham was adapted from the 1935 semi-autobiographical novel of the same name by Norman Lindsay, who died the year this film was released.
- countries: Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: James Mason & Michael Powell
- based on a story by Norman Lindsay
- cinematography by Hannes Staudinger
- edited by Anthony Buckley
- music by Peter Sculthorpe, Stanley Myers
- genres: Romance Film, Biographical film, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (46 years ago)
- "Age of Consent" a.k.a. "The Age of Consent" is a 1932 American black-and-white drama film directed by Gregory La Cava. The film stars Richard Cromwell as a young man who becomes involved with a waitress of a seedy restaurant.
- read more about The Age of Consent
- "Age of Consent" is a 2013 documentary biography historical fiction film written and directed by Charles Lum and Todd Verow.
- countries: United Kingdom, United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: Todd Verow & Charles Lum
- producers: Charles Lum & Todd Verow
- written by Charles Lum & Todd Verow
- cinematography by Charles Lum & Todd Verow
- edited by Charles Lum & Todd Verow
- music by Greg Sabo
- genres: Documentary film, Biographical film, Historical fiction, LGBT
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Age of Consent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Law of Baron and Femme, of Parent and Child, Guardian and Ward, Master and Servant, and of the Powers of the Courts of Chancery (1862)
With an Essay on the Terms Heir, Heirs, Heirs of the Body by Tapping Reeve
With regard to the avoidance of the marriage by either party, while one is within the age of consent, it is believed that the doctrine of the text does not hold where the party above the age of consent is an adult. It has been held that in such case ...
States of Desire Revisited (2014)
Travels in Gay America by Edmund White
The age of consent is an anomaly in Massachusetts, for instance. A boy may marry at fourteen and a girl at twelve, both may receive contraceptives and girls may seek abortions without parental consent—but no one under sixteen can legally ...
by Abbie E. Goldberg
The term age of consent is somewhat misleading. Sexual assault laws cannot nor could not locate the exact age where someone transforms from a dependent subject incapable of making decisions for herself to an independent, rational actor.
by JoAnne Myers
AGE OF CONSENT. The age at which legal (and penal) codes deem individuals capable ...
by Brent L. Pickett
AGE OF CONSENT LAWS. Many countries that do not have anti- sodomy laws had, or still have, unequal ages of consent for heterosexual versus homosexual relations. For example, France, during World War II, raised the age of consent for ...
by Peter Childs, Michael Storry
The age of consent has been discussed from Plato, through Locke and into contemporary public policy. It covers a variety of different situations, from smoking , taking alcohol and watching X-rated movies to legal permission to engage in ...
Though the age of consent to a marriage in an infant male is fourteen, and in a female twelve; yet they may •marry before, and, if they agree thereto when they attain tliele ages, the marriage is good ; but they cannot disagree before then ; and, ...
Defining and Interpreting the Terms Or Words of Art, and Comprising Also Copious Information on the Subjects of Trade and Government by Sir Thomas Edlyne Tomlins, Thomas Colpitts Granger
Though the age of consent to a marriage in an infant male is fourteen, and in a female twelve, yet they may marry before, and if they agree thereto when they attain these ages, the marriage is good, but they cannot disagree before then ; and if ...
4 Volume Set by Bonnie G. Smith
The Age of Consent Act raised the age of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Age of Consent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Age of Consent
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Age of Consent
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Age of Consent to see it in context!