Age of Heroes
On this page:
"Age of Heroes" is a war film directed by Adrian Vitoria. The film is based on the real-life events of the formation of Ian Fleming's 30 Commando unit during World War II. The film was released in the United Kingdom in 2011.
- country: United Kingdom
- languages: Norwegian Language, English Language
- producers: James Youngs, Nick O'Hagan, Lex Lutzus
- executive producers: Christopher Figg, Charlotte Walls, Shail Shah, James Greenslade, Jamie Carmichael, Nigel Thomas, Robert Whitehouse & Peter Urie
- production design by Richard Campling
- art direction by Oli van der Vijver & Johnny Campling
- written by Adrian Vitoria & Ed Scates
- Sean Bean as Maj. Jack Jones
- James D'Arcy as Lt. Cdr. Ian Fleming
- Danny Dyer as Cpl. Bob Rains
- Izabella Miko as Jensen
- Rosie Fellner as Sophie Holbrook
- John Dagleish as Flt. Sgt. Roger Rollright
- Aksel Hennie as Lt. Steinar Mortensen
- Daniel Brocklebank as RMP Sgt. Hamilton
- Guy Burnet as Riley
- William Houston as Sgt. MacKenzie
- Stephen Walters as Cpl. Syd Brightling
- Sebastian Street as RMP Col. Archer
- Ewan Ross as Gable
- Eric Madsen as Teichman
- Lee Jerrum as Dobson
- Tony Hood as Sergeant Gray
- Jay Simpson as RMP Company Sergeant Major
- Theo Barklem-Biggs as Jimmy
- Timothy Watson as RMP Captain
- Lin Blakley as Mrs. Shepherd
- Christiaan Haig as Muggs
- Tom Lawrence as RAF Jump Sergeant
- Vegar Hoel as Ingmar
- Andrew Buckley as Military Policeman
- Andrew Michael Buckley as RMP
- Loekke Calle as Commando Soldier
- David Gwillim as SS Mountain Troops
- Sam Peter Jackson as German Soldiers
- Dominic Ryan as German Nazi Soldier
- Richard Stephens as Nazi Officer
- casting by Rohan Chand & Urvashi Chugani
- cinematography by Mark Hamilton
- edited by Chris Gill & Joe Parsons
- music by Michael Richard Plowman
- costume design by Elvis Davis
- genre: War film
- subject: World War II
- released on
"Age of Heroes" is a 2009 Iranian video game. Created by the Modern Industry Center, it was released by Ras Games and the National Foundation for Computer Games with support from the Ferdowsi Foundation. The plotline of Age of Heroes centers on the efforts of Atar, son of Pishad and commander of the kingdom of Sistan, to fight against demons which have captured and laid waste to much of the region. The storyline is derived from the Shahnameh, an epic poem written by Ferdowsi, uses 110 mythical figures living in nine regions, and features the work of over 35 voice actors.
- developer: Modern Industry Center
- released in (6 years ago)
Age of Heroes is a TV program.
- also known as The Age of Heroes, Heroic Age
- begun on and completed on (10 years ago)
- country: South Korea
- regular cast:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Age of Heroes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Compendium of Contemporary Biblical Scholarship by Craig A. Evans, Stanley E. Porter, Jr.
Greek historians divided history into two eras, the prehistoric age of heroes and myth prior to the midtwelfth century B.C. and the historical time to the present. The age of ...
Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference
:* time in which any particular man, or race ** lived, or shall live; as, the age of heroes.— 9 longer now the golden age appears hen Patriarch wits surviv'd a thousand years. T Pope. *. * space of a hundred years; a secular periW.
Compiled with the Greatest Care from the Best Authors and Dictionaries Now Extant. By a Society of Gentlemen
The time in which any particular set of men lived as, the age of heroes. : 8. In Chronology; acertain number of years passed fince the creation. 9. In Law; in a man, the age of fourteen is the age of discretion, and ...
by Thomas Sheridan
Any period of time attributed to something as the whole, or part of its duration ; a succession or generation of men; the time in which any particular man, or race of men lived, as, the 6 age of heroes; the space of a hundred years; the latter part of ...
by Samuel Johnson
A succession or generation of men, as, another age will reap the benefit of our labours; the time in which any particular man, or race of men, lived or shall live, as, the age of heroes, the golden age, No longer now the golden age appears, ...
To which are Prefixed, Principles of English Pronunciation... by John Walker
Any period of time attributed to something as the whole, or part of its duration; a succession or generation of men; the time in which any particular man, or race of men, lived, as, the age of heroes; the space of a hundred years; the latter part of ...
First Edition in Octavo, Containing the Whole Vocabulary of the Quarto, with Corrections, Improvements, and Several Thousand Additional Words; to which is Prefixed an Introductory Dissertation ... by Noah Webster
1: The quality of moving or of exerting power; the state of # figures of riod of human life, marked by a difference of ; the age of olden age, the age of iron, the age of heroes or of sidered. AGIT-A-TING, ppr Shaking; moving with violence; ...
But it was an age of heroes. In full of all other " talents, we have a tedious, lamentable, pedantic, pastoral " romance, which the patience of a young virgin in love " cannot now wade through; and some absurd attempts " to fetter English verse in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Age of Heroes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Age of Heroes to see it in context!