Age of Heroes
On this page:
"Age of Heroes" is a war film directed by Adrian Vitoria. The film is based on the real-life events of the formation of Ian Fleming's 30 Commando unit during World War II. The film was released in the United Kingdom in 2011.
- country: United Kingdom
- languages: Norwegian Language, English Language
- producers: James Youngs, Nick O'Hagan, Lex Lutzus
- executive producers: Christopher Figg, Charlotte Walls, Shail Shah, James Greenslade, Jamie Carmichael, Nigel Thomas, Robert Whitehouse & Peter Urie
- production design by Richard Campling
- art direction by Oli van der Vijver & Johnny Campling
- written by Adrian Vitoria & Ed Scates
- Sean Bean as Maj. Jack Jones
- James D'Arcy as Lt. Cdr. Ian Fleming
- Danny Dyer as Cpl. Bob Rains
- Izabella Miko as Jensen
- Rosie Fellner as Sophie Holbrook
- John Dagleish as Flt. Sgt. Roger Rollright
- Aksel Hennie as Lt. Steinar Mortensen
- Daniel Brocklebank as RMP Sgt. Hamilton
- Guy Burnet as Riley
- William Houston as Sgt. MacKenzie
- Stephen Walters as Cpl. Syd Brightling
- Sebastian Street as RMP Col. Archer
- Ewan Ross as Gable
- Eric Madsen as Teichman
- Lee Jerrum as Dobson
- Tony Hood as Sergeant Gray
- Jay Simpson as RMP Company Sergeant Major
- Theo Barklem-Biggs as Jimmy
- Timothy Watson as RMP Captain
- Lin Blakley as Mrs. Shepherd
- Christiaan Haig as Muggs
- Tom Lawrence as RAF Jump Sergeant
- Vegar Hoel as Ingmar
- Andrew Buckley as Military Policeman
- Andrew Michael Buckley as RMP
- Loekke Calle as Commando Soldier
- David Gwillim as SS Mountain Troops
- Sam Peter Jackson as German Soldiers
- Dominic Ryan as German Nazi Soldier
- Richard Stephens as Nazi Officer
- casting by Rohan Chand & Urvashi Chugani
- cinematography by Mark Hamilton
- edited by Chris Gill & Joe Parsons
- music by Michael Richard Plowman
- costume design by Elvis Davis
- genre: War film
- subject: World War II
- released on
"Age of Heroes" is a 2009 Iranian video game. Created by the Modern Industry Center, it was released by Ras Games and the National Foundation for Computer Games with support from the Ferdowsi Foundation. The plotline of Age of Heroes centers on the efforts of Atar, son of Pishad and commander of the kingdom of Sistan, to fight against demons which have captured and laid waste to much of the region. The storyline is derived from the Shahnameh, an epic poem written by Ferdowsi, uses 110 mythical figures living in nine regions, and features the work of over 35 voice actors.
- developer: Modern Industry Center
- released in (6 years ago)
Age of Heroes is a TV program.
- also known as The Age of Heroes, Heroic Age
- begun on and completed on (10 years ago)
- country: South Korea
- regular cast:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Age of Heroes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
The time in which any particular man, or race of men, lived, or shall live; as, the age of heroes. — No longer now the golden age appears When patriarch wits furviv'd a thousand years. Pope. 4- The space of a hundred years; a secular period; ...
To which is Prefixed a Prosodial Grammar by Thomas Sheridan
Any period of time attributed to something as the whole, or part of its duration; a succellion or generation of men; the time in which any particular man, or race of men lived, as, the age of heroes; the space os a hundred years; the latter part os ...
by Byron Kaldis
an age of heroes, in which society is dominated by heroic figures who embody the virtues necessary for human custom; and (3) an ...
But it was an age of heroes. In full of all other " talents, we have a tedious, lamentable, pedantic, pastoral " romance, which the patience of a young virgin in love " cannot now wade through; and some absurd attempts " to fetter English verse in ...
A Dictionary of the English Language: in Wich the Words are Deduced from Their Originals, and Illustrated in Their Different Significations by Examples from the Best Writers ... By Samuel Johnson. In Two Volumes. Vol. 1. [-2.] (1777)
The time in which any particular man, or race of men, lived, or shall live; as, the age of heroes. 4. The space of a hundred years; a fecular period ; a century. 5. The latter part of life; old-age; oldness. 6. Maturity ; ripenefs; years of discretion ; full ...
lived, or (lull live ; as, the age of heroes.— 4. The space of a hundred years ; a secular period ; a century.— 5. The later part of life ; old age.— 6. Maturity ; ripeness ; years of discretion ; full strength os life.— 7. Age, likewise, signifies a certain ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Age of Heroes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Age of Heroes for some fun with words!