On this page:
- Definition of the noun ageing
- Definition of the adjective ageing
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ageing
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ageing
- Photos about Ageing
- Video language resources about Ageing
- Quotes about Ageing
- Scrabble value of A1G2E1I1N1G2
- Anagrams of AGEING
- Share this page
Definition of the noun ageing
What does ageing mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ageings
- acquiring desirable qualities by being left undisturbed for some time
- the organic process of growing older and showing the effects of increasing age
Alternative definition of the noun ageing
- [British] The process of becoming older or more mature.
- [British] The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- [British, gerontology] Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time.
Definition of the adjective ageing
What does ageing mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- Ageing or aging is the process of becoming older. It represents the accumulation of changes in a person over time. Ageing in humans refers to a multidimensional process of physical, psychological, and social change. Some dimensions of ageing grow and expand over time, while others decline. Reaction time, for example, may slow with age, while knowledge of world events and wisdom may expand. Research shows that even late in life, potential exists for physical, mental, and social growth and development. Ageing is an important part of all human societies reflecting the biological changes that occur, but also reflecting cultural and societal conventions. Ageing is among the largest known risk factors for most human diseases. Roughly 100,000 people worldwide die each day of age-related causes.
- Ageing a.k.a. Age and Aging is a gene ontology group, gene group, tv subject.
- also known as aging
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ageing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by W. F. Bynum, Roy Porter
Ageing. Sinceclassical times, there have been advocatesof old age as an object ofspecialized study within medicine and other professional and intellectual disciplines, though they have never been numerous orpowerful. Throughout this long ...
by Frank Hamer, Janet Hamer
Ageing Souring. Maturing. The storing of clay in plastic state to improve workability. See Workability. Ageing is used as a synonym for souring although a difference ...
Containing a Brief Account of All the Substances and Processes in Use in the Arts of Dyeing and Printing Textile Fabrics
Formerly the ageing or hanging rooms were kept hot by flues or steam pipes, whence called stoves, a name which they still retain in some places, though heat may not be used. Stoves proper are for simply drying heavy piece goods which ...
Encyclopedia of Perception (2010)
by E. Bruce Goldstein
See also Action and Vision; Ageing and Hearing; Ageing and Vision; Cutaneous Perception; ExperienceDependent Plasticity; Haptics; Neuropsychology of Perception; Perceptual Learning; Proprioception; Reaching and Grasping; Sensory ...
by NA NA
Population ageing is occurring in most parts of the world, but is most advanced in the richest countries.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ageing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ageing
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: lukask
Photo credit: dpwk
Photo credit: barcar
make a wish...
Photo credit: red twolips
Photo credit: Woody H1
- Ageing grace
Rice farmers in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam.
Photo credit: staffan.scherz
- Forest - experimental ageing.
Photo credit: scotbot
- Ageing together
Photo credit: Jaetographer
- Dying Lillies - experimental ageing
Photo credit: scotbot
- Vivid Ageing
Photo credit: Kazarelth
- Ageing in style
Photo credit: Curatesegg
- Social Lab: Ageing
Photo credit: thinkpublic
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Ageing
Click on an item to play that video:
- True Meaning of 'Ageing Gracefully'
Maria Karamburi was a big girl when the first white man set foot in Kenya's hinterland and a marriageable lady when the country became a British protectorate in ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = ageing of the population
- Pasir Ris East Active Ageing Committee - Project Love Language
A Community Collaboration between Pasir Ris East Active Ageing Committee, Hai Sing Catholic School & Glasgow School of Arts under Singapore Institute of ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ageing!
Quotes about Ageing
When two ageing good friends fight, it's because of an old grouch.
more quotes about ageing...
Scrabble value of A1G2E1I1N1G2
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGEING
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ageing!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ageing to see it in context!