On this page:
- Aggies a.k.a. Utah State University is a public research university in Logan, Utah. Founded in 1888 as Utah's agricultural college, USU focused on agriculture, domestic arts, and mechanic arts. The university now offers programs in liberal arts, engineering, business, economics, natural resource sciences, as well as nationally ranked elementary & secondary education programs. The university has eight colleges and offers a total of 176 bachelor's degrees, 97 master's degrees, and 38 doctoral degrees. It is a land-grant and space-grant institution accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Aggies a.k.a. Texas A&M University: Texas A&M University is a coeducational public research university located in College Station, Texas, United States. It is the flagship institution of the Texas A&M University System, the fourth-largest university in the United States and the largest university in Texas. Texas A&M's designation as a land, sea, and space grant institution reflects a range of research with ongoing projects funded by agencies such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the Office of Naval Research. The school ranks in the top 20 American research institutes in funding and has made contributions to such fields as animal cloning and petroleum engineering.
- Aggies a.k.a. New Mexico State University, is a major public, land-grant, research university in Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States. Founded in 1888, it is the oldest public institution of higher education in the state of New Mexico. NMSU is the second largest four-year university in the state, in terms of total enrollment across all campuses as of 2011, with campuses in Alamogordo, Carlsbad, Doña Ana County, and Grants, with extension and research centers across New Mexico.
- Aggies a.k.a. North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is a public, coeducational, historically black, research university located in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States. It is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, one of the Oldest public universities in the United States. Founded by act of the North Carolina General Assembly, on March 9, 1891, as The "Agricultural and Mechanical College for the Colored Race;" it is the second college established under the provisions of the Morrill Land-Grant Acts; and first for people of color in the state of North Carolina. Initially, the college offered instruction in Agriculture, English, Horticulture, and Mathematics. In 1967, The college was designated a Regional University by the North Carolina General Assembly and renamed "North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Aggies is a school mascot.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aggies
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Yankees to Fighting Irish (2004)
What's Behind Your Favorite Team's Name by Michael Leo Donovan
According to John Lewandowski of the Utah State Sports Information Department , the nickname AGGIES is a natural extension of the school's founding as the state's land grant institution. The Utah State Legislature changed the school's name ...
Texas A&M University (1996)
A Pictorial History, 1876-1996 by Henry C. Dethloff
The record of the Fighting Texas Aggies is a proud and extensive part of the record of American fighting men in.
Statistical Data Editing (2007)
Impact on Data Quality by United Nations. Statistical Commission, United Nations. Economic Commission for Europe
AGGIES is an Agriculture Generalized Imputation and Edit System, U.S. Department of ...
Spartan Sports Encyclopedia (2014)
A History of the Michigan State Men's Athletic Program, 2nd Edition by Jack Seibold
The Aggies hosted a rematch on ...
2nd Edition by Ray Dozier
The undefeated Texas Aggies (20) used theT formation full time. The Aggiescashed inon three Sooner fumbles and defeated OU, 1914,before 20, spectators thenext weekin Norman. Bob 21, Goode scored all three A&M TDs. Richardson ...
by Simon J Bronner
®Aggies ̄. bumble onto urbane liberal arts campuses, effete suburbanites stray into the wild hinterlands, and couples bicker, while those with excessive learning and elevated status are rendered as profoundly human as teachers prove ...
Aggies. . . . 1 Penn.
by James Britten
Aggies. Fruit of Crattegus Oxyacantha, L. — Dev. ( Barnstaple.) Agreen.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aggies
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aggies
Click on an item to view that photo:
Michigan State University @ Lansing 04032007
Photo credit: mwlguide
- Amelia's Excited About the Aggies
Photo credit: donnierayjones
- Aggies Live Here
Sign hanging from the door of the Vice-President for Student Affairs at Texas A&M University -- Dr. Dean Bresciani's house on-campus.
Photo credit: StuSeeger
- IMGP9847 Fightin' Texas Aggies Band
Photo credit: bk1bennett
Scrabble value of A1G2G2I1E1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aggies to see it in context!