On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun agha
What does agha mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aghas
- title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey)
Alternative definition of the noun agha
- An honorific for high officials used in Turkey and certain Muslim countries.
- Agha was an Indian film actor of Bollywood films of Persian descent. He was known for comic roles and modeled himself on Bob Hope's style of acting. He appeared in over 300 Hindi films in his career between 1935 and 1986. His son, Jalal Agha, also became an actor, most known for the song, Mehbooba Mehbooba in Sholay.
- Agha a.k.a. Omar Ali-Shah was a prominent exponent of modern Naqshbandi Sufism who lived from 1922 to 2005. He wrote a number of books on the subject, and was head of a large number of Sufi groups, particularly in Latin America, Europe and Canada.
- read more about Omar Ali-Shah (writer)
Agha is a fictional character from the 1960 film Ghunghat.
Phrases with Agha
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Agha
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Starve and Immolate (2014)
The Politics of Human Weapons by Banu Bargu
Agha is a term used for 377 2. Crisis of Sovereignty.
An Inquiry Into the Origin of Certain Letters, Words, Names, Fairy-Tales, Folklore, and Mythologies by Harold Bayley
Agha is the Sanscrit for Lord ; arka in Sanscrit means Sun, and also a hymn of praise. The Happy Land of PAN, the leader of the celestial dance and song, was ARCADIA or ARCADY, a name resolving into the " resplendent mighty A." A is the ...
Strange Times, My Dear (2013)
The PEN Anthology of Contemporary Iranian Literature by Nahid Mozaffari, Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak
— Translated by the author Footnotes 1 Agha is an honorific term for men, roughly equivalent.
by Oleg Grabar
Another instructive aspect of the decree concerning Mehmed Agha is the evidence it provides of the centralization of a wide-ranging bureaucracy.
A Library of the World's Best Literature - Ancient and Modern - Vol.XLIV (Forty-Five Volumes); Synopses of Famous Books (2008)
by Charles Dudley Warner
It is based upon historical research and personal knowledge of the land and people, and shows a poetic appreciation of the color and charm of the glowing Orient Hermann Agha is a Saxon by birth, who, captured by the Turks in war, is sold to ...
by Ian Richard Netton
The Agha Khan is the leader of the Nizari branch of the Ismaaili Shiaites. The split between the Nizaris and the Musta«lis can be traced to the dispute over the succession to the Fatimid caliph and Imam al-Mustansir (r. AD 1036¥94). Generally ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agha
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agha
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Copy of 015c Agha
Photo credit: sureshnarsimhan
- Agha Bozorg Mosque
A couple of worshippers on their way to pray at Kashan's impressive Agha Bozorg Mosque.
Photo credit: Ian @ ThePaperboy.com
- Yukhari Govhar Agha Mosque
The Yukhari Govhar Agha Mosque (1883) in Shushi, Republic of Nagorno Karabakh, is also known as the Verkhiya Mosque. The entire Muslim population of Shushi fled in 1992.
Photo credit: D-Stanley
- Agha Bozorg Mosque and Madraseh, Kashan
Photo credit: Fulvio's photos
- Intersections: Anila Quayyum Agha
Photo credit: Joi
- Agha Van Laar Wedding
Photo credit: nerdyblerg
- Lt.Gen. Agha Muhammad Umer Farooq
Photo credit: New America
- Anila Quayyum Agha's "Intersections"
Anila Quayyum Agha's "Intersections," in the RiceGallery Exhibition at the Peabody Essex Museum. Photo credit, Melissa Nunez. Attribution necessary if utilizing this photo.
Photo credit: melissanunez1
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Agha
Video shows what agha means. An honorific for high officials used in Turkey and certain Muslim countries.. Agha Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Agha!
Scrabble value of A1G2H4A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGHA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agha!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agha to see it in context!