On this page:
- Definition of the noun agitator
- Phrases with Agitator
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agitator
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agitator
- Photos about Agitator
- Video about Agitator
- Quotes about Agitator
- Scrabble value of A1G2I1T1A1T1O1R1
- Anagrams of AGITATOR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun agitator
What does agitator mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: agitators
- one who agitates; a political troublemaker
- examples: The students were animated by the agitator's appeal. | The agitator is inclined to exaggerate trivial matters.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of agitator: fomenter
- more generic terms: bad hat / mischief-maker / trouble maker / troublemaker / troubler = someone who deliberately stirs up trouble
Alternative definition of the noun agitator
- One who agitates; one who stirs up or excites others; as, political reformers and agitators.
- An implement for shaking or mixing.
- One of a body of men appointed by the army, in Cromwell's time, to look after their interests; called also adjutators.
"Agitator" is a 2001 Japanese film directed by Takashi Miike.
- also known as The Outlaw Souls
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- producers: Yoshihiro Masuda & Fujio Matsushima
- production design by Tatsuo Ozeki
- written by Shigenori Takechi
- based on a story by Shigenori Takechi
- Takashi Miike as Shinozaki
- Taisaku Akino as Tsuchiya
- Mickey Curtis as Yokomizo
- Yoshiyuki Daichi as Sakuraba
- Kenichi Endō as Muroi
- Hakuryu as Numata
- Masatō Ibu as Mizushima
- Renji Ishibashi
- Akiko Kana
- Masaya Kato as Kunihiko
- Aya Kawamura as Kunihiko's Girlfriend
- Shigeo Kobayashi
- Hiroki Matsukata as Kaito
- Ryosuke Miki as Torii
- Kazuya Nakayama
- cinematography by Kiyoshi Itô
- edited by Yasushi Shimamura
- music by Kôji Endô
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama
- released on (13 years ago)
- Agitator is a fictional character from the 1979 film The Story of a Mother.
- Agitator is a fictional character from the 1960 film the Sun's Burial.
- "Agitator" is a composition.
- "Agitator" is a musical album of 特撮.
- released on (13 years ago)
- "AGITATOR" is a musical single of Pierrot.
- released on (15 years ago)
- Agitator: An agitator is a person who actively supports some ideology or movement with speeches and especially actions. The Agitators were a political movement as well as elected representatives of soldiers, including the New Model Army of Oliver Cromwell, during the English Civil War. They were also known as adjutators. Many of the ideas of the movement were later adopted by the Levellers.
- Agitator: An agitator is a device or mechanism to put something into motion by shaking or stirring. There are three main types of agitation machines: the washing machine agitator, which rotates back and forth; the magnetic agitator, which contains a magnetic bar which rotates about a magnetic field; manual agitation, such as with a stirring rod.
Phrases with Agitator
Phrases ending with the word Agitator:
- Culex Agitator
- Apithus Agitator
- Hapithus agitator
- Hydrellia agitator
- Species Culex Agitator
- Species Apithus Agitator
- species Hapithus agitator
- Species Hydrellia Agitator
Other phrases containing the word Agitator:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agitator
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Coatings Technology (2006)
Fundamentals, Testing, and Processing Techniques by Arthur A. Tracton
An agitator is a low-powered, high-volume pump. It is an efficient mixer. A typical ... Although the agitator is the more efficient pump, it does not create sufficient shear to disperse most solids into the liquids. FIGURE 46.2 Agitators. Moderate ...
An agitator is a person who disturbs the tranquillity of the community by inflammatory and exciting harangues—one who is for ever endeavouring to persuade others to be as discontented and seditious as himself--who goes about seeking for ...
by Arthur A. Tracton
An agitator is a low-powered, high-volume pump. It is an efficient mixer. A typical ... Although the agitator is the more efficient pump, it does not create sufficient shear to disperse most solids into the liquids. FIGURE 45.2 Agitators. Moderate ...
Abolition, Immigrant Citizenship, and the Transatlantic Movement for Irish Repeal by Angela F. Murphy
Agitator is a title which will last longer, which suggests a broader and more permanent influence ...
The Tradesman (1813)
In making the oxymuriate of lime, an intermediate body is uunecessary, the only agitator is a wooden rake, the shaft of which moves in a tube on the sides of the receiver. Four pounds of salt, fmr pounds of manganese, and four pounds of ...
by M. Enamul Hossain, Abdulaziz Abdullah Al-Majed
Drilling mud agitator is an equipment for oilfield drilling mud tanks and is usually driven by electric power. It is used to agitate drilling mud in the mud tanks and is widely used in oilfield mud purification system. Drill stem subs are used to ...
Society and Personality (1974)
An Interactionist Approach to Social Psychology by Tamotsu Shibutani
In a lynching mob, for example, the suecessful agitator is the man who most accurately reflects the aroused PERSONAL ...
Chemical Reactor Design (2002)
by Peter Harriott
The upper agitator is a pitched-blade turbine or an axial-flow mixer, to promote vertical circulation and entrain hydrogen from the gas space. Some reactors are operated dead-end, with hydrogen added only to maintain pressure. However ...
Volume 52 - Solid-Liquid Separation: Clarifiers and Thickeners Selection to Specific Gravity and Specific Heats by John J. McKetta Jr
A second or even third agitator may be required on the same vertical, centrally mounted shaft in the tank if the height-tank diameter ratio exceeds about 1.2. Agitator types typically used for solids suspension include a marine propeller, ...
Encyclopedia of Ukraine (2016)
Volume I: A-F plus Map and Gazetteer by Volodymyr Kubijovyc
Markus Agitator (Agitator). Mass propaganda magazine, organ of the Central Committee of the Communist Party (Bolshevik) of Ukraine, ...
by Muhammad Rashid Usman
Unlike a common evaporator that consists of a number of small diameter tubes, agitated film evaporator contains a single large diameter tube which includes an agitator with its blades almost touching the inside wall of the evaporator (shell).
by Dennis R. Heldman
Table 2 summarizes the characteristics of agitators to be used in vessels.'7' Anchor type agitator is more economical to manufacture than the ...
by Carl Schaschke
agitator 8 as the power supplied per unit volume of liquid. The SI units are W m–3 . The magnitude of the agitation intensity is dependent on the nature of the liquid being stirred. Biological so- lutions containing flocculating materials are ...
by Alireza Bahadori, Scott T. Smith
Agitator. Mechanical apparatus for mixing or aerating. A device for creating turbulence.
Air-Bound Obstructed, as to the free flow of water, because 14 Letter A Agitator Agricultural Residue Agroforestry Agronomy AHERA AIM Air Air Barrier ...
Containing a Clear Exposition of Their Principles and Practice by Andrew Ure
The agitator is then placed within reach of the pipette, intended to measure out the normal solution of sea salt, and a pipette full of this solution is put in each vial. Each is then closed with its glass stopper, previously dipped in pure water.
by Gary L. Anderson, Kathryn G. Herr
Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, born August 7, 1890, was an agitator and organizer for the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) and a Communist Party official. In an era when street life and mass strikes were important in people's lives, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agitator
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agitator
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Brett L.
Photo credit: Petteri Sulonen
Photo credit: CDEGlobal
R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant, Toronto
Photo credit: ruffin_ready
- Parts from Agitator
Photo credit: JSKrush
- Missing parts from Agitator
Photo credit: JSKrush
- Film Agitator
Photo credit: mrbill
- Agitator Church
Saint Mary's Cathedral and Washing Machine.
Photo credit: SkilliShots
- Aerosol agitator balls
Photograph by @nalsa
Photo credit: stuart.childs
View more pictures about The Agitator.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Agitator
Video shows what agitator means. One who agitates; one who stirs up or excites others; as, political reformers and agitators.. An implement for shaking or mixing ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Agitator!
Quotes about Agitator
Scrabble value of A1G2I1T1A1T1O1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGITATOR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agitator!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agitator to see it in context!