On this page:
- Phrases with Agnes
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agnes
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agnes
- Photos about Agnes
- Videos about Agnes
- Quotes about Agnes
- Scrabble value of A1G2N1E1S1
- Anagrams of AGNES
- Share this page
- Agnes a.k.a. Pope Joan was a mythical female pope who allegedly reigned for a few years some time during the Middle Ages. The story first appeared in 13th-century chronicles, and was subsequently spread and embellished throughout Europe. It was widely believed for centuries, though most modern historians consider it fictitious, perhaps deriving from historicized folklore regarding Roman monuments or from anti-papal satire.
- read more about Pope Joan
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Poker House.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2013 film Despicable Me 2.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the film Burial Rites.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Hunt.
- Agnes a.k.a. Agnès is a fictional character from the 2011 drama film The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2011 film Ironclad.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2012 film Seven Days of Sin.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1973 film Anita: Swedish Nymphet.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1998 film Show Me Love.
- Agnes is a fictional character in the 1985 film Flesh and Blood.
- Agnes a.k.a. Agnès is a fictional character from Le marais sauvage.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the book Winter in the Blood.
- Agnes a.k.a. Angel is a fictional character from the 2012 film Allez, Eddy!.
- read more about Angel
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1936 film My American Wife.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2000 film 102 Dalmatians.
- Agnes is a fictional character from A Business Buccaneer.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2007 film Afternoon.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the film Bridge of Names.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2010 film Among Us.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2010 film Sa'yo lamang.
- Agnes is a fictional character from The Woman Inside.
- Agnes is a fictional character from Miles Away.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1995 film Sana Maulit Muli.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1991 film Una Kang Naging Akin.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1993 thriller film Le violeur impuni.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1994 film Dreamplay.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1966 film How I Learned to Love Women.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2010 film Mumbai Diaries.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1973 film The Nun and the Devil.
- Agnes a.k.a. Agnès is a fictional character in the 1999 film Innocent.
- Agnes is a fictional film character.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 2001 film Sugatang Puso.
- Agnes is a fictional character from the 1994 film Lipa Massacre.
There are other characters with in their name, like Agnes's, Agnes Lee, Agnes Doig, Mary Agnes, Agnes Brown, Agnes Gooch, Agnes Lynch, Agnes Smith, Agnes White, Agnes Browne, Agnes Fleming, Agnes Soesilo, Agnes Reuwer Tatum, Agnes von Kurowsky, Agnes von Krusenstjerna.
- "Agnes" is a play by Gladys Rankin.
- "Agnes" is a story written by Minna Canth.
- released in (104 years ago)
- "Agnes" is a 1995 drama / historical fiction / romance film written by Jon Asgeir Hreinsson and Snorri Þórisson, and directed by Egill Eðvarðsson.
- countries: Germany, Iceland, Denmark, France, Norway
- language: Icelandic Language
- producers: Peter Aalbæk Jensen & Snorri Thorisson
- production design by Thor Vigfusson
- written by Jon Asgeir Hreinsson & Snorri Thorisson
- Baltasar Kormákur as Natan
- Egill Olafsson as Sýslumaður
- María Ellingsen as Agnes
- Hilmir Snær Guðnason as Guðmundur
- Hanna María Karlsdóttir as Sýslumannsfrú
- Árni Pétur Gudjónsson as Séra Þorvarður
- Magnús Ólafsson as Eyfi
- Bergljót Arnalds as Sigríður
- Gottskálk D Sigurðarson as Fridrik
- Þröstur Guðbjartsson as Sigfús
- Hulda Rún Jónsdóttir as Elín
- Gudný Gudlaugsdóttir as Sólvegi
- Stígur Stefánsson as Símon
- Helgi Skulason as Jóhann
- Árni Tryggvason as Mogensen
- cinematography by Snorri Thorisson
- edited by Steingrímur Karlsson
- music by Gunnar Thórdarson
- costume design by Helga I. Stefánsdóttir
- set decoration by Jon Steinar Ragnarsson
- genres: Romance Film, Historical fiction, Drama
- released on (20 years ago)
- "Agnes" is a 2014 short film written and directed by Anja Lind.
- country: Sweden
- language: Swedish Language
- producers: Anja Lind & Simon af Wetterstedt
- written by Anja Lind
- based on a story by Anja Lind
- cinematography by Isabel Herlöfsson
- edited by Anja Lind
- music by Anders Isacson
- set decoration by Ida Thomasdotter
- genres: Drama, Family
- released on
Agnes is a solitaire card game which is a variant of the very popular game Klondike. It is similar to the latter except on how the stock is dealt.
"Agnes" is the debut album composed of the songs performed by the Idol 2005 winner Agnes Carlsson. The album debuted at #1 in Sweden and stayed there for 2 weeks. The lead single, "Right Here, Right Now", written and produced by Jörgen Elofsson, topped the Swedish Top 60 Singles chart for six weeks. The second single released off the album, "Stranded", was less successful, peaking at #27 in the Swedish singles chart.
- genre: Pop music
- released on (10 years ago)
- Agnes a.k.a. Agnes Carlsson: Agnes Emilia Carlsson, also known mononymously as Agnes, is a Swedish recording artist. She rose to fame as the winner of Idol 2005, the second season of the Swedish Idol series. She was then signed to Sony Music, through which she released her self-titled debut album Agnes and follow-up Stronger, both of which topped the Swedish Top 60 Albums Chart. In early 2008, it was announced that Agnes had parted ways with her record label, and was now signed to small independent label Roxy Recordings. Released on 28 October 2008, her third album, Dance Love Pop, reached number five in Sweden, 70 in Austria, 38 in France, 45 in Switzerland and 13 in the United Kingdom. With 200,000 albums sold worldwide this is her most successful album, 50,000 albums were sold in France, 40,000 in Sweden. Its first two singles, "On and On" and "Release Me" became international hits, reaching the top-ten in charts worldwide. "Release Me" topped the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs and peaked at three in the United Kingdom, selling over 900,000 copies worldwide.
- read more about Agnes Carlsson
- Agnes: Agnieszka "Agnes" Pihlava is a singer who placed fourth in Idols Finland 2, the Finnish version of Pop Idol.
- Agnes a.k.a. Mihrişah Valide Sultan: Mihrişah Sultan was a Georgian consort to Ottoman Sultan Mustafa III. She was the mother of Sultan Selim III of the Ottoman Empire and his de facto co-regent as the Valide Sultan for sixteen years from 1789 until 1805.
- Agnes a.k.a. Agnieszka Koson is an actress.
- read more about Agnieszka Koson (actress)
- Agnes appeared in the 2005 documentary film Hope in Heaven.
- nationality: Philippines
- Agnes is a costume designer.
- profession: Costume designer
- Agnes is a musical artist.
- also known as Agnieszka Bisikirska
Agnes is a musical group.
- album: "Hole in My Head"
- Agnes is a small town in Victoria, Australia. It is located at the junction of the South Gippsland Highway and Barry Road, close to Corner Inlet. Although it used to be thriving, and even had a state school, it now has really nothing more there than a couple of houses and a waterfall.
- AGNES is an Aviation waypoint.
- AGNES is an Aviation waypoint.
There are other places with in their name, like Agnes's, St Agnes, Agnes Water, Burton Agnes, Burton Agnes Hall, St. Agnes Cemetery, St. Agnes Hospital, Agnes City Township, Agnes Scott College, Burton Agnes Manor House, Agnes Etherington Art Centre, St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School, St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School.
- Agnes is a female given name, which derives from the Greek name Ἁγνὴ hagnē, meaning "pure" or "holy". The Latinized form of the Greek name is Hagnes, the feminine form of Αγνός Hagnos, meaning "chaste" or "sacred". The name passed to Italian as Agnese, to Portuguese as Inês, and to Spanish, as Inés.
- Agnes is an American syndicated comic strip written and drawn by Tony Cochran. It was first syndicated in 1999.
- Agnes was a Birmingham, Alabama photography gallery from 1993 to 2001. Shawn Boley, Jon Coffelt and Jan Hughes opened the gallery with the mission of attempting to raise awareness of social issues — such as cancer, AIDS, death and dying, the environment, homelessness, ethics, racism, classism, imprisonment — through photojournalism, film, video, poetry, and book arts. Controversial, Agnes was picketed on several occasions, one of which resulted in a USA Today article on December 5, 1994.
- AGNES is an aviation waypoint.
- The Agnes was a wooden brigantine built in 1849 at Point Brenley, Nova Scotia. She was first registered in Pictou, Nova Scotia. Later acquired by owners in Sydney, she was wrecked on the north side of the Wollongong breakwater in New South Wales on 10 March 1877, when the wind changed whilst carrying ballast between Sydney and Wollongong.
- Agnes is a ship.
- The Agnes was a wooden carvel schooner built in 1875 at Brisbane Water. On 12 March 1890, whilst carrying ballast between Sydney and Tweed River, she lost her sails in a gale 6 miles north of Brunswick River heads. There were eight deaths.
- Agnes was a launch built in 1904 at North Sydney, that was wrecked on 27 January 1906 in a collision in Sydney Harbour, whilst carrying passengers between Snails Bay and Middle Harbour.
- The Agnes was a wooden carvel cutter built in 1853 in Sydney Harbour. It was lost at Newcastle Bight, New South Wales, on 13 July 1860, when it was blown ashore in a gale whilst travelling between Newcastle and Sydney. The ship master was Henry Hardy.
- The Agnes was a wooden carvel ketch built in 1877 at Williams River, Eagleton, near Newcastle, New South Wales. It was wrecked when it foundered off Jervis Bay, New South Wales, in 1883.
Phrases with Agnes
Phrases starting with the word Agnes:
Phrases ending with the word Agnes:
- Cassia Agnes
- Colias Agnes
- Salvia Agnes
- Calisto Agnes
- Epamera Agnes
- Scopula Agnes
- Dynamine Agnes
- Eulithis Agnes
- Euphaedra Agnes
- Ptychoptera Agnes
- Chamaesphecia Agnes
- Limnodriloides agnes
- Species Cassia Agnes
- Species Colias Agnes
- Cassia Javanica Agnes
- Euphaedra Medon Agnes
Other phrases containing the word Agnes:
View more phrases with the word Agnes in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agnes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Word and Object (1964)
by Willard Van Orman Quine
'Agnes is a lamb' then ceases to be seen as 'Fa, and comes to be seen as ...
by George Ritzer
Therefore, Agnes is an important source of information about how it is that women reproduce themselves as gendered beings in everyday life. In the paper ` `Documentary Methods of Interpretation,'' Garfinkel argues that persons in everyday ...
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Anthology by Stephen L. Isaacs, David C. Colby
Agnes is a parochial school, lasting change will depend on both the principal and the church finance committee continuing to approve the added costs. And, says Bowles, the cook will need to stay committed. “We'll be okay for at least ...
by Joyce E. Salisbury
Agnes Virgin Martyr (d. ca. A.D. 304) The Emperor Diocletian in about A.D. 304 instituted a persecution of Christians that was intended once and for all to resolve the question of whether Christians could be loyal Romans. Diocletian required ...
by Thomas W. Sheehan
Agnes "The Pure One" (Greek) or "The Lamb" (Latin). Patron Saints: There are about a dozen Sts. Agnes. The one most remembered by modern Catholics is a teenager (believed to be thirteen years old) and virgin who was martyred in 305.
by Jennifer Lawler
Agnes of France arates Italy from the Balkan Peninsula. The name comes from the nearby town of Adria. The Adriatic runs about 480 miles long and is about ¡00 miles wide. The southern portion that connects to the Mediterranean is called the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agnes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agnes
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Agnes Obel.
Videos about Agnes
Click on an item to play that video:
- Agnes meaning and pronunciation
A very kind and intelligent person, often creative and tireless in reaching set goals. Agnes is also very outgoing and sociable, someone you definitely want to be ...
- Explanation of Allan and Agnes Dick song, Tseshaht
- Saint Agnes' Eve Meaning
Video shows what Saint Agnes' Eve means. The night of January 20, on which traditionally, if she performs certain rituals, a woman is supposed to have dreams ...
- Agnes Trzak: Phallologocentrism in Animal Activism: Language as Oppression at IARC 2014
- Baloch cultural language conference uk speech by Agnes korn
First Baloch Cultural and language conference held in UK at Crowne Plaza hotel On 3rd April 2011.The conference was chaired by Akbar Barikzai and speakers ...
- Education Book Review: Webster's New World Children's Dictionary by Michael E. Agnes
- ESL News Live - Agnes, Anda & Fame
- Esl news live - Agnes, Anda & Fame
- Esl news live - Agnes, Anda & Fame
See also the pronunciation examples of Agnes!
Quotes about Agnes
Scrabble value of A1G2N1E1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGNES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Agnes!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agnes to see it in context!