Agnes De Mille
is an acrostic for adm.
On this page:
Who is Agnes De Mille?
Agnes de Mille: Agnes George de Mille was an American dancer and choreographer.
- also known as Agnes George de Mille, Agnes Mille, Agnes Demille
- born on (110 years ago) in New York City, child of William C. deMille and Anna Angela George
- nationality: United States of America
- education: University of California, Los Angeles
- profession: Ballet dancer, choreographer
- Marriage with Walter Foy Prude between and (44 years)
- parent of Jonathan Prude
- died on (22 years ago) in Greenwich Village of stroke
- written works: "America dances", "Russian journals", "Where the wings grow", "Speak to me, dance with me", "The book of the dance", "And promenade home", "Lizzie Borden: a dance of death", "The dance in America", "To a young dancer", "Dance to the Piper"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Choreography - "Brigadoon"
- Tony Award for Best Choreography - "Brigadoon"
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Choreography - "Goldilocks"
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Choreography - "Kwamina"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Program - Performing Arts - "Conversations About the Dance", with Loring d'Usseau
- Kennedy Center Honors
- Drama Desk Special Award (For her enduring legacy of cherished choreography)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agnes De Mille
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joseph T Shipley,
Rodeo (Agnes de Mille ). The modern ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agnes De Mille
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Agnes De Mille
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agnes De Mille to see it in context!