Agnes Newton Keith (novelist)
On this page:
Who is Agnes Newton Keith?
Agnes Newton Keith was an American author best known for her three autobiographical accounts of life in North Borneo before, during, and after the Second World War. The second of these, Three Came Home, tells of her time in Japanese POW and civilian internee camps in North Borneo and Sarawak, and was made into a film of the same name in 1950. She published seven books in all.
- born on (114 years ago) in Oak Park
- nationality: United States of America
- education: University of California, Berkeley
- profession: Writer, novelist
- with Harry Keith since
- died on (32 years ago) in Oak Bay
- written works: "Three Came Home", "Before the blossoms fall", "Children of Allah", "Land below the wind", "White man returns", "Beloved Exiles", "Bare feet in the palace"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agnes Newton Keith (novelist)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: