On this page:
Who is Agnes Repplier?
Agnes Repplier was an American essayist.
- born on (160 years ago) in Philadelphia
- nationality: United States of America
- died on (65 years ago) in Philadelphia
- written works: "Counter-currents.", "In the dozy hours, and other papers", "Points of friction", "Americans and others", "The promise of the bell", "Francis A. Lewis, a citizen", "To think of tea!", "Books and men", "Philadelphia, the place and the people", "In our convent days", "Mère Marie of the Ursulines, a study in adventure", "Under dispute", "Junípero Serra, pioneer colonist of California", "A happy half-century, and other essays", "The cat", "Times and tendencies", "The fireside sphinx", "In pursuit of laughter ..", "Essays in miniature", "J. William White, M.D", "Mère Marie of the Ursulines", "Guides", "Père Marquette"
- award: - American Academy of Arts and Letters Gold Medal for Belles Lettres and Criticism
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agnes Repplier
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frederik Ohles, Shirley M. Ohles, John G. Ramsay
Agnes Repplier, Agnes Irwin: A Biography (Doubleday, Doran, 1934). IVEY, John Eli, Jr, b. January 21, 1919, Raleigh, ...
The Nineteenth Century by Eric L. Haralson
Monroe's judgment characterizes the modernist re- sponse to Guiney's work: as essayist Agnes Repplier, writing only five years later, shrewdly observed: "no one shows less tolerance for the poet of yesterday than does the poet of to-day.
The Savvy Dictionary (2013)
A Vein of Witty Definitions
” —Agnes Repplier clergyman: “Ambassadors of Christ.
Agnes Repplier Love is like the measles.
A Dictionary of Similes (1917)
by Frank Jenners Wilstach
Agnes Repplier. As lasting...
by Lilless McPherson Shilling, Linda K. Fuller
Agnes Repplier, 106 Dictionary of Quotations in Communications.
by Henry Warner Bowden
Agnes Repplier, Pere Marquette (Garden City, NY, ...
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
Agnes Repplier, The Fireside Sphiiuv (New York, 1901; historical and literary). CAT (in old ships the cat-fall led through the cat-head, a projecting beam on the bow, frequently ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agnes Repplier
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Agnes Repplier
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Agnes Repplier for some fun with words!