On this page:
- "Agni Pariksha" is 1954 Indian Bengali romantic drama film directed by Agradoot starring Uttam Kumar and Suchitra Sen.
- also known as Agni Pareeksha
- country: India
- language: Bengali Language
- art direction by Satyen Roychoudhury
- written by Nitai Bhattacharya
- based on a story by Ashapoorna Devi
- cinematography by Bijoy Ghosh & Bibhuti Laha
- edited by Santosh Ganguli
- genres: Romance Film, Bengali Cinema, World cinema, Drama
- released on (60 years ago)
- "Agni Pariksha" is a 2006 Bengali film directed by Rabi Kinagi.
Agni Pariksha: To demonstrate her purity after captivity, Sita, wife of Rama, under goes a test of fire by throwing herself onto the flames. She is rescued from perishing in the fire by the God of Fire and emerges unscathed. Rama is reassured of her fidelity and devotion.
Printed books with definitions for Agni Pariksha
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Women of India (2009)
Their Status Since the Vedic Times by Arun R. Kumbhare
Agni pariksha is a test in which the woman sits on a funeral pyre and the pyre is lighted.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agni Pariksha
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Agni Pariksha
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Agni Pariksha"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Agni Pariksha for some fun with words!