Ago appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Did a silo gas no easy obese boys aeons ago?… Lisa did!
- To dog a Semite film, lift a pat film lifetimes ago, Dot.
- Nurse, nip one drawer if a fire is aeons ago (to go to gas): no easier if a fire-warden opines "Run!"
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective ago
- Definition of the adverb ago
- Other definitions of ago
- Phrases with Ago
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ago
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ago
- Photos about Ago
- Videos about Ago
- Quotes about Ago
- Scrabble value of A1G2O1
- Anagrams of AGO
- Share this page
The word ago is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective ago
What does ago mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more ago / most ago
- gone by; or in the past
Alternative definition of the adjective ago
- [archaic or dialectal] Gone; gone by; gone away; passed; passed away.
- [archaic or dialectal] Nearly gone; dead (used in Devonshire at the turn of the 19th century)
Definition of the adverb ago
What does ago mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- in the past
- examples: long ago | sixty years ago my grandfather came to the U.S.
Other definitions of ago
What does ago also mean?
- Past; gone by; since.
- Ago a.k.a. Angola, officially the Republic of Angola, is a country in Southern Africa. It is the seventh largest country in Africa, and is bordered by Namibia on the south, the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the north, and Zambia on the east; its west coast is on the Atlantic Ocean and Luanda is its capital city. The exclave province of Cabinda has borders with the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- also known as República de Angola, Angola Cumhuriyeti, רפובליקת אנגולה, Anggola, Republic of Angola
- founded on (40 years ago)
- part of Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- Angolan capital / Luanda = port city on Atlantic coast
- Nova Lisboa / Huambo = a city in the mountains in western Angola
- Lobito = a seaport on the Atlantic coast of Angola
- Kasai River / River Kasai / Kasai = a river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo
- Zambezi River / Zambezi = an African river
- member of: OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- read more about Angola (country)
- Ago was a town located in the former Shima District, Mie Prefecture, Japan.
- also known as Ago, Mie
- part of Shima District
- Ago a.k.a. Magnolia Municipal Airport is a city-owned, public-use airport located three nautical miles southeast of the central business district of Magnolia, in Columbia County, Arkansas, United States.
There are other places with in their name, like Ago Iwoye.
Who is Ago?
Ago a.k.a. Agostino Marangolo is a musician, drummer and film score composer.
- read more about Agostino Marangolo
- Ago is a TV character from the 1978 TV program Majokko Tickle.
- also known as Ako
- Ago is a fictional character from the 1986 film Il ragazzo del pony express.
- Ago a.k.a. Igo Language: The Ahlon language, Igo, is spoken in the Plateau Region of Togo. It is considered one of the Ghana–Togo Mountain languages of the Kwa family. Variations of its official name are Achlo, Ahlõ, Ahlo, Ahlon-Bogo, Ahonlan, Anlo.
- read more about Igo Language
- Ago a.k.a. Tainae Language: Tainae is an Angan language of Papua New Guinea.
- also known as Ivori
- Ago a.k.a. F-box and WD repeat domain containing 7 is a gene.
- also known as archipelago homolog; F-box protein FBW7; archipelago, Drosophila, homolog of; F-box and WD-40 domain protein 7 (archipelago homolog, Drosophila); F-box protein SEL-10; homolog of C elegans sel-10
Phrases with Ago
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ago
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A-E by S. George Philander
billion years ago The Earth, newly formed, had the hottest climate in the planet's long history. Temperatures were hot enough to liquefy rock. Radioactive elements in Earth's core generated heat and pressure as they decayed, pushing ...
by Katherine Dunster
years ago Gymnosperms, and especially cycads, are dominant. Birds evolve. Triassic Period 245-208 million Dry land, many deserts. Continents are mountainous and years ago joined into one supercontinent ...
by Shona Grimbly
For example, it is clear that some sort of watercraft, if only a form of log raft, was necessary for people to cross the water barrier that separated Australia from the Asian continent 40,000 or more years ago. By 8,000 years ago dugout canoes ...
Encyclopedia of Diasporas (2005)
Immigrant and Refugee Cultures Around the World. Volume I: Overviews and Topics; Volume II: Diaspora Communities by Melvin Ember, Carol R. Ember, Ian Skoggard
About 50,000 years ago, when polar ice caps still tied up much of the earth's moisture, sea levels were perhaps 300 feet lower than they are today. Foraging bands were able to move from Sunda, the former southeast Asian subcontinent, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ago
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ago
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Silverman68
Photo credit: TomashDevenishek
The glass-and-wood facade of the Frank Gehry addition to the AGO.
Photo credit: Loozrboy
Photo credit: jofo2005
Photo credit: Danielle Scott
Photo credit: evaingesl
Photo credit: Silverman68
Photo credit: basic_sounds
Photo credit: dave416
Photo credit: jofo2005
Photo credit: Kevin Cabral
- AGO Sculpture
Photo credit: lakerlkr8
- AGO Construction
Photo credit: Dan Zen
- Amy AGO
Photo credit: Dan Zen
- AGO Architecture
Photo credit: lakerlkr8
- AGO Toronto
Photo credit: leander.canaris
- AGO Gallery
Photo credit: kitchenerd
- AGO : Picasso's Man with Goat
from the AGO Picasso show
Photo credit: False Positives
- AGO C
Catalog #: 00074547
View more pictures about long time ago.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ago
Click on an item to play that video:
- Nuke from LOOOOONG ago explanation why no funny moments in the intro
Title says it all.
- VN-CONFERENCE EXPLANATION 20 YRS AGO
- Ago Meaning
Video shows what ago means. Gone; gone by; gone away; passed; passed away.. Nearly gone; dead (used in Devonshire at the turn of the 19th century). ago ...
- 112 19 hace meaning ago 0
- Terminology of milingy! In crown about a year ago
- Let's All Go to the AGO! ESL Trip to the Art Gallery of Ontario
In March 2012, adult ESL classes from Victoria Street LINC went to the Art Gallery of Ontario. Students learned about Canadian art and artists such as Emily Carr ...
- Ago - How to Use it - ESL British English Pronunciation
- 'AGO' Korea: New premium EFL / ESL Card Game for Kids and Adults
"AGO", pronounced 'Ay-GO' is a new English learning game similar to UNO or 'One Card'. It has three levels: Aqua, Green, Orange; hence the name, AGO.
- Correct use of Ago and Before (Confusing words in English Language)
- 1560 kHz UNID in language English 09 Ago 2015 23:44 UTC
- For Since and Ago - English language tutorial
Many students of English get confused when using the words For, Since & Ago. Choosing the correct word depends on the focus you want to give to your ...
- Use of Before, Ago - Learn English Language
- Words of Life AGO People/Language Movie Trailer
- How to play AGO, the new EFL / ESL Card Game
Slide show on how to play AGO, the new premium card game for students of English. A-Aqua, G-Green,O-Orange. AGO. Three levels of difficulty. To get your ...
- Introduction to AGO, the new premium EFL / ESL game for English learners.
AGO, pronounced 'Ay-Go' is a great card game for students of English. A fast-paced question and answer game with action cards, and exciting game play.
- 12 Use of Before, Ago Learn English Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Ago!
Quotes about Ago
Men who were dead a year ago,
A decade ago and a century ago
Will zoom as shadows of men who stand
A feet away, a yard away and
A furlong away before a lamp
In that order, fading with the time.
Shadow is not the size of the object
23.08.2009 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about ago...
Scrabble value of A1G2O1
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ago!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ago to see it in context!