On this page:
- Definition of the noun agricola
- Phrases with Agricola
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agricola
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agricola
- Photos about Agricola
- Scrabble value of A1G2R1I1C3O1L1A1
- Anagrams of AGRICOLA
- Share this page
Definition of the noun agricola
What does agricola mean as a name of something?
- Roman general who was governor of Britain and extended Roman rule north to the Firth of Forth (37-93)
Agricola is a German-style board game created by Uwe Rosenberg, and published by Lookout Games in Europe and Z-Man Games in the US. The goal of the game is to build the most well-balanced farm at the end of 14 rounds, consisting of plowed fields for crops and fenced pastures for livestock. The farm should have little fallow land and a large farmhouse built of high quality material. The player should also expand the family tending the farm from its initial two members to a maximum of five.
- genre: Strategy game
- publishers: 999 Games, Z-Man Games, Lookout Games
- released in (8 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Meeples' Choice Award, received by Uwe Rosenberg
- Origins Award for Board Game or Expansion of the Year nomination for Uwe Rosenberg
- "Agricola" is a book by the Roman historian Tacitus, written c. 98, which recounts the life of his father-in-law Gnaeus Julius Agricola, an eminent Roman general. It also covers, briefly, the geography and ethnography of ancient Britain. As in the Germania, Tacitus favorably contrasts the liberty of the native Britons to the corruption and tyranny of the Empire; the book also contains eloquent and vicious polemics against the rapacity and greed of Rome.
- also known as De vita Agricolae, Vie d'Agricola, De vita Iulii Agricolae, Vita Agricolae, Das Leben des Iulius Agricola
- "Agricola" is a book by Marcus Blakey Allmond.
- also known as "Agricola, an idyl"
- Agricola, full name possibly Julius Agricola was a West Roman statesman who served twice as praetorian prefect and became consul for 421.
- born in (1650 years ago)
- parent of Avitus
- died in (1594 years ago)
- Agricola a.k.a. Agricola, son of Avitus: Agricola was a son of the Western Roman Emperor Avitus.
- read more about Agricola, son of Avitus
There are other people with in their name, like Ilka Agricola, Julia Agricola, Martin Agricola, Mikael Agricola, Filippo Agricola, Vanessa Agricola, Georgius Agricola, Johannes Agricola, Alexander Agricola, Rodolphus Agricola and many others.
Agricola was a Greek maker of 4x4 multi-purpose trucks and other farm machinery based in Thessaloniki. The Agricola 25 GT 4x4 truck was a fairly advanced design introduced in 1975, with enhanced all-terrain capabilities, a metal cab and Mercedes-Benz 180D Diesel engine. It was a typical Greek multi-purpose truck with a payload of 1,650 kg and a maximum speed 80 km/h. The cab was designed by Georgios Michael, designer of other Greek vehicles including the Neorion Chicago and the MAVA-Renault Farma. The vehicle was produced until 1984.
- Agricola is an unincorporated community in George County, Mississippi.
- Agricola a.k.a. Agricola, Florida: Agricola was a town in Polk County, Florida. The town was situated 15 kilometres south-west of Bartow.
- read more about Agricola, Florida
- Agricola a.k.a. Agricola, Kansas: Agricola is an unincorporated community in Coffey County, Kansas, in the United States.
- read more about Agricola, Kansas
There are other places with in their name, like Valle Agricola.
AGRICOLA is a database created and maintained by the United States Department of Agriculture. The database serves as the catalog and index for the collections of the United States National Agricultural Library, but it also provides public access to information on agriculture and allied fields.
- also known as AGRICultural OnLine Access
Phrases with Agricola
- Baris Agricola
- Delia Agricola
- Euxoa Agricola
- Genus Agricola
- Oppia Agricola
- Merlen Agricola
- Phasia Agricola
- Phryxe Agricola
- Silene Agricola
- Anarsia Agricola
- Carabus Agricola
- Cotesia Agricola
- Eledona Agricola
- Pardosa agricola
- Tabanus Agricola
- Agarista Agricola
- Agenopus Agricola
- Atylotus Agricola
- Berberis Agricola
- Curculio Agricola
View more phrases with the word Agricola in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agricola
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Farmers' Bulletins (1984)
AGRICOLA is an online information service produced by the National Agricultural Library (NAL) of USDA, and is available commercially...
The Agricola is a biography of Tacitus' father-in-law. To a large extent it follows the familiar Greek tradition of the encomium, the eulogistic, semi-biographical study, with an ethical bias. But it concerns us because Agricola was a governor of ...
by Winter, Clark
The Germania is an ethnographic treatise; the Agricola is a biography, but also contains an ethnographic digression (10–12) and two balanced speeches (30– 34) in the manner of a historical monograph. 82 ἅμα καὶ τὸ χρήσιμον καὶ τὸ ...
What Are the Gospels? (1995)
A Comparison with Graeco-Roman Biography by Richard A. Burridge
the only certain occasion where Tacitus gives all three of a person's names in the official manner: 'this formal, and perhaps unique, introduction signals that Agricola is the subject of the work';.26 The Cato Minor, with no prologue, begins with ...
by Robert Dodsley
Agricola is a strong Instance of this. No Man had done greater Things, nor with more honest Amtfl-, tion. Yet, dofie OF NATURAL SOCIETY. 45 and all they treated with various Circumstances of ...
Preventing Childhood Obesity (2005)
Health in the Balance by Jeffrey Koplan, Catharyn T. Liverman, Vivica I. Kraak
BOX C-1 Online Databases AGRICOLA is a bibliographic database of. 339 C Literature Review.
4-volume set by Hans J. Hillerbrand
In1528 Agricola was appointed as the secretary of Martin Skytte, the first bishop inTurku after the Reformation. Skytte wasa devout Dominican friar, but an Erasmian reformist with respect for new ideas. In 1531, hesent the first Finnish students ...
by Friedrich Adolf Ebert
— Das Leben des Agricola iibs.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agricola
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agricola
Click on an item to view that photo:
Jason, Bill, Amy playing Agricola later that evening at game night at House of Roses.
Photo credit: Doug Orleans
Sans animeeples (Jess brought her copy).
Photo credit: Doug Orleans
Photo credit: artfulblogger
- Agricola Meeples
A couple of Agricola meeple families
Photo credit: FantasyClay
- Binx Playing Agricola
Photo credit: Dave Peake
Scrabble value of A1G2R1I1C3O1L1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGRICOLA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agricola!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agricola to find many related words and phrases!