On this page:
Definition of the noun agriocharis
What does agriocharis mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a genus of birds of the family Meleagrididae including the ocellated turkey
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Agriocharis: genus Agriocharis
- more generic term: bird genus = a genus of birds
- member of: family Meleagrididae / Meleagrididae = turkeys and some extinct forms
- member: Agriocharis ocellata / ocellated turkey = wild turkey of Central America and northern South America
Phrases with Agriocharis
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agriocharis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Hope B. Werness
Elizabeth Benson writes that two species of wild turkeys inhabit Mexico and Central America today, the ocellated turkey (Agriocharis ocellata) and the bronze or common turkey (Meleagris gal- lopavo). The latter was domesticated between 900 ...
by James A. Jobling
Agriocharis) Gr. eu good; genus Meleagris Linnaeus, 1758, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agriocharis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agriocharis
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1G2R1I1O1C3H4A1R1I1S1
The value of this 11-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agriocharis to find many related words and phrases!