On this page:
Definition of the noun agriocharis ocellata
What does agriocharis ocellata mean as a name of something?
- wild turkey of Central America and northern South America
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Agriocharis ocellata: ocellated turkey
- more generic terms: gallinacean / gallinaceous bird = heavy-bodied largely ground-feeding domestic or game birds
- member of: Agriocharis / genus Agriocharis = a genus of birds of the family Meleagrididae including the ocellated turkey
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Agriocharis ocellata
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Hope B. Werness
Elizabeth Benson writes that two species of wild turkeys inhabit Mexico and Central America today, the ocellated turkey (Agriocharis ocellata) and the bronze or common turkey (Meleagris gal- lopavo). The latter was domesticated between 900 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agriocharis ocellata
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agriocharis ocellata
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agriocharis ocellata to find many related words and phrases!