On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun agrippa
What does agrippa mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- Roman general who commanded the fleet that defeated the forces of Antony and Cleopatra at Actium (63-12 BC)
- Agrippa was a Greek astronomer. The only thing that is known about him regards an astronomical observation that he made in 92 AD, which is cited by Ptolemy. Ptolemy writes that in the twelfth year of the reign of Domitian, on the seventh day of the Bithynian month Metrous, Agrippa observed the occultation of a part of the Pleiades by the southernmost part of the Moon.
- profession: Astronomer
- Agrippa: In Greco-Roman mythology, Agrippa was a descendant of Aeneas and King of Alba Longa, the capital of Latium, southeast of Rome. He was listed as king of Alba Longa in the time of Augustus. Some speculate that this was done in order to give prestige to Augustus' friend and son in law Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa. He was also great great great great grandfather to the famous founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus.
There are other people with in their name, like Agrippa Hull, Herod Agrippa, Agrippa Castor, Camillo Agrippa, Agrippa Postumus, Herod Agrippa II, agrippa d'aubigné, Vibulenus Agrippa, Agrippa the Skeptic, Marcus Asinius Agrippa and many others.
Agrippa is a fictional character from the 1963 film Cleopatra.
- Agrippa is a lunar impact crater that is located at the southeast edge of the Mare Vaporum. It is located to the north of the crater Godin, and the irregular Tempel lies just to the east. To the north and northeast, the rille designated Rima Ariadaeus follows a course to the east-southeast, reaching the western edge of Mare Tranquillitatis. It is named after the 1st century Greek astronomer Agrippa.
- also known as آگریپا
- Agrippa is a Latin praenomen, or personal name, which was most common during the early centuries of the Roman Republic. It was sometimes abbreviated Agr., or occasionally Agripp.; both forms are found in the Capitoline Fasti. Despite ending in -a, it is a masculine name. The feminine form was probably Agrippina, which is also found as a cognomen, or surname, but no examples of its use as a praenomen have survived.
- Agrippa is a website.
- official website: stateofhawaii.info/people/Agrippa
Phrases with Agrippa
- Thecla Agrippa
- Oliarus Agrippa
- Perichares Agrippa
- Species Thecla Agrippa
- Species Oliarus Agrippa
- marcus vipsanius agrippa
- Species Perichares Agrippa
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agrippa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Observing the Moon (2013)
by Peter T. Wlasuk
Agrippa is a walled plain, about 45 km (28 miles) across, characterized by rather steep terraced walls that usually appear...
Animal, Vegetable, Digital (2016)
Experiments in New Media Aesthetics and Environmental Poetics by Elizabeth Swanstrom
Agrippa is an archive, but one that multiplies the Freudian and Derridean notion of that word and, as a consequence, explodes various levels of authority via its processes of proliferation. It is a presentation of an enduring ecology that, because ...
AGRIPPA, Cornelius, born at Cologne in i486, a man of considerable learning, and by common report a great magician ; for the monks ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agrippa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agrippa
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Agrippa
Video shows what Agrippa means. a Latin cognomen, borne by important figures of the classical era such as Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa and several kings of ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Agrippa!
Scrabble value of A1G2R1I1P3P3A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agrippa to find many related words and phrases!