On this page:
Definition of the noun Agrotis ipsilon
What does Agrotis ipsilon mean as a name of something?
Agrotis ipsilon is a species of Agrotis, described by Hufnagel in 1766.
- synonyms: species Agrotis ipsilon / Bombyx spinula / species Bombyx spinula / Noctua aneituma / species Noctua aneituma / Noctua suffusa / species Noctua suffusa / Phalaena idonea / species Phalaena idonea / Phalaena ipsilon / species Phalaena ipsilon / Phalaena spiniferus / species Phalaena spiniferus / Phalaena spinula / species Phalaena spinula
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Lepidoptera
- family: Noctuidae
- genus: Agrotis
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Agrotis ipsilon is a kind of Agrotis, described by Hufnagel in 1766.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agrotis ipsilon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Entomology (2011)
BLACK CUTWORM Agrotis ipsilon ( Hufnagel) [Lepidoptera: Noctuidae]: A sporadic pest of cotton and several Species of vegetable plants throughout world. BCW larva consumes leaves, cuts leaves from ...
by David Pimentel, Ph.D.
black cutworm, Agrotis ipsilon, with Vairimorpha nectarix(lQ, 1 1); mormon crickett, Anabrus simplex, with N. locustae (12); and stored-product ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agrotis ipsilon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agrotis ipsilon
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Agrotis ipsilon
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ipsilon Dart Moth (Noctuidae: Agrotis ipsilon) Dorsal View
Photographed at the Turtle River State Park, North Dakota (08 October 2011).
- Cutworms. Oruga cortadora (Agrotis ipsilon)
- Ipsilon Dart Moth (Noctuidae: Agrotis ipsilon) Dorsal view
- Instinctive Behaviors of a black cutworm (Agrotis ipsilon)
Under a rock in Southeast Kearney - May 3rd.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agrotis ipsilon to find many related words and phrases!