On this page:
Definition of the noun agua toad
What does agua toad mean as a name of something?
- largest known toad species; native to Central America; valuable destroyer of insect pests
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Bufo marinus
- synonym of agua toad: agua
- more generic term: true toad = tailless amphibian similar to a frog but more terrestrial and having drier warty skin
- geographic area: Australia, Caribbean, Middle America, North America, Oceania, South America, Southern Asia
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agua Toad
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Whys and Whences of Chemical Nomenclature and Terminology by Alexander Senning
from the species name Bufo agua (agua toad), from buf(o)- and agua (Tupi: agua toad) ...
The largest member of the genus is the huge agua toad of tropical America. (See Agua.) Various more distantly related amphibians are called toads, e.g., tree toads (see Hyla; Tree Frog) ; the South American ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agua Toad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agua Toad to find many related words and phrases!