On this page:
Definition of the noun ague root
What does ague root mean as a name of something?
- colicroot having a scurfy or granuliferous perianth and white flowers; southeastern United States
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Aletris farinosa
- synonym of ague root: ague grass
- more generic terms: colic root / colicroot / crow corn / star grass / unicorn root = any of several perennials of the genus Aletris having grasslike leaves and bitter roots reputed to cure colic
- member of: Aletris / genus Aletris = small genus of bitter-rooted herbs of eastern North America and Asia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ague Root
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Practical Guide to Creating Healing, Protection, and Prosperity using Plants, Herbs, and Flowers by Susan Gregg
Aletrisfarcinosa It is as magical as a unicorn, so it will bring you safety, success, and joy □ □ the plant: Ague Root is also known as Unicorn Root. Native to North America, it is a perennial and a member of the Lily family. It prefers grassy or ...
by Scott Cunningham
Mint: Pennyroyal Squaw Root: Cohosh, Black Staggerwort: Ragwort Stammerwort: Ragwort Stanch Griss: Yarrow Stanch Weed: Yarrow Stargrass: Ague Root Star.
Used in Food, Drugs and Cosmetics by Ikhlas A. Khan, Ehab A. Abourashed
Common/vernacular names: Ague grass, ague root, aletris, blazing star, colic root, stargrass, starwort, true unicorn root, unicorn root, and whitetube stargrass.
by Carole J. Skelly
Ague grass; Ague root; Bitter grass; Colicroot; Crowcorn; Mealy starwort; Star root; Unicorn root: Preparations from the dried roots of this plant were used in herbal medicines. Consumption of the fresh ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
English: colic root, unicorn root, crow corn, ague root, stargrass Brazil: aletris, raiz-da-c61icas, erva-da-febres, erva- estrela, cometa-orinito, cadenaco Hawaii: kukui, kuikui Japan: kukui-no-ki China: shi ...
A Treasury of Useful Information for the Farm and Household by Jonathan Periam
Ague Root, ('rowcorn, Agne Grass.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ague Root
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ague Root to find many related words and phrases!