On this page:
Definition of the noun ague weed
What does ague weed mean as a name of something?
- gentian of eastern North America having clusters of bristly blue flowers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- alternative spelling: agueweed
- scientific names: Gentiana quinquefolia / Aloitis quinqueflora / species Aloitis quinqueflora / Aloitis quinqueflora occidentalis / subspecies Aloitis quinqueflora occidentalis / Ericoila quinqueflora / species Ericoila quinqueflora / Gentiana occidentalis / species Gentiana occidentalis / Gentiana propinqua occidentalis / variety Gentiana propinqua occidentalis / Gentiana quinqueflora / species Gentiana quinqueflora / Gentiana quinqueflora parviflora / variety Gentiana quinqueflora parviflora / Gentiana quinquefolia lutescens / form Gentiana quinquefolia lutescens / Gentiana quinquefolia amarelloides / variety Gentiana quinquefolia amarelloides / Gentianella quinquefolia
- synonyms of ague weed: five-flowered gentian / stiff gentian
- more generic word: gentian = any of various plants of the family Gentianaceae especially the genera Gentiana and Gentianella and Gentianopsis
- member of: Gentianella / genus Gentianella = genus of herbs with flowers that resemble gentian
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ague Weed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Viktorija Briggs
Unicorn: Attributes: Immortality, Innocence, Power, Purity, Virginity Deities: N/A Unicorn Root: Latin: Aletris Farinosa Other Names: Ague Grass, Ague Root, Ague Weed, Aletris, Bitter Grass, Blackroot, Blazing Star, Colic Root, Crow Corn, Devil's Bit, ...
by Chapin Aaron Harris
AGUE WEED. Eupatorium perfoliatum. AGUE CAKE. A hard tumor on the left side below the false ribs, caused by a visceral obstruction, generally of the spleen, which may be felt externally. It is the effect of intermittent fever. AIMA. Blood.
A New Medical Dictionary (1890)
by George Milbry Gould
Squarroaa, common ague weed. n herb popular in the western U. S. as a remedy for ague and malaria] diseases. Has proved serviceable in chronic rheumatism. Dose of the Ed. ext. rerv-xxx. Unof. 'Grind'era' Aath'rna. A chronic afl' ection of the lungs resulting from the inspiration of metallic or siliceous dust, accumulating in the lungs, and producing symptoms similar to those of consumption. Called also G. Rat and G. Drlreare. Grippe. See lnfimm. Groin. The depression between the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ague Weed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ague Weed to find many related words and phrases!