On this page:
Definition of the noun ague weed
What does ague weed mean as a name of something?
- gentian of eastern North America having clusters of bristly blue flowers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- alternative spelling: agueweed
- scientific names: Gentiana quinquefolia / Aloitis quinqueflora / species Aloitis quinqueflora / Aloitis quinqueflora occidentalis / subspecies Aloitis quinqueflora occidentalis / Ericoila quinqueflora / species Ericoila quinqueflora / Gentiana occidentalis / species Gentiana occidentalis / Gentiana propinqua occidentalis / variety Gentiana propinqua occidentalis / Gentiana quinqueflora / species Gentiana quinqueflora / Gentiana quinqueflora parviflora / variety Gentiana quinqueflora parviflora / Gentiana quinquefolia lutescens / form Gentiana quinquefolia lutescens / Gentiana quinquefolia amarelloides / variety Gentiana quinquefolia amarelloides / Gentianella quinquefolia
- synonyms of ague weed: five-flowered gentian / stiff gentian
- more generic word: gentian = any of various plants of the family Gentianaceae especially the genera Gentiana and Gentianella and Gentianopsis
- member of: Gentianella / genus Gentianella = genus of herbs with flowers that resemble gentian
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ague Weed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Chapin Aaron Harris
Ague Weed. Eupatorium perfolia- tum. Ague Cake. A hard tumor on the left side below the false ribs, caused by a visceral ...
Containing a Concise Explanation of the Various Subjects and Terms of Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Hygiene, Therapeutics ... by Robley Dunglison
AGUE WEED, Eupatorium perfoliatum. AGU'IOS, from a, priv., and yutov, “limb.” Mutilated or wanting limbs.—Hippocr. Weak, feeble.—Galen. AGUL, Aghoul, Alha'gi, the Hedisa'rum ...
A New Medical Dictionary (1890)
Including All the Words and Phrases Used in Medicine, with Their Proper Pronunciation and Definitions. Based on Recent Medical Literature by George Milbry Gould
Squarrosa, common ague weed. An herb popular in the western U. S. as a remedy for ague and malarial diseases. Has proved serviceable in chronic rheumatism. Dose of the fid. ext. n\xv-xxx. Unof. Grinders' Asth'ma. A chronic affection of ...
Companion to the British and American Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeias Arranged in the Form of a Dictionary (1890)
by Lawrence T. Ashwell
Bone-set, Ague Weed, Thoroughwort, Crosswort. Habitat, North America. Flowering time, June to October. Parts employed, the entire plant. Time for collecting, while in flower. Preparation. — Tincture, corresponding in alcoholic strength with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ague Weed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ague Weed to find many related words and phrases!