On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ahab
What does ahab mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- according to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC)
- Ahab was the seventh king of Israel since Jeroboam I, the son and successor of Omri, and the husband of Jezebel of Sidon, according to the Hebrew Bible.
- Ahab a.k.a. Arlene Castillo is a costume designer.
- read more about Arlene Castillo
- Ahab is a German funeral doom metal band founded in 2004 by Midnattsol guitarists Christian Hector and Daniel Droste and former Endzeit guitarist Stephan Adolph. The band is named after Captain Ahab, a character in the novel Moby-Dick by Herman Melville. Along with its name, the band also draws thematic and lyrical inspiration from Moby Dick – some songs even feature direct quotations from the book.
- Ahab a.k.a. a.h.a.b. is a musical group.
- album: "A.h.a.b."
- official website: ahabofficial.com
There are other groups with in their name, like Ahab Rex.
- Ahab, a fictional supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe. Based upon Herman Melville's Captain Ahab but also named after Stan Lee's childhood friend Rory Campbell from Portland, Oregon, Ahab is a cyborg. Ahab's first appearance was a cameo in Fantastic Four Annual #23, as part of the "Days of Future Present" storyline.
- Ahab is a fictional character from the 2011 animated short film Dr Breakfast.
- Ahab is a fictional film character.
"Ahab" is a musical album of Tony Garone.
- released on (5 years ago)
Ahab is a TV spot.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ahab
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Jezebel's Puppets (2016)
Exposing the Agenda of False Prophets by Jennifer LeClaire
Ahab is a compromiser who tolerates sin.
Ahab is an idolatrous covenant breaker.
Herman Melville (2008)
Moby Dick and Other Works by Raychel Haugrud Reiff
"Ungodly" Ahab is a type of anti-Job who refuses to acknowledge any power higher than himself. Unlike the biblical Job who humbly...
To the Sea Again (2014)
Classic Sailing Stories by Tom McCarthy
Even Ahab is a braver thing—a nobler thing than that. Would now the wind but had a body; but all the things that most exasperate and outrage mortal man, all these things are bodiless, but only bodiless as objects, not as agents.There's a most ...
The Penis Name Book (2010)
A Guide to Naming Man's Best Friend by David Rosenthal, Saryn Chorney
The penis rating system 1 2 3 4 5 AHAB OrigiN: Ahab is the name of the doomed sea.
10 Classic Epics (2011)
by Golgotha Press
Even Ahab is a braver thing--a nobler thing than that. Would now the wind but had a body; but all the things that most exasperate and outrage mortal man, all these things are bodiless, but only bodiless as objects, not as agents. There's a most ...
All Things Shining (2011)
Reading the Western Classics to Find Meaning in a Secular Age by Hubert Dreyfus, Sean Dorrance Kelly
Ahab is a combination of Kant's theory of human beings as au- tonomous selves and Dante's religious hope for eternal bliss. But these accounts, each unlivable on its own, are the worst kind of wickedness when brought together. They account ...
by Elizabeth Webber, Mike Feinsilber
Ahab 6 buy another pack of cigarettes — anything to undo that terrible number. And by Ty Burr in Entertainment Weekly, May 9, 1997, on the development of MSN, Microsoft Network: Well, MSN is hardly purring yet, but some of the older shows ...
by Merrill F. Unger
Ahab built him a temple and an altar in Samaria and made a grove for the impure orgies of the goddess Asherah (1 Kings 16:29-33). So strong was the tide of corruption that it appeared as if the knowledge of the true God would be lost among ...
by David Noel Freedman, Allen C. Myers, Astrid B. Beck
AGUR AHAB quired special installations such as the yeqeb and gat for wine- making and the olive press for making oiL The most efficient olive press in the Israelite period was the beam press. Oil was used not just as food, but also for lighting ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ahab
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ahab
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Captain Ahab.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Ahab
Video shows what Ahab means. A king of Israel, mentioned in the Bible.. , very rarely used.. Ahab Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
See also the pronunciation examples of Ahab!
Scrabble value of A1H4A1B3
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AHAB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ahab!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ahab to see it in context!