Ahead of Time
On this page:
- Definition of the adverb ahead of time
- Other definitions of ahead of time
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ahead of Time
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ahead of Time
- Photos about Ahead of Time
- Video about Ahead of Time
- Quotes about Ahead of Time
- Share this page
Definition of the adverb ahead of time
What does ahead of time mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- before the usual time or the time expected
Other definitions of ahead of time
What does ahead of time also mean?
- prior to the expected time; early.
- synonym: in advance
"Ahead of Time": History has many unsung chroniclers, but perhaps none has been eyewitness to as many of the modern world's pivotal events as Ruth Gruber. Now ninety-seven, Gruber has been unswerving in her drive to capture her experiences in print and photos so that the public might grasp the meaning and repercussions of actions far from home. In Ahead of Time by renowned cinematographer-turned-director Bob Richman, she is still as sharp, vibrant and meticulously groomed as she must have been throughout years of global adventures.
- countries: United States of America, Israel
- languages: Hebrew Language, English Language
- director: Robert Richman
- producer: Zeva Oelbaum
- executive producers: Patti Kenner, Doris Schechter, Denise Benmosche
- production design by Zeva Oelbaum
- cinematography by Robert Richman
- edited by Sabine Krayenbühl
- music by Ted Reichman, Reuben Chess
- genres: Documentary film, History, Comedy, Biographical film
- subject: Ruth Gruber
- rating: 14A (Canada)
- released on (5 years ago)
- official website: www.ruthgruberthemovie.com
- "Ahead of Time" is a collection of science fiction stories by Henry Kuttner, first published in hardcover by Ballantine Books in 1953. A British hardcover appeared in 1954, with a paperback following in 1961. Paperback reissues of both the UK and US editions appeared in the mid-1960s. A French translation appeared in 1962, and an Italian translation in 1971.
- language: English Language
- genres: Short story, Science Fiction
- released in (63 years ago)
- "Ahead of Time" is a book by Ruth Gruber.
- also known as "Ahead of time: my early years as a foreign correspondent"
- genres: Autobiography, Biography
- subjects: Europe, History, Journalism, Woman, United States of America, Germany, Soviet Union
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ahead of Time
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Hartwell Fiske
basis over the short haul presently sooner ahead of time in advance sorrowfully alas and alack source original source root cause spare (very) limited ( a/the) limited number of CONCISE WORDY sparse speak speak (to) speak (with) speaker ...
More Than 600 Science Activities Written by Teachers for Teachers by Kathy Charner
Ahead of time, make a tape recording of everyday noises at home. Some examples are: running water, door closing, television playing, radio playing, toilet flushing, telephone ringing, doorbell chiming, etc. 2. At circle time, talk to the children ...
Encyclopedia of Time (2013)
by Samuel L. Macey
The dates are announced ahead of time in order that the people of the pueblo can enter into proper preparations (practicing songs and dances, preparing costumes and special foods) so that the ceremony may be carried out with a “ good ...
by Kathy Charner
Your time is valuable too, so inform parents ahead of time as to how long you expect conferences to last (usually about ...
The Modem Dictionary (1994)
by R. Scott Perry
System Operator That's All For Now There Ain't No Justice There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch Too Damn Many Thanx For The Help Ahead Of Time Thank God It's Friday Thanks In Advance Three Letter Acronym There Oughta Be A ...
by Gambhir Bhatta
The assessment is based on criteria that will have been made known to departments ahead of time. Such a review normally focuses on issues such as departmental capability, statement of intent, and risk-management systems. Its primary aim ...
Over 600 Favorite Circle Time Activities Created by Teachers for Teachers by Kathy Charner
Ahead of time, construct smoke or exhaust props by cutting out cloud shapes from black or gray construction paper. Tape the cloud shape to the top of the tongue depressor or straw, leaving enough room at the bottom for a handle. Each child ...
More Than 10,000 Idioms and Collocations by Yuri Dolgopolov
ahead of time • before ...
by John Fay
A hot site is an alternative recovery location prepared ahead of time, in this case with computers, servers, or a mainframe, and related equipment such as hardware and telecommunications. Hot-site vendors exist to provide this service on a ...
Includes Abbreviations, Geographical Names, Foreign Words and Phrases, Forms of Address, Weights and Measures, Signs and Symbols by Albert Morehead, Philip D. Morehead, Loy Morehead
1, ahead of time. 2, prudent; thrifty. fore'head (for'id) n. the front ...
by Cambridge University Press
ahead of time/schedule before the time that was planned We finished the project ahead of schedule. CSee also: be one step1 ahead (of sb), be streets ( street) ahead (of sb/sth), be ahead of your time1. -aholic /-a'holik/ suffix unable to stop ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ahead of Time
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ahead of Time
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Ahead of Time
Ahead of time Meaning
Video shows what ahead of time means. prior to the expected time, early.. Ahead of time Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ahead of Time!
Quotes about Ahead of Time
Perpetual worry will get you to one place ahead of time - the cemetery.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ahead of Time to see it in context!