Ahmad Shamlou (poet)
On this page:
Who is Ahmad Shamlou?
Ahmad Shamlou a.k.a. Ahmad Shamloo was a Persian poet, writer, and journalist. Shamlou was arguably the most influential poet of modern Iran. His initial poetry was influenced by and in the tradition of Nima Youshij. Shamlou's poetry is complex, yet his imagery, which contributes significantly to the intensity of his poems, is simple. As the base, he uses the traditional imagery familiar to his Iranian audience through the works of Persian masters like Hafiz and Omar Khayyám. For infrastructure and impact, he uses a kind of everyday imagery in which personified oxymoronic elements are spiked with an unreal combination of the abstract and the concrete thus far unprecedented in Persian poetry, which distressed some of the admirers of more traditional poetry.
- also known as Ahmad Shamlu, A. Bamdad
- born on (89 years ago) in Tehran, child of Haydar Shamlou and Kowkab Araqi
- nationality: Iran
- profession: Journalist, poet, writer
- parent of
- died on (14 years ago) in Karaj of diabetes mellitus
- buried in Emamzadeh Taher
- written works: "Hadis-i biqarari-yi Mahan", "The Book of Alley", "Bunbastha va babrha-yi ashiq", "Madayih-i bi silah", "Darbarah-i hunar va adabiyat", "Taranahha-yi kuchak-i ghurbat", "Dar jidal ba khamushi", "The Forgotten Songs", "The Tale of Mahan's Restlessness", "The Cul-de-Sac and the Tigers in Love", "Panegyrics Sans Boon", "Little Rhapsodizes of Exile", "Poniard on the Plate", "Of Airs and Mirrors", "The Doors and the Great Wall of China", "Abraham in the Fire", "Blossoming in the Mist", "Phoenix in the Rain", "Ayda: Tree,Dagger, Remembrance", "Moments and Forever", "Ayda in the Mirror", "The Mirror Orchard", "Fresh air", "Poems of Iron and Feelings", "The Verdict", "The Woman Behind the Brass Door"
- films written:
- film directed: Branded
- official website: www.shamlou.org
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ahmad Shamlou (poet)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of AHMAD SHAMLOU
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ahmad Shamlou!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ahmad Shamlou to see it in context!