On this page:
Who is Ahmed Deedat?
Ahmed Deedat: Ahmed Hoosen Deedat was a South African writer and public speaker of Indian descent. He was best known as a Muslim missionary who held numerous inter-religious public debates with evangelical Christians, as well as video lectures, most of which centred on Islam, Christianity and the Bible. He also established the IPCI, an international Islamic missionary organisation, and wrote several booklets on Islam and Christianity which were widely distributed by the organisation. He was awarded the King Faisal International Prize in 1986 for his fifty years of missionary work. He used English to communicate with Muslims and non-Muslims in the western world.
- also known as Дидат, Ахмед
- born on (97 years ago) in Surat, child of Hussien Kazem Deedat and Fatma Deedat
- ethnicity: Indian South Africans, Indian people, Memon people
- nationality: South Africa, India
- religion: Islam, Sunni Islam
- profession: Missionary, public speaker, orator, writer
- Marriage with Hawa Deedat until
- died on (10 years ago) in Verulam, KwaZulu-Natal
- written works: "What the Bible Says About Muhammad", "What Was the Sign of Jonah?", "Al-Qur'an", "The God that Never Was", "The choice", "Christ in Islam", "Crucifixion or cruci-fiction?", "Is The Bible God's word?", "What is His Name?", "How Rushdie fooled the West", "Was Jesus Crucified?", "Jalons pour le dialogue islamo-chrétien", "Arabs and Israel", "Muhammad(PBUH): The Natural Successor to Christ", "Muhammed(PBUH) the Greatest", "Resurrection or Resuscitation?"
- official website: www.ahmed-deedat.net
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Ahmed Deedat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices, 2nd Edition [6 volumes] (2010)
A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices by J. Gordon Melton, Martin Baumann
Ahmed Deedat, a popular Muslim ...
by Edward E. Curtis
One such missionary is South African Ahmed Deedat (1918–2005), who was a major influence on Muslim Americans by perfecting a form of Muslim apologetics, the art of defending one's position through persuasive argument. Best known for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ahmed Deedat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Ahmed Deedat
Click on an item to play that video:
- Easter explanation from bible by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (2-3)
Easter, the Sunday of the Resurrection, Pascha, or Resurrection Day, is the most important religious feast of the Christian liturgical year, observed at some point ...
- Easter explanation from bible by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (1-3)
- What language Spoken by the Christians..FUNNY Ahmed Deedat
if some one to be learn how to speak english He/ she have to be spread islam and preaching the name and message of Allah to non muslims who does not ...
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ahmed Deedat for some fun with words!