On this page:
Who is Ahmed Shawqi?
Ahmed Shawqi, also written as Ahmed Chawki, nicknamed Amīr al-Shu‘arā’, was one of the greatest Arabic poets laureate, an Egyptian poet and dramatist who pioneered the modern Egyptian literary movement, most notably introducing the genre of poetic epics to the Arabic literary tradition. On the paternal side he was of Circassian, Greek and Kurdish descent, and on the maternal side of Turkish and Greek descent.
- also known as Amir al-Sho'araã, the prince of poets
- born on (147 years ago) in Cairo
- nationality: Khedivate of Egypt
- profession: Writer, poet, playwright
- died on (83 years ago) in Kingdom of Egypt
- read more about Ahmed Shawqi (poet)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ahmed Shawqi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ahmed Shawqi for some fun with words!