On this page:
Who is Ahmet Davutoğlu?
Ahmet Davutoğlu is a Turkish diplomat and politician who has been the 26th Prime Minister of Turkey since 28 August 2014 and the leader of the Justice and Development Party since 27 August 2014. He previously served as the Minister of Foreign Affairs from 2009 to 2014, pursuing a policy of expanding Turkey's regional influence in former Ottoman territories and rebuilding relations with Israel after the 2009 Gaza flotilla raid on the MV Mavi Marmara. Prior to becoming Foreign Minister, Davutoglu served as chief advisor to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and became an AKP Member of Parliament for Konya in the 2011 general election. He is also a political scientist, an academic, and an ambassador at large.
- also known as Ahmet Davutoglu
- born on (56 years ago) in Taşkent
- nationality: Turkey
- religion: Islam
- profession: Diplomat, professor
- Marriage with Sare Davutoğlu since
- parent of
- written works: "Alternative Paradigms", "Civilizational Transformation and the Muslim World", "Strategic Depth", "Osmanlı Medeniyeti: Siyaset İktisat Sanat", "The Global Crisis"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ahmet Davutoğlu
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ahmet Davutoğlu to see it in context!