On this page:
- Definition of the noun Aida
- Phrases with Aida
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aida
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aida
- Photos about Aida
- Videos about Aida
- Quotes about Aida
- Scrabble value of A1I1D2A1
- Anagrams of AIDA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Aida
What does Aida mean as a name of something?
Aida is a genus of Melanotaeniidae, described by Castelnau in 1875.
- synonym: genus Aida
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Actinopterygii
- order: Atheriniformes
- family: Melanotaeniidae
- genus: Melanotaenia
- Aida is a franchise chain of 34 espresso bar and pastry shops based in Vienna Austria, with franchise outlets globally. They are also known to be the largest and most exclusive privately owned confectionery producer and coffee shop brand in Europe with 130 confectioners producing 3 tons of cakes and pastries daily. They have a devoted clientele, for whom Aida has achieved near-cult status. Business hours are from early in the morning until the early evening; the shops are open every day of the year with the exception of Christmas Day.
- also known as Chocolaterie & Großkonditorei Aida-Prousek & Co.
- official website: www.aida.at
- Aida, also spelled 'Ayda, is a Palestinian refugee camp situated 2 kilometers north of Bethlehem and 1 kilometer north of Beit Jala in the central West Bank. Adjacent to Rachel's Tomb, it is walled off from Jerusalem by the Israeli West Bank barrier and contiguous to the Israeli neighbourhood of Gilo. Named after a famous coffeehouse located on the site in the early 1940s, Aida camp was established in 1950 and covered an area of 66 dunams.
- part of West Bank
- Aida was a town located in Aida District, Okayama Prefecture, Japan.
Who is Aida?
Aida a.k.a. Edith Borella was an American silent film actress of Swiss descent. She starred in films such as the 1913 film Through the Neighbor's Window with Charlotte Burton which was her debut. Her career only lasted two years between 1913 and 1915 but in that space of time she starred in 46 films. She married popular English-American actor Edward Coxen in 1914.
- read more about Edith Borella (actress)
- Aida is a musical group.
- album: "Tämän kylmän keskellä"
- Aida is a musical group.
- Aida is a musical group.
- albums: "Fear Of Love", "Fly"
Aida is a fictional character from the opera Aida.
- "Aida", sometimes spelled Aïda, is an opera in four acts by Giuseppe Verdi to an Italian libretto by Antonio Ghislanzoni, based on a scenario often attributed to French Egyptologist Auguste Mariette, although Verdi biographer Mary Jane Phillips-Matz has argued that the scenario was actually written by Temistocle Solera. Aida was first performed at the Khedivial Opera House in Cairo on 24 December 1871, conducted by Giovanni Bottesini.
- also known as Aïda
- language: Italian Language
- music by Giuseppe Verdi
- "Aida" a.k.a. "Aida (2000 original Broadway cast)" is a musical album of Elton John & Elton John & Tim Rice, musical soundtrack.
- also known as AIDA (Original Broadway Cast), Aïda (Original Dutch Cast), Aida (Original Dutch Cast)
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Aida" is a musical album of Rino Gaetano.
- released in (39 years ago)
- "Aida" a.k.a. "Aida (London Symphony Orchestra feat. soprano: Leontyne Price, tenor: Plácido Domingo)" is a musical album of Giuseppe Verdi, Ruggero Raimondi, Sherrill Milnes, Leontyne Price, Hans Sotin, London Symphony Orchestra, Plácido Domingo, Erich Leinsdorf, Grace Bumbry.
- also known as Aida (London Symphony Orchestra feat. soprano: Leontyne Price, tenor: Plácido Domingo) (disc 1)
- released in (45 years ago)
- "Aida" is a musical album of Giuseppe Verdi, Ghena Dimitrova, Lorin Maazel, Luciano Pavarotti, Leo Nucci, Coro del Teatro alla Scala di Milano, Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala di Milano, Paata Burchuladze, Maria Chiara.
- also known as Aida (Orchestra e Coro del Teatro alla Scala, Milano feat. conductor: Tullio Serafin) (disc 1)
- released on (26 years ago)
- "Aida" is a musical album of Giuseppe Verdi.
- released in (28 years ago)
- "Aida" a.k.a. "Aida (Chorus of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden; Trumpeters of the Royal Military School of Music; New Philharmonia Orchestra feat. Conductor: Riccardo Muti)" is a musical album of Giuseppe Verdi.
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Aida" is a musical album of Giuseppe Verdi, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, Nikolaus Harnoncourt & Vienna Philharmonic.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Aida" a.k.a. "Aida (Rome Opera Chorus and Orchestra feat. conductor: Sir Georg Solti)" is a musical album of Giuseppe Verdi.
- also known as Aida (Rome Opera Chorus and Orchestra feat. conductor: Sir Georg Solti) (disc 2)
- released on (16 years ago)
- "AIDA" is a musical album of Elton John & Tim Rice.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Aida" is a musical album of Giuseppe Verdi, Alberto Erede, Orchestra dell'Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia.
- released on (21 years ago)
- "Aida" is a musical album of Derek Bailey.
- released on (35 years ago)
- "Aida" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Aida" is a composition.
- music by Miles Davis
"Aida" is a musical with music by Elton John, lyrics by Tim Rice, and book by Linda Woolverton, Robert Falls, and David Henry Hwang, and produced by Walt Disney Theatrical.
- also known as Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida
- authors: David Henry Hwang, Linda Woolverton, Robert Falls
- Aida a.k.a. Aída is a Spanish comedy sitcom set in Madrid, a spin off from another sitcom called 7 Vidas. The show was broadcast from January 16, 2005 to June 8, 2014 by the Spanish network Telecinco and was produced by Globomedia.
- read more about Aída
- "Aida" is a 1953 Italian film version of the opera Aida by Giuseppe Verdi. It was directed by Clemente Fracassi and produced by Gregor Rabinovitch and Federico Teti. The screenplay was adapted by Fracassi, Carlo Castelli, Anna Gobbi and Giorgio Salviucci from the libretto by Antonio Ghislanzoni. The cinematography was by Piero Portalupi, the production design by Flavio Mogherini and the costume design by Maria De Matteis. The Italian State Radio Orchestra was conducted by Giuseppe Morelli, the ballet was choreographed by Margherita Wallmann.
- country: Italy
- languages: Italian Language, English Language
- producers: Gregor Rabinovitch & Federico Teti
- production design by Flavio Mogherini
- written by Clemente Fracassi, Anna Gobbi, Giorgio Salviucci & Carlo Castelli
- based on "Aida" by Antonio Ghislanzoni
- Renata Tebaldi as Aida
- Giuseppe Campora as Radames
- Ebe Stignani as Amneris
- Lois Maxwell as Amneris
- Gino Bechi as Amonasro
- Sophia Loren as Aida
- Afro Poli as Amonasro
- Luciano Della Marra as Radames
- Antonio Cassinelli as Ramfis
- Giulio Neri as Ramfis
- Enrico Formichi as The King of Egypt
- Domenico Balini as A messenger
- Paolo Caroli as A messenger
- Marisa Valenti as Un'ancella
- Giovanna Russo as Un'ancella
- Marisa Ciampaglia as Una schiava
- George Petroff as Un guerrero etiope
- cinematography by Piero Portalupi
- edited by Mario Bonotti
- music by Giuseppe Verdi
- costume design by Maria De Matteis
- genres: Opera, Musical, Drama, Musical Drama
- released on (62 years ago)
- "Aida" is a 1987 Swedish movie, directed by Claes Fellbom. The film is based on Giuseppe Verdi's opera, Aida.
- "Aida" is a 1989 tv film directed by Brian Large.
- "Aida" a.k.a. "Aída" is a 1976 short film directed by Narcisa Hirsch.
- country: Argentina
- released in (40 years ago)
- "Aida" is a 2007 music film directed by Patrizia Carmine.
- "Aida" is a short film, directed by Pierre Friquet.
"Aida" is an award-winning photo by Rodrigo Abd, depicting: Aida cries as she recovers from severe injuries sustained during a Syrian military bombardment of her home, in the northern city of Idlib. Her husband and two children were killed in the attack.
- taken on
- media: photograph
- AIDA is an acronym used in marketing and advertising that describes a common list of events that may occur when a consumer engages with an advertisement.
- Aida or Aïda is female given name. Variants include: Ada, Aeeda, Aída, Aide, Aidee, Ade, Ajda, Ayeda, Ayeeda, Ida, Ieeda,Ieta and Iyeeda. The name is derived from the Arabic name "Ayda" "عايدة" or "عائدة" in formal Arabic.
- AIDA: The Asteroid Impact & Deflection Assessment mission is a proposed space probe under development by NASA and the European Space Agency, which would study the effects of crashing a spacecraft into an asteroid. The mission is intended to test whether a spacecraft could successfully deflect an asteroid on a collision course with Earth. The project was formed by joining two separate studies, called 'DART' and 'AIM'.
- AIDA: Abstract Interfaces for Data Analysis is a set of defined interfaces and formats for representing common data analysis objects. The project was instigated and is primarily used by researchers in high-energy particle physics. As of 2011, the projects seems dormant, with last "recent news" on the project homepage dating from 2005.
- license: GNU Lesser General Public License
- official website: aida.freehep.org
- Aida is the 2000-2004 Broadway theater production of the musical play by Elton John and Tim Rice.
- also known as Aida (Broadway production)
- Tony Award for Best Scenic Design nomination for Bob Crowley
- Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical nomination for Heather Headley
- Tony Award for Best Costume Design nomination for Bob Crowley
- Tony Award for Best Original Score nomination for Elton John & Tim Rice
- Tony Award for Best Lighting Design in a Play or Musical nomination for Natasha Katz
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical nomination for Heather Headley
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical nomination for Heather Headley
- Tony Award for Best Scenic Design, received by Bob Crowley
- Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical, received by Heather Headley
- Tony Award for Best Original Score, received by Elton John & Tim Rice
- Tony Award for Best Lighting Design in a Play or Musical, received by Natasha Katz
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical, received by Heather Headley
- Aida is a theater production.
- Aida is the 1st US national tour theater production of the play by David Henry Hwang, Linda Woolverton and Robert Falls. It opened in 2001 and closed in 2003.
- also known as Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida 1st National Tour
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress, Non-Resident Production (for the production at the Kennedy Center Opera House) nomination for Paulette Ivory
- Helen Hayes Awards for outstanding Supporting Performer, Visiting Production (for the production at the Kennedy Center Opera House) nomination for Kelli Fournier
- Helen Hayes Awards for outstanding Supporting Performer, Visiting Production (for the production at the Kennedy Center Opera House), received by Kelli Fournier
- Aida a.k.a. alkA is a gene.
- Aida is a 2005 theater production of the play by Linda Woolverton, David Henry Hwang and Robert Falls.
- award: - Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress, Resident Musical nomination for Felicia Curry
- Aida is a 2008 Riverview High School theater production of the play by Linda Woolverton, Robert Falls, and David Henry Hwang.
Phrases with Aida
Phrase starting with the word Aida:
Phrases ending with the word Aida:
- Genus Aida
- Eschata Aida
- Arhopala Aida
- Katonaia aida
- Paroxyna aida
- Narathura Aida
- Heliconius Aida
- Ptosanthus aida
- Hesperocharis Aida
- Species Eschata Aida
- Species Arhopala Aida
- Species Katonaia Aida
- species Paroxyna aida
- Species Narathura Aida
- Species Heliconius Aida
- Species Ptosanthus Aida
- Species Hesperocharis Aida
Other phrases containing the word Aida:
View more phrases with the word Aida in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aida
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Revisioning Italy (1997)
National Identity and Global Culture by Beverly Allen, Mary J. Russo
Aida is an orientalist opera only if the drama Verdi actually constructed—under those circumstances and out of those materials— embodies the ideological project Said ascribes to it. Above all, it is an orientalist opera only if its ideological ...
Power Through Self-expression by Naomi Sakr
The censorship Aida refers to includes restrictions that the government places on the press. For example, in 2001, the government resurrected the infamous Article 77 of the Press Law, under which it is authorized to suppress publications ...
Ventilation of Buildings (2013)
by H.B. Awbi
Air infiltration development algorithm (AIDA) AIDA is a basic air infiltration calculation algorithm which was developed by the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC) [A1, A2]. It uses a basic air infiltration and ventilation procedure ...
Selected Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium of the International Academy of Astronautics, Berlin, April 4-8 2005 by Hans-Peter Röser, Rainer Sandau, Arnoldo Valenzuela
AIDA is an impact detector for space debris and micro-meteoroids. It is built by eta_max space GmbH in Brunswick which is the main contractor for ESA's MASTER© model. The acquired data can be used to compare them with the MASTER ...
Very Large Data Bases (2004)
by Mario A. Nascimento
Although AIDA is a specific data analyzer for the VC application but this interactive system supports various predefined queries which are common across different immersive environments. Below are some examples of the queries: Subject ...
Rethinking Sales Management (2011)
A Strategic Guide for Practitioners by Beth Rogers
win/ lose review Woodburn, Diana “word of mouth” approach Xerox study Zen “ teaching” Index compiled by Paul Nash 1 AIDA is an ISMM accredited training center ...
by Stephen W. Littlejohn, Karen A. Foss
AIDA is a theory–method hybrid that melds the analytic moves of discourse analysis—attending to situated talk and texts—with the goal of understanding a practice. AIDA takes a rhetorical point of view, presuming that people can make ...
by Todd Leahy, Nathan Wilson
AMERICAN INDIAN DEFENSE ASSOCIATION (AIDA). Established in New York City in May 1923, and led by John Collier, who served as executive secretary from its founding until 1933, the AIDA became a national association for reformers ...
Modern Music and Musicians: Encyclopedia: v. 1. A history of music; special articles; great composers; v. 2. Religious music of the world; vocal music and musicians; the opera; history and guide; v. 3. The theory of music; piano technique; special articles; modern instruments; anecdotes of musicians; dictionary. (musical terms and biography) (1912)
by Louis Charles Elson
AIDA Grand Romantic Opera in four acts by Giuseppe Verdi. Text by Ghislanzoni. THE scene of action is alternately Memphis and Thebes, and the story belongs to the period when the Pharaohs sat on the throne. In the first act we see the ...
by Mark A. Robinson
AidA Disney Theatricals An organization owned by the Walt Disney Company that produces Broadway musi- cals, Disney Theatricals has emerged as an important force in creating musical theater. It has produced several musicals based ...
by Karen Tracy, Cornelia Ilie, Todd Sandel
Empirical data collection and qualitative analysis: AIDA Action-implicative discourse analysis (AIDA) is a method specifically designed for use in GPT research (Tracy, 2005; Tracy & Craig, 2010). AIDA is a type of discourse analysis that also ...
by Helaine Selin
39; Aida Yasuaki JOCHI SHIGERU Aida Yasuaki, also called Aida Ammei, ...
Music Lovers' Encyclopedia (1919)
Containing a Pronouncing and Defining Dictionary of Terms, Instruments, &c., Including a Key to the Pronunciation of Sixteen Languages, Many Charts; an Explanation of the Construction of Music for the Uninitiated; a Pronouncing Biographical Dictionary; the Stories of the Operas; and Numerous Biographical and Critical Essays by Distinguished Authorities by Rupert Hughes
Aida (ii-e -da). Four-act opera. Book by A. Ghiz- landoni, from de Locle's version of an old Egyptian tradition. The opera was composed on a commission from the Khedive and first produced at Cairo, December 27, 1871. CHARACTERS. A'lDA ...
by Fioretta. Benedetto Mattia
AIDA American Independent Designers Association (U.S.A.). AIDA American Indicator Digest Average. American Stock Exchange. AIDA Association Internationale de ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aida
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aida
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Karen Gadbois
Photo credit: julia.abele
Photo credit: wildcellist
Iconic chain of cafeterias in Vienna.
Photo credit: Jen SFO-BCN
Photo credit: 1000zen
Photo credit: wildcellist
Photo credit: Lindy Buckley
Photo credit: wildcellist
(photo credit: ILRI).
Photo credit: International Livestock Research Institute
at Katara's amphitheatre
Photo credit: isapisa
Photo credit: l-i-n-k
part of the set for the Opera
Photo credit: wonderferret
- Aida 1980 in her CCNY hoodie
Aida in 1980 at 109 E153 St on the corner of River Ave, near the stadium.
Photo credit: distar97
- Aida leyendo
Aida esperando la comida en un VIPS con su edulectura.
Photo credit: XuRxO
- Aida konditorei
Photo credit: Metro Centric
- Aida Refugee Camp Entrance
Photo credit: amillionwaystobe
- Aida Arroyo as a cute bebe
Baby Aida Arroyo. Uncertain of location. Probably the Bronx.
Photo credit: distar97
- Aida Hadzialic
Aida Hadzialic, Gymnasie- och kunskapslyftsminister
Foto: Victor Svedberg
Photo credit: Socialdemokrater
- Aida's family
Photo credit: okieauntie
- AIDA Besucht NY HDR - AIDA Visit NY HDR
bei einer Schiffrundfahrt entdeckt
discovered during a boat trip
Photo credit: spatz_2011
View more pictures about Aida Cuevas.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Aida
Click on an item to play that video:
- Uda aida meaning Gurmukhi
Uda aida meaning Gurmukhi.
- Aida Meaning
Video shows what Aida means. in quiet use since the 1870s.. Aida Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Aida. Powered by ...
- Aida Nikolaychuk - Lullaby (English subtitles)
for subtitles press the button:) AIDA HAS WON X-FACTOR-3! Aida in Facebook...
- Triumphal March from Aida
Triumphal March from Aida by Giuseppe Verdi ; Metropolitan Opera House(1989)
- Complete Opera HD Verdi - Aida - Valdengo,Nelli,Tucker - Arturo Toscanini (1949)
- Verdi - Aida
All copyrights belong to their respective owners. no copyright infringement intended Giuseppe Verdi (1813 - 1901) Aida Vocals: M. Freni, J. Carreras, A. Baltsa, ...
- Giuseppe Verdi - Aida - Marcia Trionfale (Triumphal March)
Title : Giuseppe Verdi - Aida - Marcia Trionfale (Triumphal March)
See also the pronunciation examples of Aida!
Quotes about Aida
Scrabble value of A1I1D2A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Aida!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aida to see it in context!