On this page:
- Aiken: Founded in 1835, the city of Aiken was named after William Aiken, the president of the South Carolina Railroad. The town is the county seat of Aiken County, South Carolina, United States, which was formed in 1871 from parts of Orangeburg, Lexington, Edgefield, and Barnwell counties. With Augusta, Georgia, it is one of the two largest cities of the Central Savannah River Area. It is part of the Augusta-Richmond County Metropolitan Statistical Area. Aiken is home to the University of South Carolina at Aiken. The population was 29,494 at the 2010 census. Aiken was recognized with the All-America City Award in 1997 by the National Civic League.
- Aiken a.k.a. Aiken, Illinois: Aiken is an unincorporated community in Jo Daviess County, Illinois, United States, near the Iowa border. It was originally a whistle stop. It is located at latitude 42.353 and longitude -90.415.
- read more about Aiken, Illinois
- Aiken a.k.a. Aiken, Floyd County, Texas: Aiken is an unincorporated community in western Floyd County, Texas, United States. It lies along U.S. Route 70 north of the city of Floydada, the county seat of Floyd County. Its elevation is 3,300 feet. Although Aiken is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 79221.
- read more about Aiken, Floyd County, Texas
"Aiken" is a book by George Aiken.
- also known as "Aiken: Senate diary, January 1972-January 1975"
Aiken is a family name.
Phrases with Aiken
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Aiken
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Historic Destinations & Natural Wonders by Tom Poland
Aiken is a beautiful town of live oaks, resurrection ferns, dogwoods, ivy and brick walls. Best of all, it is an easy drive away. If you go: • For more information about the Willcox Inn, visit www.thewillcox. com ...
Official register (1921)
Aiken is a republican in politics and was elected representative of the Fifty- ninth district in 1920. CHARLES S. ALDKICH Representative from Marion county, was born September 6, 1855, in Pleasant Grove township, Marlon county, Iowa.
Double Play at Short (2009)
by Matt Christopher
“You know, 'Aiken is a superstar hitter and fielder' and all that. They also mentioned that Tammy was adopted.” Mr. and Mrs. Walker stopped talking. They looked at each other strangely. Then, for the second night in a row, Mrs. Walker rushed ...
Places to Live and Play in Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas by Dennis J. Phillips
between Georgia and South Carolina, Aiken is an equine city. The city's sandy terrain and mild climate provide the perfect setting for equestrian sports. Many area horse farms have produced national champions. The animals share the roads ...
Reforming America: A Thematic Encyclopedia and Document Collection of the Progressive Era [2 volumes] (2017)
by Jeffrey A. Johnson
GUY AIKEN is a doctoral candidate in American religions at the University of Virginia. PETER ALTER is the Historian and Director of the Studs Terkel Center for Oral History at the Chicago History Museum. CHRISTOPHER J. E. ANDERSON is ...
by Benjamin Franklin V
A ward of Jenkins Orphanage, Aiken played in its bands by approximately 1912 and performed with one of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aiken
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aiken
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Aiken Drum.
Video about Aiken
Aiken Drum (Great for ESL teachers, students)
Song with sketch book.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aiken!
Quotes about Aiken
Scrabble value of A1I1K5E1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIKEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aiken!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aiken to see it in context!