On this page:
- Definition of the adjective ain
- Phrases with Ain
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ain
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ain
- Photos about Ain
- Videos about Ain
- Sign language
- Quotes about Ain
- Scrabble value of A1I1N1
- Anagrams of AIN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective ain
What does ain mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself); preceded by a possessive
- Ain is a department named after the Ain River on the eastern edge of France. Being part of the region Rhône-Alpes and bordered by the rivers Saône and Rhône, the department of Ain enjoys a privileged geographic situation. It has an excellent transport network and benefits from the proximity to the international airports of Lyon and Geneva.
- The Ain is a river in eastern France. It gave its name to the Ain departements. In the Franco-Provençal language it is known as the En.
- Ain a.k.a. Aín is a town in eastern Spain, in the province of Castellón, part of the autonomous community of Valencia.
- Ain a.k.a. Wainwright Airport is a public use airport located in Wainwright, a city in the North Slope Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. The airport is owned by the North Slope Borough.
- also known as فرودگاه وینرایت
- part of United States of America
- Ain was a Levite town in the ancient Tribe of Judah territory. It is referenced in the Bible in the Book of Joshua as one of the southernmost cities of the children of Judah, towards the coast of Edom, on the border of the Negev between Shilhim and Rimmon.
Who is Ain?
AIN is a musical artist.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Natsumen (Guitar)
Ain is a musical group.
- album: "Vastness"
"Ain" is a musical album of Tamerlan.
- Ain a.k.a. Ainu Language: Ainu is the sole survivor of the Ainu languages, spoken by members of the Ainu ethnic group on the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido.
- also known as Ainu Itak, Ainu
- Ain: In Irish mythology, Ain and her sister wrote the Brehon Laws which protected the rights of women.
- Ain: An ain is a spring in North Africa, which reaches the surface as a result of an artesian basin and is of particular importance in arid regions. It can produce a flow of water directly or result in evaporitic saline crusts. Known examples are found in the oases of the Tunisian region of Bled el Djerid and in the entire area around the depressions of Chott el Djerid and Chott el Gharsa. Here, there are water-bearing strata, usually of sand or sandstone, that act as aquifers in their function.
- AIN is a website.
- also known as AIN Airport Code, Wainwright Airport, Airport Code AIN
- Ain is a software.
- Ain is a file format.
Phrases with Ain
Phrases ending with the word Ain:
Other phrases containing the word Ain:
- If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It
- It Ain't Over 'til the Fat Lady Sings
- Well Ain't That the Catfish in the Trap
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ain
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Fellow of the British Academy and Senior Research Fellow Jeremy Butterfield, Jeremy Butterfield
ain't. 1 Ain't is one of the most controversial words in current English, ...
Volume 35 - Supplement 20: Acquiring Task-Based Knowledge and Specifications to Seek Time Evaluation by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
However, in 1989 Bellcore has proposed a new IN architecture for the 1995 time scale, known as Advanced Intelligent Network (AIN) concept, replacing IN-1 + and IN-2 because there was no smooth evolution possible from the exisiting ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ain
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ain
Click on an item to view that photo:
The bottom image is of a meeting. The top is where the birds didn't fly the coup.
Photo credit: danbuck57313
vers le sud
Photo credit: Julien Carnot
Photo credit: -ARING-
- Noor Ain
Photo credit: emannyahaya
- Ain Draham
Photo credit: Star Dance
- Bat Ain, Gush Etzion
Photo credit: Yair Aronshtam
- Retour dans l'Ain
Photo credit: [email protected] Néel
- Koocha e Saadi - Ishq Ka Ain
Un se milna koi muhaal nahin;
Un se milney ki aarzoo kar lo.
Do qadam raigaan huay tou kia;
Do qadam aur justujoo kar lo.
Photo credit: meemainseen
View more pictures about Al Ain.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ain
Click on an item to play that video:
- How to use the word AIN'T in English (slang lesson)
- Ain't meaning and pronunciation
Is now in a dictionary Ain't definition by Urban Dictionary.
- Expression: The meaning of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Smartphone users! If you can't read the board because it's too small...
- Expression: Meaning of "it ain't over till the fat lady sings"
Smartphone users! If you can't read the board because it's too small...
- Intermediate Learning English Lesson 11 - If it ain't broke - Vocabulary and Pronunciation
This is a new intermediate English series of lessons. It will help you learn new vocabulary definitions and uses while providing some clear reading to learn ...
- Ain't Meaning
Video shows what ain't means. Am not.. Are not, aren't; is not, isn't; am not.. Have not, haven't; has not, hasn't, when used as an auxiliary.. Ain't Meaning. How to ...
- Rudimental - Love Ain't Just A Word - at New Slang, Kingston
grab the album from...
- It ain't trickin if you got it meaning and pronunciation
It's a way for someone to justify spending money on chicks without looking like a trick. it's not trickin if you got the money to spend. It ain't trickin if you got it ...
- Soul Definition - Ain't no Mountain (audio)
- TuesdaysWithTeeJ.com - "Oops" Ain't in God's Vocabulary!
- Ain tahmamine en haute definition
- Soul Definition - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Cover)
Here's a teaser of the fantastic Motown band 'Soul Definition' and their cover of 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' who will be performing live at Sandbar on the ...
- Explanation, Eat Randy, and It Ain't No Party Like an S Club Party!!
- Intermediate Learning English Lesson 11 If it ain't broke Vocabulary and Pronunciation
- Aging Ain't for Sissies - Conscious Aging - Day 20 - Personal Definition of Aging
- Everything ain't about you/ The definition of mean is so misunderstood.
- Part Explanation to a Friend (Weezer - Say it Ain't So)
- Ain'tcha Meaning
Video shows what ain'tcha means. aren't you. haven't you. Ain'tcha Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ain'tcha. Powered by ...
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it Meaning
Video shows what if it ain't broke, don't fix it means. Leave something alone, avoid attempting to correct, fix, or improve what is already sufficient. (Often with an ...
- It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings Meaning
Video shows what it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings means. There are more developments yet to come.. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings Meaning. How to ...
- Usage, Vernacular, Expression, Spoken Language, OMG Ain't Proper English, Internet Orthodoxy
change, concepts and the simpler way of saying things...what is a googleite? is there a better word? should you make up words? ain't it the truth? aint' common ...
- Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Line Dance (with steps description)
32-Count 4-Wall Level: Intermediate Choreographed by Kim-Fundanzer Music: Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough by Patty Smyth & Don Henley One Restart, ...
- Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Trial Demo (with steps description)
- Love ain't a thing, love is a verb.
- This ain't goodbye (ESL)
- "The Future Ain't What It Used To Be" - The English Language
- AAA - Ain't ain't in the dictionary!
See also the pronunciation examples of Ain!
Sign language: Ain't no rest for the wicked
Jonathan signing a song in mrs Phillips ask class.
Quotes about Ain
There ain't no sin and there ain't no virtue. There's just stuff people do. It's all part of the same thing. And some of the things folks do is nice, and some ain't nice, but that's as far as any man got a right to say. (John Steinbeck)
more quotes about ain...
Scrabble value of A1I1N1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ain!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ain to see it in context!