On this page:
- Aion is a Japanese metal band from Osaka, formed in 1983 by guitarist Izumi. Aion are considered to be important to the formation of visual kei, credited as being one of the bands to start the movement in the early '80s. They were also one of the most successful Japanese heavy metal bands of the early '90s, charting on the Oricon music chart and touring with big bands such as Luna Sea. As of 2010 they have released 15 full albums, 6 singles, 2 EPs and more than 10 VHS/DVD.
- genres: Heavy metal, Thrash metal, Power metal, Speed metal
- albums: "Absolute", "Aion", "Z", "Aionism", "Deathrash Bound", "Freak-Out", "Human Griefman", "Ceremony of Cross Out", "NINE BELLS", "Judge of Death Line", "Threatened Species Mania", "Black Heart", "Sei・Aion", "Manners of Kill and Wound", "Aion -Aion-", "Magnitude (All English)", "EVE", "Sister", "Plasmatic Mania", "MA-G-MA", "Mithras"
- official website: deathrash-bound.com
- Aion was a Polish gothic metal band formed in 1996.
- "Aion" is the fifth studio album by Dead Can Dance, released in 1990. The first album Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry wrote after the end of their romantic partnership, it was recorded at Perry's new estate, Quivvy Church in Ireland.
- "Aion" is an album by the Finnish rock group CMX. The word Aion is Ancient Greek for "age, life-force" and also a Finnish verb form meaning "I intend".
- genre: Progressive rock
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Aion": Aion -Aion-, or simply Aion, is the 4th album released by the Japanese metal band Aion. The band's catchphrase "Deathrash Bound" is written on the cover, and since the album's full title is only written on the side, this is often mistaken to be the album's title. The term appears on several of their albums, later the band created their own record label entitled "Deathrash Bound". The first pressing came in a cardboard slipcover. A PV for the song "Aion -Aion-" was made to promote the album. This is their last full-length album to feature drummer S.A.B, until his return on their 2000 album Sister.
- "AION" is a musical album of Ondrej Tvarozek.
- released on
- "Aion" is a musical album of Figure of Six.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Aion" is a musical album of Fatima Hill.
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Aion" is a musical album of Muhr.
- released on (10 years ago)
"Aion" a.k.a. "Aion: The Tower of Eternity" is a video game.
- read more about Aion: The Tower of Eternity
Aion is a fictional character from the 2003 tv series Chrono Crusade.
Aion is a record label.
- Aion is a Hellenistic deity associated with time, the orb or circle encompassing the universe, and the zodiac. The "time" represented by Aion is unbounded, in contrast to Chronos as empirical time divided into past, present, and future. He is thus a god of eternity, associated with mystery religions concerned with the afterlife, such as the mysteries of Cybele, Dionysus, Orpheus, and Mithras. In Latin the concept of the deity may appear as Aevum or Saeculum. He is typically in the company of an earth or mother goddess such as Tellus or Cybele, as on the Parabiago plate.
- Aion is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yuna Kagesaki. The series was published in Japan by Fujimi Shobo and serialized in Monthly Dragon Age magazine. The manga has been distributed in English by Tokyopop. The story is about an immortal girl, Seine Miyazaki, and an orphan boy, Tatsuya Tsugawa, who gets involved with her.
- also known as Hekikai no AiON
- Aion: ΑΙΟΝ S.A. is the company owning a large retail network of handmade oriental carpets in Greece. Its headquarters are located in Athens and 12 of its retail stores are situated in Athens, 1 in Thessaloniki and 1 in Ioannina. In 2008 AION S.A. opened its first retail store outside Greece, in Bucharest, Romania. The company owns offices, R&D studios and quality control branches in Persia, India, Afghanistan, Tibet, and Pakistan.
- official website: www.aion.gr
- Aion a.k.a. Ambakich Language: Aion AKA Ambakich is a Ramu language of Papua New Guinea. It is only spoken by adults; children grow up speaking Tok Pisin.
- read more about Ambakich Language
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ann Murphy, Leandra Lederman
Motion of Fodorial Tax Lion Trust Fund THXE; Yoji if Rightā āā H THE Foy of Iihor Irigorialis FäEth Aion is a legal daim agains: all your outer and Mulure property, Whom You don't pay your first blo or saxha duo, alon H. crantod by law and also ...
The Real Middle Earth (2015)
Exploring the Magic and Mystery of the Middle Ages, J.R.R. Tolkien, and "The Lord of the Rings" by Brian Bates
Aion is a Greek word that denotes the sap of life, and hence a lifespan; later it came to mean an epoch, or an 'age';. The Cycles of Time At the heart of the dragon stories lies the fact that the peoples of the real Middle-earth had a conception of ...
Toward Cinema and Its Double (2001)
Cross-cultural Mimesis by Laleen Jayamanne
Mack Swain, the weight and the thickness of the present — by another name, Chronos — is Chaplin's mortal enemy; Aion is that aspect of time whose eternal movement Chaplin keeps showing us even as we enter the electronic and digital era ...
Or, Dictionary of the Bible, Theology, Religious Biography, All Religions, Ecclesiastical History, and Missions by John Newton Brown, George Palmer Tyler
Aion is a derivative from ad, always, and on the present particle of the verb eimi, to be. Its primary and proper signification, therefore, is always- being,or ...
The Outlook (1874)
Grote translates him thus: “The word aion is a divine expression proposed by the ancient philosophers. They call the aion of each creature that end which circumscribes the natural duration of the creature's life.” Damm derives the word from a, ...
A rhyming dictionary (1865)
by John Walker
E-mia'aion A throwing out; vent; shooting, s. De-mis' sion A degrading ; a lessening, s. Ee-mis'sion An abatement ; release ; pardon, s. Im-mis'sion A sending in, s. Qui million A trust ; warrant of office, s. To corn-mission To empower ; to appoint ...
Dictionary of Alchemy (2004)
From Maria Prophetessa to Isaac Newton by Mark Haeffner
by Karel van der Toorn, Bob Becking, Pieter Willem van der Horst
identified Aion with Persian zervan akarana, 'the endless time', and believed it a deity with a real...
by Eugene B. Young
Whereas Chronos was inseparable from the bodies which filled it out entirely as causes and matter, Aion is populated by effects which haunt it without ever filling it up. Whereas Chronos was limited and infinite, Aion is unlimited, the way that ...
Abridged in One Volume by Gerhard Kittel, Gerhard Friedrich, Geoffrey W. Bromiley
aion [age, aeon], aidnios [eternal] aion. A. The Nonbiblical Use. Meanings are a. "vital force," b. "lifetime," c. "age" or "generation," d. "time," and e. "eternity." The term is used in philosophical discussions of time, usually for ...
Anterior Interosseous Nerve Syndrome The AION branches off from the median nerve approximately 5–8-cm distal to the lateral epicondyle, and it is the last major branch of the median nerve. It innervates three muscles in the forearm: FPL , ...
The Encyclopedia of Angels (2004)
by Rosemary Guiley
Aeon (aion in Greek) means “eternity” or “eternal realm.” The Gnostics conceived of the HEAVENS as a series of concentric spheres called aeons. Basilides enumerated 365 aeons, though others counted far fewer, up to 30. The chiefs of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aion
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Smith190
Photo credit: Xubaet
Photo credit: Alt-x
- Aion preselection
Kuura 1 level Mage is waiting for play (EU-Server: Perento)
Photo credit: Alt-x
- Aion booth
Photo credit: jpob
- Aion Community party
Loud and smoky, but populated by a few of the best CMs in the business. It balanced out. <3
Photo credit: jpob
Video language resources about Aion
Click on an item to play that video:
- AION Meaning
Video shows what AION means. Anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (UK), Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (US).. AION Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Aion - SR run with gladiator (skill explanation at the end)
download aion at...
- AION - Lazy Language Lessons
- Aion Chat Font+Combat font and Combat Language Edited
- AION description des personnages Par Melioseify
Scrabble value of A1I1O1N1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Aion!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aion to find many related words and phrases!