On this page:
- Definition of the noun air force
- Phrases with Air force
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Air force
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Air force
- Photos about Air force
- Videos about Air force
- Quotes about Air force
- Anagrams of AIR FORCE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun air force
What does air force mean as a name of something?
- the airborne branch of a country's armed forces
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- alternative spelling: airforce
- more generic terms: armed service / military service / service = a force that is a branch of the armed forces
- more specific terms:
- member: air unit = a military unit that is part of the airforce
- the airforce of the United States of America; the agency that defends the United States through control and exploitation of air and space
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of Air Force: U. S. Air Force / United States Air Force / US Air Force / USAF
- more generic terms: agency / authority / bureau / federal agency / government agency / office = an administrative unit of government
- part of: Defense / Defense Department / Department of Defense / DoD / United States Department of Defense = the federal department responsible for safeguarding national security of the United States
- Air Force Research Laboratory / AFRL = a United States Air Force defense laboratory responsible for discovering and developing and integrating fighting technologies for aerospace forces
- United States Air Force Academy / US Air Force Academy = a school for training men and women to become officers in the United States Air Force
- Air Combat Command / ACC = a command that is the primary provider of air combat weapon systems to the United States Air Force
- Air Force Space Command / AFSPC = a command of the United States Air Force that is responsible for defending the United States through its space and intercontinental ballistic missile operations
- Air National Guard / ANG = a civilian reserve component of the United States Air Force that provides prompt mobilization during war and assistance during national emergencies
- Air Force Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance / Air Force ISR / AFISR = an agency focused on ensuring that the United States military attains information superiority
Alternative definition of the noun air force
- A branch of the military mainly devoted to air warfare, as opposed to (land) army and navy
- a unit in the U.S. Air Force larger than a division but smaller than a command
"Air Force" is a 1943 American black-and-white war film from Warner Bros. Pictures, produced by Hal B. Wallis and Jack Warner, directed by Howard Hawks, and starring John Garfield, John Ridgely, Harry Carey, and Gig Young.
- also known as Airforce
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Japanese Language
- producer: Hal B. Wallis
- executive producer: Jack L. Warner
- art direction by John Hughes
- written by Dudley Nichols, William Faulkner, Leah Baird & Arthur T. Horman
- Gig Young as Co-Pilot
- John Ridgely as Pilot
- John Garfield as Aerial Gunner
- Harry Carey as Crew Chief
- Stanley Ridges as Major Mallory
- George Tobias as Assistant Crew Chief
- Charles Drake as Navigator
- Arthur Kennedy as Bombardier
- Willard Robertson as Colonel at Hickam Field
- James Brown as Pursuit Pilot
- Ward Wood as Radio Operator
- Ray Montgomery as Assistant Radio Operator
- Moroni Olsen as Col. Blake
- Edward Brophy as Marine Sgt. J.J. Callahan
- cinematography by James Wong Howe, Elmer Dyer, Charles A. Marshall
- edited by George Amy
- music by Franz Waxman, Leo F. Forbstein
- costume design by Milo Anderson
- set decoration by Walter F. Tilford
- genres: War film, Action Film, Historical fiction, Adventure Film, Drama
- subjects: World War II, Aviation
- tagline: The name of their love was Mary Ann.
- released on (72 years ago)
- Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Dudley Nichols
- Academy Award for Best Cinematography, Black-and-White nomination for Elmer Dyer, James Wong Howe, Charles A. Marshall
- Academy Award for Best Film Editing nomination for George Amy
- Academy Award for Best Visual Effects nomination for Rex Wimpy, Nathan Levinson, Hans F. Koenekamp
- Academy Award for Best Film Editing, received by George Amy
"Air Force" is a musical single of Kunich.
- released on (8 years ago)
Air Force a.k.a. The United States Air Force Academy, is a military academy for officer candidates for the United States Air Force. Its campus is located immediately north of Colorado Springs in El Paso County, Colorado, United States. The Academy's stated mission is "to educate, train, and inspire men and women to become officers of character, motivated to lead the United States Air Force in service to our nation." It is the youngest of the five United States service academies, having graduated its first class in 1959. Graduates of the Academy's four-year program receive a Bachelor of Science degree, and are commissioned as second lieutenants in the United States Air Force. The Academy is also one of the largest tourist attractions in Colorado, attracting more than a million visitors each year.
- read more about United States Air Force Academy
- Air force: An air force, also known in some countries as an air army, is in the broadest sense, the national military organization that primarily conducts aerial warfare.
- also known as air defense force, air defense organization, air army, air branch, air force branch, aerial force, aerial warfare service branch
- Air Force is the newspaper published for the Royal Australian Air Force. The paper is produced fortnightly and is uploaded online so that members can access it when deployed overseas.
- official website: www.defence.gov.au/news/raafnews
- Air Force: In the light of September 11 and the Bali bombing, Australia is reassessing its strategic and security focus. Our defence forces must rethink their approaches, with the new concerns of the threat of terrorism and the RAAF’s aging aircraft. At the same time, science offers a new world of unmanned aircraft, space defence systems and new radar that will change the air forces of tomorrow.
Phrases with Air force
Phrases starting with Air force:
- air force isr
- air force academy
- air force officer
- air force space command
- air force research laboratory
- Air Force Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance
Phrases ending with Air force:
Other phrases containing Air force:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Air force
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Walter J. Boyne
Repubblicana AAF Argentine Air Force AOC air officer commanding AAMs air-to-air missiles ARM antiradiation missile AB Agusta-Bell ...
by Glenmore S. Trenear-Harvey
AFESC Air Force Electronic Security Command AFOSI Air Force Office of Special Investigations AFSA Armed Forces Security Agency AFSS Air Force Security Service AIA Air Intelligence Agency ARIES Airborne Reconnaissance Integrated ...
Encyclopedia of Deception (2014)
by Timothy R. Levine
Air Force in 1953 because UFOs were also observed in other shapes. In addition, UFOs were observed as aerodynamic vehicles engaging in flight dynamics that were unlike those of known aircrafts or ...
by Jan Onofrio
Air Force plan. According to this idea, the central air striking force would be under the top command of the army. Instead of nine corps area commanders overseeing the control of ...
Encyclopedia of World War II (2007)
by Alan Axelrod, Jack A. Kingston
Solution Finland campaign of 1944 flamethrower Fletcher, Frank flying boat Flying Tigers Foertsch, Hermann Forrestal, James Fortress Eben Emael foxhole France France, air force of France, army of France, Battle of France, navy of Franco, ...
by Lawrence R. Sullivan, Nancy Y. Liu
A amperes Academy of Aerospace Solid Propulsion Technology alternating current All-China Confederation of Natural Science Automatic Computing Engine Agri-Energy Roundtable Armed Forces Engineering Institute Air Force Engineering ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Air force
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Air force
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: DavidB30906
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Air force
Click on an item to play that video:
- Air Force Meaning
Video shows what Air Force means. The United States Air Force.. Sports teams representing the United States Air Force Academy.. Air Force Meaning. How to ...
- Air force Meaning
Video shows what air force means. A branch of the military mainly devoted to air warfare, as opposed to (land) army and navy. a unit in the U.S. Air Force larger ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = air force
- Air Force Culture and Language Interactive Scenario Based Game
Culture and Language Interactive Scenario Based Game worked on at the Air Force Culture and Language Center (2010).
- Air force song in Cat language
An easy way to make up lyrics when you forget a song is to sing it like a cat.
- Pieces of Skill vs Air Force Two ESL RO16 9/20
See also the pronunciation examples of Air force!
Quotes about Air force
Anagrams of AIR FORCE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Air force!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Air force to see it in context!