On this page:
Definition of the noun air unit
What does air unit mean as a name of something?
- a military unit that is part of the airforce
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- more generic terms: force / military force / military group / military unit = a unit that is part of some military service
- more specific terms:
- air division / division = a unit of the United States Air Force usually comprising two or more wings
- wing = a unit of military aircraft
- air group = a unit of the United States Air Force larger than a squadron and smaller than a wing
- squadron = an air force unit larger than a flight and smaller than a group
- flight = an air force unit smaller than a squadron
- member of: air force / airforce = the airborne branch of a country's armed forces
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Air Unit
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Glenmore S. Trenear-Harvey
SIS's air unit, designated as Section IV, was founded in 1930 by Winterbotham, who would be succeeded in 1943 ...
Cybersecurity Lexicon (2016)
by Luis Ayala
A large air handler that conditions 100% outside air, and no recirculated air, is a makeup air unit (MAU). An air handler designed for outdoor use, typically on roof, is a package unit (PU) or rooftop unit (RTU). Small air handlers, called terminal ...
by Cathal J. Nolan
flight: the smallest air unit, often used for specific missions or routine patrolling; (2) squadron: the foundation unit of an air force; (3) group: two or more squadrons and a substantial headquarters; (4) wing: a large unit, ...
air m d'appoint aria f di ricambio pótlevegö suppletielucht f powietrze n uzdatnione дополнительно подаваемый воздух т korvausilma tillskottsluft с make up air unit sekundœr luftunit Außenluftaufbereitungsgerät n unidad de renovación de ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
fau faucet; field action units; fixed asset utilization; forced air unit fau (FAU) fine-alignment unit FAU Flight Attendants Union; Florida Atlantic University; Friends' Ambulance Unit; Fugitive ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Air Unit
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Air Unit
Click on an item to view that photo:
Air Unit Fighting Palisade Fire
Photo credit: Jeremy-R-Michael
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of AIR UNIT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- TIAN RUI
See also the blanagrams of Air Unit!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Air Unit to learn how to say it correctly!