On this page:
Definition of the noun air unit
What does air unit mean as a name of something?
- a military unit that is part of the airforce
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- more generic terms: force / military force / military group / military unit = a unit that is part of some military service
- more specific terms:
- air division / division = a unit of the United States Air Force usually comprising two or more wings
- wing = a unit of military aircraft
- air group = a unit of the United States Air Force larger than a squadron and smaller than a wing
- squadron = an air force unit larger than a flight and smaller than a group
- flight = an air force unit smaller than a squadron
- member of: air force / airforce = the airborne branch of a country's armed forces
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Air Unit
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Cybersecurity Lexicon (2016)
by Luis Ayala
A large air handler that conditions 100% outside air, and no recirculated air, is a makeup air unit (MAU). An air handler designed for outdoor use, typically on roof, is a package unit (PU) or rooftop unit (RTU). Small air handlers, called terminal ...
by Cathal J. Nolan
flight: the smallest air unit, often used for specific missions or routine patrolling; (2) squadron: the foundation unit of an air force; (3) group: two or more squadrons and a substantial headquarters; (4) wing: a large unit, ...
by Glenmore S. Trenear-Harvey
SIS's air unit, designated as Section IV, was founded in 1930 by Winterbotham, who would be succeeded in 1943 by Squadron- Leader John Perkins.
air m d'appoint aria f di ricambio pótlevegö suppletielucht f powietrze n uzdatnione дополнительно подаваемый воздух т korvausilma tillskottsluft с make up air unit sekundœr luftunit Außenluftaufbereitungsgerät n unidad de renovación de ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
fau faucet; field action units; fixed asset utilization; forced air unit fau (FAU) fine-alignment unit FAU Flight Attendants Union; Florida Atlantic University; Friends' Ambulance Unit; Fugitive ...
A Critical Encyclopedia by Brian Regal
Believers argue that an alien ship crash landed in the Roswell area while observing military operations at the local air base (where what was at the time the only nuclear bomb-armed air unit was stationed) and at the nearby White Sands test ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Air Unit
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Air Unit
Air Unit Fighting Palisade Fire
Photo credit: Jeremy-R-Michael
Anagrams of AIR UNIT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- TIAN RUI
See also the blanagrams of Air Unit!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Air Unit to learn how to say it correctly!