The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun air hostess:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun air hostess
What does air hostess mean as a name of something?
- a woman steward on an airplane
Alternative definition of the noun air hostess
- A female flight attendant.
- Air hostess a.k.a. Linda is a fictional character in the 2009 drama film Mammoth.
- read more about Linda
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2010 film Kandahar.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2011 Thai film Teng Nong Jee Worn Bin.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from Modiga Mindre Män.
- Air hostess is a fictional film character.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from Die Another Day.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 1994 film Chungking Express.
- Air hostess is a fictional character from the 1963 film Ro.Go.Pa.G. appearing in the segment "Illibatezza".
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2011 drama film Winnie.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from Grand Slam.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 1977 film The Strange Case of the End of Civilization as We Know It.
- in the film "The Strange Case of the End of Civilization as We Know It", played by Holly Palance
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2000 film Freewheeling.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 1965 film The Family Jewels.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 1981 romantic comedy film Chasing Girls.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 1951 film Jungle Treasure.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2005 film Salaam Namaste.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2011 film Killer Elite.
- Air hostess is a fictional character from the 2012 film Last Flight to Abuja.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2011 film 360.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2010 film Terrorist.
- Air Hostess is a fictional character from the 2011 film You Don’t Get Life a Second Time.
- Air Hostess is a fictional film character.
"Air Hostess" is a song by English pop rock band Busted. Composed by the band along with Tom Fletcher of McFly, it was released on 23 April 2004 as the third single from their second studio album A Present for Everyone, and reached number two on the UK Singles Chart.
"Air hostess" is a book by Jack Stark.
- "Air Hostess" is a 1933 drama film directed by Albert S. Rogell.
- "Air Hostess": Three young women - Lin Keping, Chen Huan and Zhu Xinjuan - aspire to become air hostesses, a prestigious profession for single women in mid-20th century Asia. Keping wants to exert her independence from her overbearing mother, Xinjuan wants to live the glamorous, cosmopolitan life, and Huan just wants to go along so that she can be with her two best friends. As they go through the tough training required of the profession, not all of them will meet the requirements to attain such a desirable profession. The first film to be produced in color by MP & GI, this 1959 film was another popular star vehicle for the beautiful and talented actress Grace Chang.
- "Air Hostess" is a 1949 action, adventure, romance and drama film written by Louise Rousseau , Robert Libott and Frank Burt and directed by Lew Landers.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Wallace MacDonald
- art direction by Harold H. MacArthur
- written by Robert Libott & Frank Burt
- based on a story by Louise Rousseau
- cinematography by Allen G. Siegler
- edited by James Sweeney
- set decoration by Frank Kramer
- genres: Adventure Film, Action Film, Romance Film, Drama
- released on (65 years ago)
- Air Hostess was a Hindi TV series which was aired on DD National in 1986. It featured Kitu Gidwani in the lead role.
- country: India
- Air Hostess is a 1980 Indian Malayalam film, directed by P Chandrakumar and produced by . The film stars Prem Nazir, Rajani Sharma, Jagathy Sreekumar and Jose Prakash in lead roles. The film had musical score by Salil Chowdhary.
- country: India
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Air Hostess
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by V.S. Matyushenkov
air hostess Br. and Aus. obs. flight attendant, stewardess. airing cupboardBr. closet arounda hotwaterpipe todry clothes: Ihave seenthemshoved ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
US, 1970 hostie nounan air hostess AUSTRALIA, 1960.
by S. Medlik
air hostess See flight attendant air mile See mile Air Miles A promotional scheme operated by British Airways of awarding points when purchasing certain goods and services which may be ...
Heinemann English Dictionary (2001)
by Martin Manser
air hostess noun (plural ...
by Martin H. Manser, Turton, Nigel D. Turton
air force the branch of a country's armed services for air warfare and defence, air hostess a stewardess on an aeroplane, air letter a sheet ...
School Dictionary (1995)
by C. M. Schwarz
noun air hostess a woman whose duty is to serve and look after the passengers on aircraft . - adverb airily ligntheartedly. - noun airing the act of exposing to the air. - adjective airless. - noun airlock a bubble in a pipe obstructing the flow of a ...
by Verité Reily Collins
air hostess (n) female who serves and looks after passengers on an aircraft. airlane (n) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Air Hostess
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Air Hostess
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Air Hostess
Air hostess Meaning
Video shows what air hostess means. A female flight attendant.. air hostess synonyms: stewardess, trolley dolly. Air hostess Meaning. How to pronounce ...
Anagrams of AIR HOSTESS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Air Hostess!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Air Hostess to see it in context!