On this page:
"Air-force" a.k.a. "Air Force" is a 1943 American black-and-white war film from Warner Bros. Pictures, produced by Hal B. Wallis and Jack Warner, directed by Howard Hawks, and starring John Garfield, John Ridgely, Harry Carey, and Gig Young.
- also known as Airforce
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Japanese Language
- producer: Hal B. Wallis
- executive producer: Jack Warner
- art direction by John Hughes
- written by Dudley Nichols, William Faulkner, Leah Baird & Arthur T. Horman
- Gig Young as Co-Pilot
- John Ridgely as Pilot
- John Garfield as Aerial Gunner
- Harry Carey as Crew Chief
- Stanley Ridges as Major Mallory
- George Tobias as Assistant Crew Chief
- Charles Drake as Navigator
- Arthur Kennedy as Bombardier
- Willard Robertson as Colonel at Hickam Field
- James Brown as Pursuit Pilot
- Ward Wood as Radio Operator
- Ray Montgomery as Assistant Radio Operator
- Moroni Olsen as Col. Blake
- Edward Brophy as Marine Sgt. J.J. Callahan
- cinematography by James Wong Howe, Elmer Dyer, Charles A. Marshall
- edited by George Amy
- music by Franz Waxman, Leo F. Forbstein
- costume design by Milo Anderson
- set decoration by Walter F. Tilford
- genres: War film, Action Film, Historical fiction, Adventure Film, Drama
- subjects: World War II, Aviation
- tagline: The name of their love was Mary Ann.
- released on (72 years ago)
- Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Dudley Nichols
- Academy Award for Best Cinematography, Black-and-White nomination for Elmer Dyer, James Wong Howe, Charles A. Marshall
- Academy Award for Best Film Editing nomination for George Amy
- Academy Award for Best Visual Effects nomination for Rex Wimpy, Nathan Levinson, Hans F. Koenekamp
- Academy Award for Best Film Editing, received by George Amy
"Air-force" a.k.a. "Air Force" is a musical single of Kunich.
- released on (8 years ago)
Air-force a.k.a. The United States Air Force Academy, is a military academy for officer candidates for the United States Air Force. Its campus is located immediately north of Colorado Springs in El Paso County, Colorado, United States. The Academy's stated mission is "to educate, train, and inspire men and women to become officers of character, motivated to lead the United States Air Force in service to our nation." It is the youngest of the five United States service academies, having graduated its first class in 1959. Graduates of the Academy's four-year program receive a Bachelor of Science degree, and are commissioned as second lieutenants in the United States Air Force. The Academy is also one of the largest tourist attractions in Colorado, attracting more than a million visitors each year.
- also known as Air Force Academy; United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs; United States Air Force Academy, main campus; Air Force; USAFA
- part of Colorado Springs, El Paso County, United States of America, Colorado
- official website: www.usafa.edu
- Air-force a.k.a. Air force: An air force, also known in some countries as an air army, is in the broadest sense, the national military organization that primarily conducts aerial warfare.
- also known as air defense force, air defense organization, air army, air branch, air force branch, aerial force, aerial warfare service branch
- Air-force a.k.a. Air Force is the newspaper published for the Royal Australian Air Force. The paper is produced fortnightly and is uploaded online so that members can access it when deployed overseas.
- official website: www.defence.gov.au/news/raafnews
- Air-force a.k.a. Air Force: In the light of September 11 and the Bali bombing, Australia is reassessing its strategic and security focus. Our defence forces must rethink their approaches, with the new concerns of the threat of terrorism and the RAAF’s aging aircraft. At the same time, science offers a new world of unmanned aircraft, space defence systems and new radar that will change the air forces of tomorrow.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Air-Force
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Air-Force
Anagrams of AIR-FORCE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Air-Force!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Air-Force to see it in context!