On this page:
- Definition of the noun Airbag
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airbag
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airbag
- Photos about Airbag
- Video language resources about Airbag
- Quotes about Airbag
- Scrabble value of A1I1R1B3A1G2
- Anagrams of AIRBAG
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Airbag
What does Airbag mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airbags
- A protective system in automobiles in which when a crash occurs, a bag containing nitrogen, formed by the explosive decomposition of sodium azide, quickly inflates in front of the driver or passenger, preventing injury to the head. Side air bags, including the back seat passengers, also prevent injury.
- [slang] A person who talks too much; a windbag or gossip.
"Airbag" is a 1997 action comedy film directed by Juanma Bajo Ulloa.
- countries: Germany, Portugal, Spain
- languages: Spanish Language, Portuguese Language
- executive producers: Adrian Lipp & Iñaki Burutxaga
- art direction by Satur Idarreta, Nuria San Juan, Julio Torrecilla
- written by Juanma Bajo Ulloa, Fernando Guillén Cuervo, Karra Elejalde
- based on a story by Karra Elejalde
- Manuel Manquiña as Pazos
- Fernando Guillén Cuervo as Konradín
- Alberto San Juan as Pako
- Francisco Rabal as Villambrosa
- Maria de Medeiros as Fátima do Espíritu Santo
- Javier Bardem as José Alberto 'Amor Obsoleto'
- Rosa Maria Sardà as Aurora
- Karra Elejalde as Juantxo
- Luis Cuenca as Souza
- Pilar Bardem as La Herme
- Karlos Arguiñano as Don Serafín
- Albert Pla as Sacerdote
- Vicenta Ndongo as Vanessa
- Raquel Merono as Araceli
- Fernando Sansegundo as Touriño
- casting by Sara Bilbatua
- cinematography by Gonzalo F. Berridi
- edited by Pablo Blanco
- music by Bingen Mendizábal
- costume design by Bina Daigeler
- genres: Action Film, Crime Fiction, Comedy, Thriller
- released on (17 years ago)
- Goya Award for Best New Actor nomination for Manuel Manquiña
- Goya Award for Best Editing nomination for Pablo Blanco
- Goya Award for Best Special Effects nomination for Juan Ramón Molina
- British Independent Film Award for Best Foreign Independent Film - Foreign Language nomination for Juanma Bajo Ulloa
- Goya Award for Best Editing, received by Pablo Blanco
- Goya Award for Best Special Effects, received by Juan Ramón Molina
- "Airbag" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Airbag" is the opening track of Radiohead's 1997 album OK Computer.
- "Airbag" is a musical album of Airbag (Argentina).
- released on (11 years ago)
- Airbag a.k.a. Airbag (Argentina): Airbag is an Argentine hard rock band formed in 1999 and consists of three brothers: Patricio Sardelli, Gastón Sardelli and Guido Sardelli. They have released five studio albums and one live album and toured mostly around Latin America.
- read more about Airbag (Argentina)
- Airbag — норвежская музыкальная группа.
- Airbag a.k.a. Airbäg is a musical group.
- read more about Airbäg
- Airbag is a musical group.
There are other groups with in their name, like Libido Airbag.
Airbag: An airbag is a vehicle safety device. It is an occupant restraint system consisting of a flexible fabric envelope or cushion designed to inflate rapidly during an automobile collision. Its purpose is to cushion occupants during a crash and provide protection to their bodies when they strike interior objects such as the steering wheel or a window. Modern vehicles may contain multiple airbag modules in various side and frontal locations of the passenger seating positions, and sensors may deploy one or more airbags in an impact zone at variable rates based on the type, angle and severity of impact; the airbag is designed to only inflate in moderate to severe frontal crashes. Airbags are normally designed with the intention of supplementing the protection of an occupant who is correctly restrained with a seat belt. Most designs are inflated through pyrotechnic means and can only be operated once. Newer side-impact airbag modules consist of compressed air cylinders that are triggered in the event of a side impact vehicle impact.
- also known as 安全气囊
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airbag
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Universe, Stars and Galaxies (2016)
by CTI Reviews
Airbag Gravitation Mass Climate An airbag is a vehicle safety device. It is an occupant restraint consisting of a flexible envelope designed to inflate rapidly during an automobile collision, to prevent occupants from striking interior objects such ...
by James M. Raczynski, Ralph J. DiClemente
The airbag is a passive countermeasure because it does not. Figure 1 .
Graded Tutorials on Auditing (2006)
by Peter Bourne
The personal airbag is a unique product designed to provide personal protection. The airbag is typically worn under one's clothing and will inflate immediately in the event of violent physical contact. The company spent almost the whole of its ...
The Law of Emergencies (2009)
Public Health and Disaster Management by Nan D. Hunter
The airbag is an inflatable device concealed in the dashboard and steering column. It automatically inflates when a sensor indicates that deceleration forces from an accident have exceeded a preset minimum, then rapidly deflates to dissipate ...
How to Improve Key Business Results by Martin Klubeck
The passenger who sits in the “shot gun” seat who actually benefits from that particular airbag is a truer representation of that customer. That of course can be extrapolated out to include those who love that passenger. The passenger's children ...
by Jeff Breitenstein
Equipped with a custom airbag suspension system. Airbags (or alternately airsprings) replace or augment conventional automotive suspension springs to improve ride quality and provide an easily adjustable RIDE HEIGHT. Constructed of ...
by Fioretta. Benedetto Mattia
AB airbag / air bag. The airbag is a bag that inflates ...
Airbag, m. twelfth-day, t.-tidc, Epiphany. πωπω., ordn. tat, thirteenth. iii'): int t., thirteently. “Με αι”. obstinate, refractory, wilful, perverse, contumiicious.
The Social Science of Garbage by Carl A. Zimring, William L. Rathje, Consulting Editor
The airbag both increases safety and complicates disassembly. Since it reduces fatalities in accidents, it is a standard feature in automobiles. One ingredient in airbags is the carcinogen sodium azide. During disassembly, it 58 Automobiles.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airbag
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Airbag
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: furilo
( Slaughterhouse )
Photo credit: Falcon_33
directo sala BeCool
Photo credit: Pinc Floit
Photo credit: adactio
Photo credit: joeymanley
Photo credit: Paraulas en Oc
Photo credit: Guerretto
Concierto de Airbag + Los Reactivos en Sala Galileo 31/5/13
Photo credit: Guerretto
Photo credit: Guerretto
Photo credit: OiMax
Photo credit: H.L.I.T.
- Airbag panel
Photo credit: goodgerster
- Airbag de un Smart
Photo credit: Circula Seguro
Photo credit: Guerretto
- SRS Airbag
Photo credit: hectorir
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Airbag
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Airbag!
Quotes about Airbag
Scrabble value of A1I1R1B3A1G2
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRBAG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Airbag!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airbag to see it in context!