On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Airboat
What does Airboat mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airboats
- A flat-bottomed boat driven by an in-air propeller and used in shallow water.
- synonym: fanboat
- Airboat a.k.a. Boat: A boat is a watercraft of any size designed to float or plane, to work or travel on water. Small boats are typically found on inland or in protected coastal areas. However, boats such as the whaleboat were designed for operation from a ship in an offshore environment. In naval terms, a boat is a vessel small enough to be carried aboard another vessel. Another less restrictive definition is a vessel that can be lifted out of the water. Some definitions do not make a distinction in size, as 1000-foot bulk freighters on the Great Lakes are called oreboats. For reasons of naval tradition, submarines are usually referred to as 'boats' rather than 'ships', regardless of their size and shape.
- Airboat: An airboat, also known as a fanboat, is a flat-bottomed vessel propelled in a forward direction by an aircraft-type propeller and powered by either an aircraft or automotive engine. Airboats are a very popular means of transportation in the Florida Everglades, parts of the Indian River Lagoon, the Kissimmee and St. Johns Rivers, as well as Louisiana Bayous, where they are used for fishing, bowfishing, hunting and eco-tourism, and in other marshy and/or shallow areas where a standard inboard or outboard engine with a submerged propeller would be impractical.
- also known as 風扇艇
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airboat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Guide to Unique Places by Diana Lambdin Meyer
And before long, the Brysons had bought commercial airboats and begun this wonderful sightseeing business along the Platte River. An airboat is a very ecologically sound manner to explore the river because of the minimal disruption of the ...
Moon Belize (2015)
by Lebawit Girma
Exploring the Old Belize River via airboat is a great way to see the area's rich flora and fauna. Over on Regent Street, close to the Belize Tourism Board ...
Atlantic Boating Almanacs (2004)
St. John River, Fl To Key West, Fl & The Bahamas by Peter L. Griffes
Airboat means a vessel operated by means of a motor driven propeller that pushes air for momentum. (94) Areas To Be Avoided means the areas in which vessel operations are prohibited pursuant to section 6(a)(1) of the FKNMSPA ( see ...
Code of Federal Regulations, Title 15, Commerce and Foreign Trade, PT. 800-End, Revised as of January 1, 2012 (2012)
by Office of the Federal Register (U S )
Airboat means a vessel operated by means of a motor driven propeller that pushes air for momentum. Areas To Be Avoided means the areas in which vessel operations are prohibited pursuant to section 6(a)(1) of the FKNMSPA (see ...
Code of Federal Regulations (2002)
Airboat means a vessel that is supported by the buoyancy of its hull ...
Book & CD-ROM Set by Angus Stevenson, Maurice Waite
airboat n. a shallow-draught boat powered by an aircraft engine, for use in swamps. airborne adj. 1 transported by air. 2 (of a bird or aircraft) flying. air brake n. 1 a brake worked by air pressure. 2 a movable flap or other device on an aircraft ...
by Philip D. Morehead
steamship; paddle steamer; icebreaker; tug, tugboat; hovercraft, hydrofoil, hydroplane, airboat; bathyscaphe, bathysphere (see DEPTH). 4,(sailing ship)...
ENCYCLOPEDIA OF DAYS (2009)
START THE DAY WITH HISTORY by Steven Carol
Petersburg Tampa Airboat Line, began service. 1933–During Prohibition: President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a measure to make wine and beer containing up to 3.2 percent alcohol legal. 1945–Seven ...
The Word Rhythm Dictionary (2014)
A Resource for Writers, Rappers, Poets, and Lyricists by Timothy Polashek
DINGO INGO REDSTONE GEMSTONE WHETSTONE GENOESE ETHNOS DEXTROSE AIRBOATS REDCOATS STEMPOSTS AIRBOAT REDCOAT DEADBOLT ELBOWS MEADOWS ECHOES GECKOS FRESCOES BELLOWS FELLOWS ...
Dictionary of Aviation (1911)
by Robert Morris Pierce
[also spelt airboat] a boat or vessel for sailing in or navigating the air: an airship; a skysboat. air-bomb 'e:z ...
The entire range of recreational vessels (open or cabin motorboat, sailboat, rowboat, pontoon boat, houseboat, PWC, jet boat, airboat, inflatable, kayak, and even cruise ship) can be involved in boating accidents. The potential involvement of a ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
saturate, sludge, stream, submerge, vlei, wetland swamp craft airboat swamp fever equine infectious anaemia swamp grass reed, sedge swamp reptile alligator swampy boggy, fenny , marish, ...
by Igor V Sharshakov
measurement – измерение параметров воздушной ударной волны airblast- induced – вызванный воздушной ударной волной airblock – воздушное препятствие airboat – глиссер airborne = abn – воздушно-десантный airborne alert ...
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
Also, airboat. seaport Civil Engineering, a port, harbor, or town accessible to seagoing ships. seaquake Geophysics, an earth tremor with an epicenter beneath the ocean. Also, submarine earthquake. sear Ordnance, the lock or catch in a ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
airboat 7noun a shallow-draught boat powered by an aircraft engine, for use in swamps. airborne 7adjective transported by air: airborne polVlutants. 2(of an aircraft) in the air after taking off. air brake 7noun ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airboat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Airboat
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Marie in NC
At Lake Okechobee.
Photo credit: Matt Kelland
The water is only 3 feet deep, but these airboats can do pretty amazing manouvers
Photo credit: mukund76
Photo credit: kayrak69
Photo credit: The Magical Adventures of SJ & Brett...
Photo credit: VisitCentralFL
Airboat on the Everrglades
Photo credit: Chang'r
Photo credit: MyFWCmedia
Photo credit: Peter & Michelle S
Photo credit: JoelDeluxe
Airboat - all aboard.
Photo credit: andypowe11
Photo credit: Beegee49
Airboat near the Miccosukee Indians Cultural Center.
Photo credit: milan.boers
- Airboat on Platte River
Photo credit: josehernandez84
- Airboat Dock
The dock for the Miccosukee Airboats.
Photo credit: milan.boers
- Airboat ride
You can get quite close to the alligators with an airboat ride.
Photo credit: milan.boers
- Airboat flying across the river
Photo credit: Herkie
- Airboat in the Florida Everglades
Photo credit: David Jones
- Airboat through the Everglades
Photo credit: Abi Skipp
- Everglades City Airboat Tour Ride
Photo credit: Haydn Blackey
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Airboat
Click on an item to play that video:
- Airboat Meaning
Video shows what airboat means. A flat-bottomed boat driven by an in-air propeller and used in shallow water.. airboat synonyms: fanboat, swamp boat. Airboat ...
- Cam on the airboat - higer definition mode
its a little higher definition, not HD. some tests using the Oregon scientific cam.
See also the pronunciation examples of Airboat!
Scrabble value of A1I1R1B3O1A1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRBOAT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Airboat!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airboat to see it in context!