Definition of airborne
What does airborne mean?
- moved or conveyed by or through air
- similar: mobile
- In or carried by the air.
- In flight.
- Military infantry intended to be transported by air and delivered to the battlefield by parachute or helicopter.
Phrases with airborne
- airborne patrol
- airborne transmission
- "Airborne" is a 2011 horror thriller film written by Paul Chronnell and directed by Dominic Burns.
- also known as Panic Zone
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Dominic Burns, Patricia Rybarczyk, Jonathan Sothcott & Alain Wildberger
- executive producers: Lyndon Baldock, Melvyn Cook, Richard Jones, Billy Murray, Simon Phillips, Rafael Quintian, Adam Smithe, Lewis James, Mike Woodley
- production design by Luis San Martin
- art direction by John-Paul Frazer
- written by Paul Chronnell
- Mark Hamill as Malcolm
- Raji James as Dr. Kailash Shnergji
- Julian Glover as George
- Alan Ford as Max Korgen
- Kimberly Jaraj as Laura
- Forbes KB as Smoker
- Andrew Shim as Sam Watts
- Gemma Atkinson as Harriett Robburts
- Craig Conway as Luke John
- Rita Ramnani as Claire
- Fiona Ryan as Rachel
- Billy Murray as Cutter
- Dominic Burns as Bob
- Sebastian Street as Agent Moss
- Simon Phillips as Alan Fletcher
- Anthony Styles as Phil
- Peter Barrett as Kenny Barns
- Chelsea Fitzpatrick as Roxy
- Chris Brazier as Chris
- Jazz Lintott as Roberto
- Allison McKenzie as Agent Millward
- Mike Woodley as Pilot 1
- Paul Norrison as Pilot 2
- Emma Buckley as Lindsay
- Lewis Compson as Joe
- Jack Lewis as Ricky
- Phil Alias Smith as Soldier 1
- Phil Alias Smith as Black Operation Officer #1
- Jamie Edgerton as Black Operation Officer #2
- Steven Kamara as Black Operation Officer #3
- Atul Sharma as Black Operation Officer #4
- Faz Aoufi as Black Operation Officer #5
- Sean Cernow as Black Operation Officer #6
- Kris Johnson as Black Operation Officer #7
- Philip Harvey as Black Operation Officer #8
- Robin Harvey as Black Operation Officer #9
- Adam Dakin as Black Operation Officer #10
- Dixie Arnold as Black Operation Officer #11
- Jamie Dorrington as Security guard
- Luke Gomes as Black Operation Officer #12
- James Littlewood as Baggage Handler
- Darren Lynch as Black Operation Officer #13
- cinematography by Alessio Valori
- edited by Richard Colton
- music by Matthew Williams
- costume design by Natalie Egleton
- genres: Horror, Thriller
- tagline: Come die with me
- released on
- official website: airborne-movie.tumblr.com
- "Airborne" is a 1993 American comedy-drama film starring Shane McDermott, Seth Green, Brittney Powell, Chris Conrad, Jacob Vargas and a then-unknown Jack Black.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Rob Bowman
- producers: Bruce Davey & Stephen McEveety
- production design by John Myhre
- written by Stephen McEveety
- cinematography by Daryn Okada
- music by Stewart Copeland
- costume design by Abigail Murray
- genres: Adventure Film, Action/Adventure, Action Film, Drama, Comedy
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (20 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a 1962 American film directed by James Landis and starring Bobby Diamond. As of 2009 it is in the Public Domain and can be streamed on Youtube or downloaded via the Internet Archive. The film tells the story of a young man and his journey to become a US paratrooper. It was made with the co-operation of the US Army and was filmed entirely on location in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, the training ground of the US Airborne division.
- "Airborne" is a 1998 action film written by Julian Grant, Tony Johnston, Richard Klagsbrun and directed by Julian Grant.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: John Fremes & Julian Grant
- production design by Oleg M. Savytski
- written by Richard Klagsbrun, Julian Grant, Tony Johnston
- Kim Coates as Bob Murdoch
- Steve Guttenberg as Bill McNeil
- Philip Akin as Romeo Cortez
- Torri Higginson as Sara Gemmel
- David Fraser as Mr. Samuels
- Colm Feore as Ron Simpson
- Philip DeWilde as Video Technician #1
- Sean Bean as Dave Toombs
- Panou as Man #1
- Sara Sahr as Video Technician #2
- Yoav Deckelbaum as Man #2
- Don Allison as Scientist
- John Jay Hebert as Pilot
- Shawn Lawrence as Cop #1
- Linda Barnett as Waitress
- Len Wagner as Assassin #1
- John Stoneham Sr. as Assassin #2
- Derek Clifford as Airport Thug #1
- Pazz Neglia as Assassin #3
- Bryan Renfro as Hangar Thug #1
- Randy Butcher as Hangar Thug #2
- Tommy Chang as Hangar Thug #3
- casting by Hank McCann & Marjorie Lecker
- cinematography by Russ Goozee
- edited by Jeff Winch & Paul G. Day
- music by Christophe Beck
- costume design by Judith England
- set decoration by Jerry Nicolaou
- genre: Action Film
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a film, directed by Csaba Borbely.
"Airborne" is a book written by Tom Clancy that explores the inner workings of the 82nd Airborne Division and the U.S. airborne forces.
- subjects: Military science, Infantry, Military, Army, United States of America, Aviation, History
- Airborne is a fictional character from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline, comic books and cartoon series. He is the G.I. Joe Team's helicopter assault trooper and debuted in 1983.
- Airborne is a fictional character from the 1986 film Quicksilver.
- "Airborne" is an album by former Eagles guitarist Don Felder. To date it remains his only solo album. It features late Carlos Vega, Joe Vitale, Russ Kunkel, Tris Imboden, Timothy B. Schmit (who is also in the Eagles), Jeff Lorber, Paulinho Da Costa, Joe Lala, Kenny Loggins, Dave Mason and Albhy Galuten.
- genre: Rock music
- released in (31 years ago)
- "Airborne" is the sixth studio album by Curved Air and was recorded in 1976. Like their last few releases, it was not a significant commercial success. After a follow-up non-album single, "Baby Please Don't Go" b/w "Broken Lady", the group disbanded. Drummer Stewart Copeland went on to form The Police, while violinist Darryl Way and lead singer Sonja Kristina both pursued solo careers. Bassist Reeves and guitarist Jacques both later became members of the semi-pro band Big Chief.
- "Airborne" is an album by the country rock group The Flying Burrito Brothers, released in 1976.
- released in (37 years ago)
- Airborne is an American contemporary jazz / smooth jazz / world fusion band, formed in the late 1980s. Airborne the proclaimed “Musical Peacemakers” of Contemporary Jazz sends out an Inspirational Message of Hope to the World. They are a multi-cultural jazz band from New Haven, Connecticut who has received worldwide airplay and international acclaim. Airborne has a trademark jazz sound of Island Passion and Urban Emotion. Airborne has set up a Non-Profit Cause called, Musicians –Humanitarians – Peacemakers to help in the fight against Hunger and to establish Global Unity.
- Airborne is a musical group.
- albums: "The Other Side", "Walk on Water", "New Horizons"
There are other groups with airborne in their name, like The Airborne Toxic Event.
Airborne was an Irish-bred British-trained Thoroughbred racehorse and sire. After showing little worthwhile form as a two-year-old, Airborne improved to become one of the leading three-year-olds in Britain in 1946. He won five successive races including two Classics: the Derby at Epsom and the St Leger at Doncaster. He was the most recent of four greys to have won the Epsom Classic. Airborne went on to have a stud career of limited success.
- born in (71 years ago)
Airborne is a dietary supplement containing herbal extracts, amino acids, antioxidants, electrolytes, synthetic vitamins, and other ingredients. It was created by Victoria Knight-McDowell in the early 1990s. It is offered for sale over-the-counter in many U.S. retail stores in three different forms: tablet, chewable lozenge, or powder. It is marketed as a dietary supplement supporting the immune system, though the benefit to users remains unestablished. The former owners were fined by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive advertising and were the subject of successful class action lawsuits.
- official website: www.airbornehealth.com
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for airborne
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of World War II (2007)
by Alan Axelrod
Pritchard, participated in Italian operations, then, through 1945, as part of the 1st Airborne Task Force, fought in southern France and Greece. The British 6th Airborne Division, under Maj. Gen. Richard Gale, joined the U.S. 82nd (Maj.
World War II: the Encyclopedia of the War Years, 1941-1945 (2012)
by Norman Polmar, Thomas B. Allen
Airborne Army 68 SoLoMoNs-NEW GUINEA CAMl"AlGN—coming ashore in landing craft. Because the “para-Marines,” as they were sometimes called, were not making parachute drops, on Dec. 30, 1943, the commandant ordered the ...
Encyclopedia of Technical Education-16. MINING ENGINEERING.
Airborne. Magnetic. and. Electromagnetic. Methods. Introduction It was mentioned in Chapter 8 that radioactive measurements can be carried out from the air. The same is true of magnetic and electromagnetic measurements. The physical ...
Ethnic and Racial Minorities in the U.S. Military: An Encyclopedia (2013)
by Alexander M. Bielakowski
was an African American airborne unit that, beginning in 1947, served in the otherwise white 82nd Airborne Division. This occurred one year before President Harry ...
Encyclopedia of Microbiology (2009)
Airborne. Infectious. Microorganisms. L D Stetzenbach, University of Nevada, Las Vegas NV, USA Characteristics of selected infectious microorganisms transmitted via the airborne route. Vaccine Development: The Development of Avian ...
Encyclopedia of Solid Earth Geophysics
Airborne gravimeter GPS Stationen FT = flight trajectory from GPS TA = total vertical acceleration (sensor) PA = vertical plane acceleration (GPS) GV = Gravity variation GV = TA - PA Flight trajectory Gravity variation Topography Geoid Free- air ...
Encyclopedia of Crisis Management (2013)
by Matt Statler, K. Bradley Penuel, Ryan Hagen
indirect, and droplet trans— mission, whereas vehicle transmission includes airborne, waterborne, and food-borne transmission. Vector transmission involves mechanical and biological transmission. Infectious disease is directly transmitted ...
The Encyclopedia of the Vietnam War: A Political, Social, and Military History (2011)
A Political, Social, and Military History by Spencer C. Tucker
Military defines an airborne operation as one “involving movement and delivery of combat forces by air.” In current usage, the term “airborne” refers to those troops who are parachute qualified.
Encyclopedia of Snow, Ice and Glaciers (2011)
by Vijay P. Singh, Umesh K. Haritashya
Numerous airborne and spaceborne geophysical missions have provided insight into elevation and volume change of many glacier-covered regions and individual glaciers. For instance, Arendt et al. (2002) synthesized the result of more than ...
International Encyclopaedia of Engineering and Technology (2007)
by M N Doja
airborne Supported only by aerodynamic forces; aloft or flying. airborne grocer ...
Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology (1978)
Volume 10 - Linear and Matrix Algebra to Microorganisms: Computer-Assisted Identification by Jack Belzer, Albert G. Holzman, Allen Kent
Airborne— computer mass memory Airborne data input "cassette" Digital data recorders— spaceborne, sonabuoy Spaceborne computer mass memory Instrumentation recorders— airborne, missile, test sled Shipboard/submarine computer ...
The Iraq War Encyclopedia (2013)
by Thomas R. Mockaitis
marines from the southeast, and the 101st Airborne Division was preparing to move in from the north. Baghdad was in effect under a loose blockade, with civilians allowed to depart. On that day also, the 3rd Infantry Division's 2nd Brigade, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for airborne
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about airborne
Click on an item to view that photo:
- JMTC Airborne
Army spc. Andrew Brown, a native from Albany, GA from 2-505, 3-82nd Airborne Division throw out a grenade during an JMTC exercise in Grafenwoehr, germany.
Photo credit: SpreadForge
- Airborne Toxic Event
Airborne Toxic Event - Spaceland
Photo credit: Modern Creature
- Airborne over Canada
Airborne over Canada
Photo credit: brewbooks
- Airborne near Munich Airport
Airborne Munich to Copenhagen
Photo credit: brewbooks
- Airborne Museum lobby
Airborne & Special Operations Museum
Photo credit: moonlightbulb
- Airborne north of Seattle
Photo credit: brewbooks
- Airborne Monument Eindhoven
The Airborne Monument (Memorial) Eindhoven, to commemorate the landing of the 101st Airborne on Sept. 18 1944.
Photo credit: michieldijcks
- Airborne training
An Illinois National Guard Soldier assigned to Alpha Company, 2nd Battalion, 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne) floats down to the drop zone under a Maneuverable Canopy 6 (MC-6) Personnel Parachute System during Airborne training operations.
Photo credit: The National Guard
Video about airborne
Easy English - ESL - "Airborne, Dovetail, Porous etc." - Lesson 138
ESL lesson for beginners. SCRIPT The helicopter is airborne. The airplane is airborne. The two pieces of wood dovetail. The two pieces of metal dovetail. A l...
See also the pronunciation examples of airborne!
Scrabble value of A1I1R1B3O1R1N1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRBORNE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of airborne!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of airborne to find many related words and phrases!