On this page:
- Definition of the adjective airborne
- Definition of the noun airborne
- Phrases with Airborne
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airborne
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airborne
- Photos about Airborne
- Video language resources about Airborne
- Quotes about Airborne
- Scrabble value of A1I1R1B3O1R1N1E1
- Anagrams of AIRBORNE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective airborne
What does airborne mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more airborne / most airborne
- moved or conveyed by or through air
- example: Once we are airborne, you make unbuckle your seatbelts.
- similar: mobile
Alternative definition of the adjective airborne
- In or carried by the air.
- In flight.
Definition of the noun airborne
What does airborne mean as a name of something?
- Military infantry intended to be transported by air and delivered to the battlefield by parachute or helicopter.
- "Airborne" is a 1993 American comedy-drama film centered on inline skating, starring Shane McDermott, Seth Green, Brittney Powell, Chris Conrad, Jacob Vargas and a then-unknown Jack Black.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Rob Bowman
- producers: Bruce Davey & Stephen McEveety
- production design by John Myhre
- written by Stephen McEveety
- cinematography by Daryn Okada
- music by Stewart Copeland
- costume design by Abigail Murray
- genres: Adventure Film, Action Film, Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (21 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a 2012 horror film written by Paul Chronnell and directed by Dominic Burns who describes Airborne as a tongue-in-cheek film in the tradition of The Twilight Zone. A first trailer was released in 2011. It was reported in the media that it presents Mark Hamill's first appearance in a British film, however Hamill had acted previously in the 1982 British film Britannia Hospital. Airborne's introduction, before sporting a voice-over by Mark Hamill, refers in writing to a so-called Firelight Protocol.
- also known as Panic Zone
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Dominic Burns, Patricia Rybarczyk, Jonathan Sothcott & Alain Wildberger
- executive producers: Lyndon Baldock, Melvyn Cook, Richard Jones, Billy Murray, Simon Phillips, Rafael Quintian, Adam Smithe, Lewis James, Mike Woodley
- production design by Luis San Martin
- art direction by John-Paul Frazer
- written by Paul Chronnell
- Mark Hamill as Malcolm
- Julian Glover as George
- Billy Murray as Cutter
- Sebastian Street as Agent Moss
- Alan Ford as Max Korgen
- Gemma Atkinson as Harriett Robburts
- Craig Conway as Luke John
- Dominic Burns as Bob
- Andrew Shim as Sam Watts
- Fiona Ryan as Rachel
- Forbes KB as Smoker
- Rita Ramnani as Claire
- Raji James as Dr. Kailash Shnergji
- Kimberly Jaraj as Laura
- Simon Phillips as Alan Fletcher
- Anthony Styles as Phil
- Peter Barrett as Kenny Barns
- Chelsea Fitzpatrick as Roxy
- Chris Brazier as Chris
- Jazz Lintott as Roberto
- Allison McKenzie as Agent Millward
- Mike Woodley as Pilot 1
- Paul Norrison as Pilot 2
- Emma Buckley as Lindsay
- Lewis Compson as Joe
- Jack Lewis as Ricky
- Phil Alias Smith as Soldier 1
- Phil Alias Smith as Black Operation Officer #1
- Jamie Edgerton as Black Operation Officer #2
- Steven Kamara as Black Operation Officer #3
- Atul Sharma as Black Operation Officer #4
- Faz Aoufi as Black Operation Officer #5
- Sean Cernow as Black Operation Officer #6
- Kris Johnson as Black Operation Officer #7
- Philip Harvey as Black Operation Officer #8
- Robin Harvey as Black Operation Officer #9
- Adam Dakin as Black Operation Officer #10
- Dixie Arnold as Black Operation Officer #11
- Jamie Dorrington as Security guard
- Luke Gomes as Black Operation Officer #12
- James Littlewood as Baggage Handler
- Darren Lynch as Black Operation Officer #13
- cinematography by Alessio Valori
- edited by Richard Colton
- music by Matthew Williams
- costume design by Natalie Egleton
- genres: Horror, Thriller
- tagline: Come die with me
- released on
- official website: airborne-movie.tumblr.com
- "Airborne" is a 1998 action film written by Julian Grant, Tony Johnston, Richard Klagsbrun and directed by Julian Grant.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Julian Grant & John Fremes
- production design by Oleg M. Savytski
- written by Julian Grant, Richard Klagsbrun, Tony Johnston
- Kim Coates as Bob Murdoch
- Steve Guttenberg as Bill McNeil
- Torri Higginson as Sara Gemmel
- Philip Akin as Romeo Cortez
- David Fraser as Mr. Samuels
- Colm Feore as Ron Simpson
- Sean Bean as Dave Toombs
- Philip DeWilde as Video Technician #1
- Sara Sahr as Video Technician #2
- Panou as Man #1
- John Jay Hebert as Pilot
- Yoav Deckelbaum as Man #2
- Don Allison as Scientist
- Linda Barnett as Waitress
- Shawn Lawrence as Cop #1
- Len Wagner as Assassin #1
- John Stoneham Sr. as Assassin #2
- Derek Clifford as Airport Thug #1
- Bryan Renfro as Hangar Thug #1
- Pazz Neglia as Assassin #3
- Randy Butcher as Hangar Thug #2
- Tommy Chang as Hangar Thug #3
- casting by Hank McCann & Marjorie Lecker
- cinematography by Russ Goozee
- edited by Jeff Winch & Paul G. Day
- music by Christophe Beck
- costume design by Judith England
- set decoration by Jerry Nicolaou
- genre: Action Film
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a 1962 American film directed by James Landis and starring Bobby Diamond. As of 2009 it is in the Public Domain and can be streamed on YouTube or downloaded via the Internet Archive. The film tells the story of a young man and his journey to become a US paratrooper. It was made with the co-operation of the US Army and was filmed entirely on location in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, the training ground of the US 82nd Airborne Division.
- "Airborne" is a film, directed by Csaba Borbely.
- "Airborne" is a book written by Tom Clancy that explores the inner workings of the 82nd Airborne Division and the U.S. airborne forces.
- subjects: Military science, Infantry, Army, Military branch, Aviation, United States of America, History
- "Airborne" is a book by Tennessee Reed.
- also known as "Airborne: poems (1990-1996)"
"Airborne" a.k.a. "Airborne!" is a video game.
- developer: Silicon Beach Software
- genre: Action game
- publisher: Silicon Beach Software
- Airborne is a fictional character from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline, comic books and cartoon series. He is the G.I. Joe Team's helicopter assault trooper and debuted in 1983.
- Airborne is a supervillain in the Marvel Comics.
- Airborne is a fictional character from the 1986 film Quicksilver.
- "Airborne" is the sixth studio album by Curved Air and was recorded in 1976. Like their last few releases, it was not a significant commercial success. After a follow-up non-album single, "Baby Please Don't Go" b/w "Broken Lady", the group disbanded. Drummer Stewart Copeland went on to form The Police, while violinist Darryl Way and lead singer Sonja Kristina both pursued solo careers. Bassist Reeves and guitarist Jacques both later became members of the semi-pro band Big Chief.
- "Airborne" is an album by former Eagles guitarist Don Felder. Until 2012 it remained his only solo album. It features Carlos Vega, Joe Vitale, Russ Kunkel, Tris Imboden, Timothy B. Schmit, Jeff Lorber, Paulinho Da Costa, Joe Lala, Kenny Loggins, Dave Mason and Albhy Galuten.
- genre: Rock music
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Airborne" is an album by the country rock group The Flying Burrito Brothers, released in 1976.
- genre: Country rock
- released in (39 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a composition.
- music by Dave Angel
- "Airborne" is a musical album of Harmonious Wail.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a musical album of Coste Apetrea.
- released in (26 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a musical EP of Possanova.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a musical album of Spoonbill.
- "Airborne" is a musical album of Rasmus Rasmussen.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Airborne" is a musical album of Raise Kain.
- Airborne is an American contemporary jazz / smooth jazz / world fusion band, formed in the late 1980s. Airborne the proclaimed “Musical Peacemakers” of Contemporary Jazz sends out an Inspirational Message of Hope to the World. They are a multi-cultural jazz band from New Haven, Connecticut who has received worldwide airplay and international acclaim. Airborne has a trademark jazz sound of Island Passion and Urban Emotion. Airborne has set up a Non-Profit Cause called, Musicians –Humanitarians – Peacemakers to help in the fight against Hunger and to establish Global Unity.
- Airborne is a musical group.
- albums: "The Other Side", "Walk on Water"
There are other groups with in their name, like The Airborne Toxic Event.
Airborne is a record label.
Airborne was an Irish-bred British-trained Thoroughbred racehorse and sire. After showing little worthwhile form as a two-year-old, Airborne improved to become one of the leading three-year-olds in Britain in 1946. He won five successive races including two Classics: the Derby at Epsom and the St Leger at Doncaster. He was the most recent of four greys to have won the Epsom Classic. Airborne went on to have a stud career of limited success.
- born in (72 years ago)
- Airborne is a dietary supplement containing herbal extracts, amino acids, antioxidants, electrolytes, synthetic vitamins, and other ingredients marketed as a dietary supplement supporting the immune system, though the benefit to users remains unestablished. The former owners were fined by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive advertising and were the subject of successful class actions. Airborne was created by schoolteacher Victoria Knight-McDowell in the early 1990s. It is offered for sale over-the-counter in many U.S. retail stores in multiple forms: effervescent tablet, gummy, chewable tablet, lozenge, tablet, or powder.
- official website: www.airbornehealth.com
- Airborne is a TV Spot.
Phrases with Airborne
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airborne
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of World War II (2007)
by Alan Axelrod, Jack A. Kingston
Pritchard, participated in Italian operations, then, through 1945, as part of the 1st Airborne Task Force, fought in southern France and Greece. The British 6th Airborne Division, under Maj. Gen. Richard Gale, joined the U.S. 82nd (Maj.
by Martin Weik
airborne command post: A suitably equipped aircraft used by a commander, coordinator, or director for the control of units engaged in an operation, such as a military, rescue, fire fighting, crop dusting, ...
The Military Dictionary (1987)
airborne infantry. 2. Applied to materials being or designed to be transported by aircraft, as distinguished from weapons and equipment installed in and remaining a part of the ...
Airborne. Magnetic. and. Electromagnetic. Methods. Introduction It was mentioned in Chapter 8 that radioactive measurements can be carried out from the air. The same is true of magnetic and electromagnetic measurements. The physical ...
by Us Department Of Defense
airborne — 1. In relation to personnel, troops especially trained to effect , following transport by air, an assault debarkation, either by parachuting or touchdown. 2. In relation to equipment, pieces of equipment that have been ...
by Richard Alan Schwartz
United States Army ¡8th Airborne Corps— The ¡8th Airborne Corps was responsible for the western flank of allied ground operations during Operation Desert Storm. Under the command of Lieutenant General Gary ...
D-Day Encyclopedia (2014)
Everything You Want to Know About the Normandy Invasion by Barrett Tillman
AIRBORNE OPERATIONS. In the fifteenth century Leonardo DaVincienvisioned airborne soldiers, and in the nineteenth century Napoleon Bonaparte pondered invading Britain with French troops in hot-air balloons. But not until the 1940s did ...
by Us Dept Energy
BT3 Equipment SO DOE FRASE VOCABULARY AIRBORNE ACTIVITY CONFINEMENT SYSTEMS DA January 8, 1991 SF A ...
The Encyclopedia of the Vietnam War: A Political, Social, and Military History, 2nd Edition [4 volumes] (2011)
A Political, Social, and Military History by Spencer C. Tucker
Military defines an airborne operation as one “involving movement and delivery of combat forces by air.” In current usage, the term “airborne” refers to those troops who are parachute qualified.
The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection by Spencer C. Tucker
david westwood See also Airborne Forces, Axis; Aircraft, Transport; Anzio, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airborne
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Airborne
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Mika Stetsovski
Photo credit: Jeff Kubina
SIGMA DP2s + AML-1 + Kenko No.3
Photo credit: Jun Seita
Airborne, Pic by Mike Mozart of TheToyChannel and JeepersMedia on YouTube
Photo credit: JeepersMedia
Photo credit: edkohler
Photo credit: BreakingTravelNews
Airborne Pic by Mike Mozart of TheToyChannel and JeepersMedia on YouTube
Photo credit: JeepersMedia
- Airborne Gull
Photo credit: james.wigger
- Airborne - somewhere
Photo credit: brewbooks
- Airborne Washington
Photo credit: brewbooks
- Airborne Ankara to Munich
Photo credit: brewbooks
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Airborne
Click on an item to play that video:
- Learn Tricking: Airborne Invert | Tricks Terminology Tutorials
To learn how to do tricks with airborne inverts, watch the Hyper Trick School Martial Arts Tricking Training DVDs by Dan Perez: ...
- Airborne Meaning
Video shows what airborne means. In or carried by the air.. In flight.. fitted to an aircraft; e.g. airborne radar.. Airborne Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- A Whole New Meaning To Airborne
- Daisy Airborne Wind Energy project description
Video description of Daisy project for hackaday prize competition.
- Easy English - ESL - "Airborne, Dovetail, Porous etc." - Lesson 138
ESL lesson for beginners. SCRIPT The helicopter is airborne. The airplane is airborne. The two pieces of wood dovetail. The two pieces of metal dovetail.
See also the pronunciation examples of Airborne!
Quotes about Airborne
I had seen the films out of World War II, the great 82nd Airborne, the 101st, and all of those of you in the greatest generation and the service that you had provided. (Hugh Shelton)
more quotes about airborne...
Scrabble value of A1I1R1B3O1R1N1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRBORNE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Airborne!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airborne to see it in context!