On this page:
Definition of the noun airdock
What does airdock mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a large structure at an airport where aircraft can be stored and maintained
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of airdock: hangar / repair shed
- more generic words: construction / structure = a thing constructed
- part of: aerodrome / airdrome / airport / drome = an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
Alternative definition of the noun airdock
- [US] A very large hangar for the storage of airships
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airdock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by E.H. Knight
larger section than the foregoing, an adapted to the shape of the pier; the who e raised or lowered by suspensiomchains, and ballsst with iron and water contained in two annular chambers A and B, surrounding the lower part of the airdock.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airdock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Airdock
Akron-Akron Airdock (CORF & BRLF)
Photo credit: Ohio Redevelopment Projects - ODSA
Video about Airdock
Video shows what airdock means. A very large hangar for the storage of airships. Airdock Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
Scrabble value of A1I1R1D2O1C3K5
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Airdock to find many related words and phrases!