On this page:
- Definition of the noun airhead
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airhead
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airhead
- Photos about Airhead
- Video language resources about Airhead
- Scrabble value of A1I1R1H4E1A1D2
- Share this page
Definition of the noun airhead
What does airhead mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airheads
- a flighty scatterbrained simpleton
- a bridgehead seized by airborne troops
Alternative definition of the noun airhead
- [pejorative] A silly, foolish or unintelligent person.
- [pejorative] An insufferable show off but doesn't really know what he's talking about.
- A landing area for aircraft for supplying an operation, military or other, usually temporary.
- [military] An area of hostile territory that has been seized by paratroopers or helicopter-based troops to ensure the further landing of troops and/or materiel.
Airhead a.k.a. AirHeads are a tangy, taffy-like, chewy candy manufactured by Perfetti Van Melle in Erlanger, Kentucky, USA. It was created in 1986.
- read more about AirHeads
"Airhead" is a young-adult novel by Meg Cabot. It was released on May 13, 2008. The sequel, Being Nikki was released in May 2009 . The third book in the series Runaway has been released as well.
- language: English Language
- genre: Young-adult fiction
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Airhead" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Airhead" is a musical single of Thomas Dolby.
- released in (27 years ago)
Airhead is a British indie-pop band that achieved some success in the early 1990s, at the tail end of the Madchester music movement.
- genres: Indie rock, Pop music, Pop rock
- albums: "Boing!", "Counting Sheep", "Right Now", "That's Enough", "Funny How", "Congratulations"
- nomination: - nominated to Brit Award for British Video - "Funny How"
- official website: airheadonline.co.uk
Airhead is a fictional character from the 1988 film 976-EVIL.
Airhead is de Amerikaanse benaming van de klassieke luchtgekoelde boxermotoren die gebouwd werden door BMW vanaf 1923.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airhead
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Valeria Berumen
The Airhead is a character that is primarily seen as incompetent and/or stupid. This person is often the victim of office jokes and is easily made the scapegoat. • The Know It All is the annoying person that believes themselves to be right about ...
As Amended Through April 2010 by Barry Leonard
airhead — 1. A designated area in a hostile or potentially hostile operational area that, when seized and held, ensures the continuous air landing of troops and materiel and provides the maneuver space necessary for projected ...
by Us Department Of Defense
airhead line — A line denoting the limits of the objective area for an airborne assault. The airhead line is bounded by assault objectives that are operationally located to ensure that enemy fires cannot be brought to bear on the main objective ...
by hakem saleh
Abdabs Absobloodylutely Ace Action AC/DC Ackers Adam and Eve Aerated Afty Aggro Airhead Airlocked Airy-fairy Aks All Wet All-nighter terror — nerves – irritation absolutely. excellent - Very good excitement bisexual. money believe ...
The Military Dictionary (1987)
See also airhead; beachhead. bridgehead—(NATO) An area of ground, in a territory occupied or threatened by the enemy, which must be held or at least controlled, so as to permit the continuous embarkation, landing or crossing of troops and ...
by Jonathon Green
see AIRHEAD n. (1). air-condition v. [ 1930s+] (orig. US) to fill full of holes, often by shooting; thus air-conditioned, full of holes, e.g. air-conditioned socks, [pun on SE ] air ...
by Tom Dalzell
a-¡ght | airhead Usage may be literal or figurative. From "alcoholic" (a person addicted to alcohol); the first widely recognized extended usage was "workaholic" (1968). • World is full of chocoholics, as you can see at See's. — San Francisco ...
Containing a Clear Exposition of Their Principles and Practice by Andrew Ure
an airhead is driven about the middle of the coal, or 15 ft high from the " floor" or bottom of the coal, commencing from the downcast pit The gate-road and air- head ...
of Australian words and phrases by John Miller
moon unit An airhead or someone lacking intelligence. moo poo Cow manure. moosh 1. The mouth.
by Random House
-ed, bed, bled, bread, bred, dead, dread, Ed, fed, fled, Fred, head, Jed, lead, led, Ned, pled, read, red, redd, said, shed, shred, sled, sped, spread, stead, ted, Ted, thread, tread, wed, zed; abed, ahead, airhead, beachhead, bedspread, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airhead
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Airhead
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Airhead
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of A1I1R1H4E1A1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airhead to see it in context!