On this page:
- Definition of the noun airship
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airship
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airship
- Photos about Airship
- Video language resources about Airship
- Scrabble value of A1I1R1S1H4I1P3
- Anagrams of AIRSHIP
- Share this page
The word airship is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun airship
What does airship mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airships
- a steerable self-propelled aircraft
- examples: How huge that airship is! | How huge that airship is! | An airship is lighter than air. | The airship burst into flames.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of airship: dirigible
- more generic term: lighter-than-air craft = aircraft supported by its own buoyancy
- more specific terms:
- instance: Graf Zeppelin / zeppelin = a large rigid dirigible designed to carry passengers or bombs
- part: gondola / car = the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
Alternative definition of the noun airship
- A lighter-than-air aircraft that can be propelled forward through the air as well as steered.
- [informal] Any aircraft.
Airship is a musical group.
- albums: "Spirit of the Beehive", "Algebra", "Stuck in This Ocean"
- official website: www.airshipband.com
- "Airship" is a composition.
- also known as Floating Ship
- music by Nobuo Uematsu
- "AIRSHIP" is a musical album of WATER WATER CAMEL.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Airship" a.k.a. "The White Diamond" is a 2004 documentary film by Werner Herzog. It illustrates the history of aviation and depicts the struggles and triumphs of Graham Dorrington, an aeronautical engineer, who has designed and built a teardrop-shaped airship which he plans to fly over the forest canopies of Guyana. It features music composed by Ernst Reijseger, which was re-used in Herzog's 2005 film The Wild Blue Yonder.
- read more about The White Diamond
- "Airship": Airships is a 2013 short film directed by Kenneth Anger.
Airship is a record label.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airship
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James C. Bradford
Huston AIRSHIP is any lighter-than-air vehicle capable of independent movement, as opposed to hot air...
by Joseph R. Lallo
Crewing an airship is a lifetime commitment, which isn't to say it is a very long one. Survival is rare and comes only at the cost of some very unpleasant decisions. We are alive because we've known when to cut our losses and trim the finger to ...
North Star (2011)
can you psychoanalyse? a psychedelic journey through psychosis by joseph byrne
an airship is a colossus; a black medallion is a ...
Lighter than Air Robots (2011)
Guidance and Control of Autonomous Airships by Yasmina Bestaoui Sebbane
An airship is an engine-driven lighter-than-air craft that can be steered. Modern airships employ advanced technologies such as composite materials, modern electronic systems, fly by light or fly by wire transmissions controls and the latest ...
Never Land (2010)
Adventures, Wonder, and One World Record in a Very Small Plane by W. Scott Olsen
” then perhaps the airship is the firstbest way toward an answer. There isa bend intheriver, a sweeping ...
by Puri & Anand
Airship is a power driven lighter-than-air aircraft. Air strip A long and comparatively narrow strip suitable for landing and take off aircrafts. It is generally used for emergency landing and located at certain intervals along the air routes.
by Kyriaki Tsoukala, Nikolaos-Ion Terzoglou, Charikleia Pantelidou
The airship is a practical presumption of that sort ̄ (1988: 76¥77). That suchideas were to help shape modernist architectural practice issuggested by Theo van Doesburg« ...
by Sam Witt
Building an airship is a difficult, time-consuming process. Simply crafting the hull can take months, and properly integrating the engines and arcane wheels with the rest of the ship is a process best left to the experts. Still, to a group with enough ...
6th International Symposium on Neural Networks, Isnn 2009 Wuhan, China, May 26-29, 2009 Proceedings by Wen Yu
Near space airship is a low speed long endurance (more than three months) station-keeping aircraft. The time is so long that makes conventional energy supply plans unfeasible except for a regenerative one. The air density in near space is ...
Dictionary of Aviation (1911)
by Robert Morris Pierce
airship ' c:z,Sip n. a ship or vessel designed for...
buoyant airship , ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
Airship. The large aircraft that are often seen floating over sporting events are commonly known as blimps. These are actually a type of lighter-than-air craft called an airship. Airships were developed from principles of ballooning. Like balloons ...
by Ian McNeil
regarded as the world's first successful airship, since it was able to return to its starting point on five of its seven flights;
The German engineer Karl Woelfert, in conjunction with Gottlieb Daimler, produced an airship with a 1.5kW (2hp) ...
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1913)
Everybody's Book of Reference ... by Frank Moore Colby, George Sandeman
General Meusnicr designed an elliptical airship in 1780, with propellers to be worked by hand, but it was never built. Other attempts were made, but no adequate motive 547 electric battery at 0 miles per hour. This series of achievements ...
Encyclopedia of Disasters (2007)
Environmental Catastrophes and Human Tragedies by Angus Macleod Gunn
The Hindenburg was a new airship. Its first flight took place in 1936. It was a luxury, air-conditioned vessel with twenty-five two-berth cabins to accommodate its fifty passengers. Passengers could live aboard in a style of luxury unmatched in all ...
by Kenneth E. Hendrickson III
The capital was used to build a shed on Lake Konstanz at Manzell, where the first Zeppelin airship was built. There Eugen Wolf, Baron Bassus, Ludwg Dürr, and Gross, a mechanic from Lake Konstanz, worked on constructing the first Zeppelin, ...
by James A. Yannes
was a large German commercial passenger-carrying rigid airship. The lead ship of the Hindenburg class it is the ...
by Kenneth J. Panton
In 1922, Charles Dennistoun Burney, an engineer with the aviation department of Vickers Limited, developed plans to link Great Britain to India and Australia by airship (which, technologists of the time believed, would be a more practical form ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airship
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Airship
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Martin D Stitchener PiccAddo Photography
Photo credit: torugatoru
Photo credit: adactio
Photo credit: torugatoru
Photo credit: adactio
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Not often you see these. Marvelous sight.
Photo credit: Ron Bennetts
found in blue sky
Photo credit: masaka
Photo credit: mk_is_here
- Airship Ventures
Spotted this evening flying north over Menlo Park along the Bay shore.
Photo credit: Richard Masoner / Cyclelicious
- Airship Hangar frame
Photo credit: GriffinStar7
- Early airship design attempt
From Library of Congress...
Photo credit: fings
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Airship
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Airship!
Scrabble value of A1I1R1S1H4I1P3
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRSHIP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Airship!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airship to see it in context!