On this page:
Who is Ajumma?
Ajumma a.k.a. Kim Tae-yeon is a South Korean singer and actress. She is a member of the South Korean girl group Girls' Generation, its subgroup TTS, as well as the ballad group S.M. The Ballad.
- also known as 태연, Kim Taeyeon, Taeng, Taengoo, Gim Tae-yeon
- born on (26 years ago) in Jeonju
- nationality: South Korea
- profession: Disc jockey, singer, actor, model, voice actor, dancer, television presenter, musician
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Pop music, Dance-pop, K-pop, Contemporary R&B
- albums: "I Love You", "Like a Star", "Different", "Missing You Like Crazy", "Closer", "And One", "If", "Can You Hear Me?", "Bye", "To the Beautiful You", "더킹 투하츠 OST Part 1", "미스터고 OST `BYE`", "그 겨울, 바람이 분다 OST Part 5", "너희들은 포위됐다 OST Part 2", "아름다운 그대에게 OST - 가까이", "사랑해요", "별처럼", "달라"
- TV series:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Mnet Asian Music Award for Best OST - "If"
- nominated to Mnet Asian Music Award for Best OST - "I Love You"
- nominated to Mnet Asian Music Award for Song of the Year - "I Love You"
- nominated to Mnet Asian Music Award for Best OST - "Missing You like Crazy"
- Seoul International Drama Awards (Best Song from a Series - Missing You Like Crazy)
"Ajumma" a.k.a. "Azooma" is a 2013 South Korean film starring Jang Young-nam in her first leading role as a mother seeking justice for the rape of her ten-year-old daughter. It made its world premiere at the 2012 Busan International Film Festival, and was released in theaters on April 18, 2013. The film has since received recognition in the international film festival circuit.
- read more about Azooma
- Ajumma: Ajumma/Ajoomma comes from Korean word Ajoomeoni, is a Korean word literally meaning "aunt"; however, it is most often used to refer to any middle-aged or older woman. On the other hand, the Korean word Samo'nim, was originally interpreted as "wife of mentor" or "wife of superior", describes a married woman of high social status. The Lonely Planet guide to Seoul describes ajumma as a term of respect, but most other sources say it is mildly pejorative. An ajumma is often a restaurant worker, street vendor, or housewife.
- Ajumma is a TV program.
Printed books with definitions for Ajumma
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Rough Guide to Korea (2011)
by Norbert Paxton
An ajumma is a Korean woman, though the term is something of a grey area: it encompasses old age and anything approaching it, but can also be used to describe a married female, or one with children. However, with women understandably ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ajumma
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ajumma
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1J8U1M3M3A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ajumma for some fun with words!