On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ak
What does ak mean as a name of something?
- a state in northwestern North America; the 49th state admitted to the union
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of AK: Alaska / Last Frontier
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean
- trans-Alaska pipeline / Alaskan pipeline = an oil pipeline that runs 800 miles from wells at Prudhoe Bay to the port of Valdez
- Iditarod Trail = a trail that extends 1,100 miles from Anchorage over the Alaska Range to Nome
- Denali National Park = a large national park in Alaska having peaks of the Alaska Range (including Mount McKinley) and the huge Denali fault
- Gates of the Arctic National Park = a large national park in Alaska featuring the Great Mendenhall Glacier
- Katmai National Park = a national park in Alaska featuring mountains
- Kenai Fjords National Park = a national park in Alaska having mountains and whale watching and ancient Indian copper mines
- Kobuk Valley National Park = a national park in Alaska having mountains and forests and tundra and sand dunes and archeological sites
- Lake Clark National Park = a national park in Alaska having Eskimo and Athapaskan archeological sites
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park = the largest national park of the United States
- Aleutian Islands / Aleutians = an archipelago in the North Pacific extending southwest from Alaska
- capital of Alaska / Juneau = the state capital of Alaska
- Anchorage = a city in south central Alaska
- Nome = a town in western Alaska on the southern coast of the Seward Peninsula
- Sitka = a town in southeastern Alaska that was the capital of Russian America and served as the capital of Alaska from 1867 until 1906
- Skagway = a town in southeastern Alaska at the northern end of the Inside Passage
- Valdez = a port on Alaska's southern coast from which oil is shipped to markets around the world
- Seward Peninsula = a peninsula in western Alaska that projects westward into the Bering Sea just below the Arctic Circle
- Alexander Archipelago = a group of islands off southeastern Alaska
- Alaska Peninsula = a peninsula of southwestern Alaska
- Alaska Range = a mountain range in south central Alaska
- Denali Fault = a major open geological fault in Alaska
- Mount Hubbard / Hubbard = a mountain peak in southeastern Alaska that is part of the Coast Range
- Inland Passage / Inside Passage = a naturally protected waterway from Seattle to Skagway in southeastern Alaska
- Kodiak Island / Kodiak = an island off southern Alaska in the Gulf of Alaska
- Mount McKinley / Mt. McKinley / McKinley / Denali = a mountain in south central Alaska
- Great Mendenhall Glacier / Mendenhall Glacier = a glacier of the Piedmont type near Juneau in Alaska
- Prudhoe Bay = a bay on the northern coast of Alaska where oil was discovered in 1968
- St. Elias Mountains / St. Elias Range = a range of mountains between Alaska and the Yukon territory
AK a.k.a. Alaska is a U.S. state situated in the northwest extremity of the North American continent. Bordering the state to the east is Yukon, a Canadian territory, and the Canadian province of British Columbia, the Arctic Ocean to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the west and south, with Russia further west across the Bering Strait. Alaska is the largest state in the United States by area, the 4th least populous and the least densely populated of the 50 United States. Approximately half of Alaska's 735,132 residents live within the Anchorage metropolitan area. Alaska's economy is dominated by the oil, natural gas, and fishing industries, resources which it has in abundance. Tourism is also a significant part of the economy.
- read more about Alaska (state)
- AK a.k.a. Aamir Khan is an Indian film actor, director, screenwriter, producer and television presenter. Through his successful career in Hindi films, Khan has established himself as one of the most popular and influential actors of Indian cinema and is known by the name Mr Perfectionist. He is the recipient of numerous awards and nominations, including four National Film Awards and seven Filmfare Awards, and was honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri in 2003 and the Padma Bhushan in 2010.
- read more about Aamir Khan (actor)
- AK a.k.a. Anna Karina is a Danish-French citizen, film actress, director, and screenwriter who has spent most of her working life in France. She is known as a muse of the director Jean-Luc Godard, one of the pioneers of the French New Wave. Her notable collaborations with Godard include The Little Soldier, A Woman Is a Woman, Vivre sa vie, and Alphaville. With A Woman Is a Woman, Karina won the Best Actress award at the Berlin Film Festival.
- read more about Anna Karina (actress)
- AK a.k.a. Albert Kelly is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for Hull KR of the Super League. He formerly played for the Gold Coast Titans and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in the National Rugby League. He primarily plays five-eighth, half-back or full-back.
- read more about Albert Kelly
- AK is a musical artist.
- AK a.k.a. Allan Kaufman is a music consultant and film producer.
- read more about Allan Kaufman
- AK is a member of the musical group, P$C.
- member of musical group P$C (Vocals) since
- Ak is the brother of Eme Ikwuakor.
- AK a.k.a. Sergio Gomez is a member of the band Akwid.
- read more about Sergio Gomez
- Ak a.k.a. Akintola Jiboyewa is an actor.
- read more about Akintola Jiboyewa (actor)
- Ak a.k.a. AirAsia Berhad is a Malaysian low-cost airline headquartered near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. AirAsia group operates scheduled domestic and international flights to 100 destinations spanning 22 countries. Its main hub is klia2 at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Its affiliate airlines Thai AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia, Philippines AirAsia, AirAsia Zest and AirAsia India have hubs in Don Mueang International Airport, Soekarno–Hatta International Airport, Ninoy Aquino International Airport and Kempegowda International Airport respectively. While its subsidiary, AirAsia X focusing on long-haul routes. AirAsia's registered office is in Petaling Jaya, Selangor while its head office is at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
- also known as สายการบินแอร์เอเชีย, Asian Express, AirAsia Berhad, Air Asia, Air Azija, AirAsia X, Malaizijos „AirAsia“, Еър Ейжа, Еър Азия, 亞洲航空
- official website: www.airasia.com
- Ak a.k.a. Altair Airlines was an airline based in Philadelphia. It was in service from 1967 to 1982.
- Ak a.k.a. Airways International Cymru was an airline based in Cardiff, Wales formed by Red Dragon Travel, at the time a leading Welsh travel agency and tour operator. It commenced operations in early 1984, but the airline ceased all operations in early 1988 after financial difficulties arising from the lease of an aircraft to an American airline.
- ak a.k.a. angelika koehlermann is a record label.
- read more about angelika koehlermann
- Ak a.k.a. Air Bridge Carriers is an airline, aircraft owner.
- AK is a fictional character from the 2010 film Rakhta Charitra.
- AK is a fictional character from the 2003 film The Matrix Revolutions.
- AK a.k.a. Amrit Kanwal is a fictional character from the 2013 film Commando.
- read more about Amrit Kanwal
- Ak a.k.a. Akshay Kapoor is a fictional character from the 2006 film I See You.
- "Ak" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Richard Jajcay
- "AK" is a musical EP of Seven Sciences of Plenty.
- released in (10 years ago)
"AK" a.k.a. "Knight's Apprentice: Memorick's Adventures" is a video game.
- read more about Knight's Apprentice: Memorick's Adventures
- Ak a.k.a. Alpha Ursae Majoris is the second-brightest star in the constellation of Ursa Major. It has the traditional name Dubhe, and a rarer name Ak.
- read more about Alpha Ursae Majoris
- AK was a weekly radio program broadcast on the Alaska Public Radio network. Past episodes of AK are available to listeners around the world through a podcast archive.
- AK is an iata airline designator.
- Ak a.k.a. adenosine kinase is a gene.
- also known as adenosine 5'-phosphotransferase
- AK is a musical artist noted for featuring some mixtapes of Hussein Fatal from Outlaw Immortalz.
Scrabble value of A1K5
The value of this 2-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.