On this page:
- Akademgorodok, is a part of the Sovetsky District of the city of Novosibirsk, Russia, located 30 km south of the city center and about 10 km west of the Science town Koltsovo. It is the educational and scientific centre of Siberia.
- also known as Akademgorodok, Russia
- part of Russia
- Akademgorodok: Tomsk Akademgorodok is an estate in the Soviet area of Tomsk, Siberian Federal District, in which are research institutes, and have employees of the Tomsk Scientific Center of the Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Tomsk Akademgorodok is located in the eastern part of the Tomsk and on all sides surrounded by forests. Tomsk Akademgorodok is located on the high right bank of the river Ushaika. Its total area is 200 hectares. Construction of Tomsk Akademgorodok began in 1972. The Grand opening of the first scientific institute in Tomsk, Akademgorodok-the Institute of Atmospheric Optics, was held on January 25, 1975 .
- also known as Akademgorodok In Tomsk
- Akademgorodok – a major scientific center of Siberia; located in the west of the city Krasnoyarsk. Built during the Soviet times, it was conceived as a healthier, privileged enclave for academics to live in, among trees and vegetation and outside of the dirtier industrial areas.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Akademgorodok
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Apocalypse 2012 (2007)
A Scientific Investigation into Civilization's End by Lawrence E. Joseph
Akademgorodok is a marooned utopia, founded in the late 1950s, 30 miles outside of Novosibirsk, to be the center for top-secret Soviet research in weapons development, space applications, experimental medicine, and parapsychological ...
A 12-Volume Set
A fine example ofthe latter isthe educational and scientific center Akademgorodok (AcademyTown), which wasestablished inthe 1950s to boostSiberia's development andwhich involvedthetransfer of substantial scientific communities from ...
by Ray Hutchison
Prominent examples include the Akademgorodok Science City in Russia, Taedok Science Town in South Korea, and Tsukuba Science City in Japan. Increasingly entrepreneurial state and regional policymakers have sought to construct ...
Encyclopedia of the Cold War (2013)
by Ruud van Dijk, William Glenn Gray, Svetlana Savranskaya, Jeremi Suri, Qiang Zhai
New Atlantis Revisited: Akademgorodok, theSiberian Cityof Science.Princeton, NY: Princeton University Press, 1997. Kleinman, Daniel Lee.
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
As Siberia's cultural and educational centre, it developed the satellite town Akademgorodok with research institutes and a university. “Miracle of St. George over the Dragon,” icon by an anonymous artist of the Novgorod school, egg tempera ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
cultural and educational center, it developed the satellite town Akademgorodok with research institutes and a university. NOW See -National Organization for Women Noyce, Robert (Norton) (1927-1990) U.S. engineer. Born in Burlington.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akademgorodok
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Akademgorodok
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1K5A1D2E1M3G2O1R1O1D2O1K5
The value of this 13-letter word is 26 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akademgorodok to see it in context!